Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KKKLIP ART posted:

I actually think at this point Dabo stays. I used to think he would jump ship but it would take almost an insurmountable amount of money, which the Alabama boosters could do, to get him to go and the expectations would be higher than at Clemson. He can already drat near get anything he wants

A lot can in the next 6 to 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Making a lame joke about the only hope of stopping your football program being an F4 tornado on the same forum that put the falling man to yakkety sax isn’t an affront to your friend or an attempt at ‘internet points.’ Jesus Christ.

Ah yes the old “it happened on this website before freshman in college were born” excuse. Don’t use human tragedy to dunk on a football team you don’t like. How is that not hard? Now I remember why I floated off to twitter

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Making a lame joke about the only hope of stopping your football program being an F4 tornado on the same forum that put the falling man to yakkety sax isn’t an affront to your friend or an attempt at ‘internet points.’ Jesus Christ.

Man just say you're sorry it isn't that hard. I don't think you were being intentionally malicious but it wasn't that great a joke and it is about something that caused a lot of personal pain to people here. You don't need to dig in and defend it, just say you hosed up, apologize and move on

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 30, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

Ah yes the old “it happened on this website before freshman in college were born” excuse. Don’t use human tragedy to dunk on a football team you don’t like. How is that not hard? Now I remember why I floated off to twitter

Let’s go meteor clap clap clapclapclap

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tora Tora Torre

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Man just say you're sorry it isn't that hard. I don't think you were being intentionally malicious but it wasn't that great a joke and it is about something that caused a lot of personal pain to people here. You don't need to dig in and defend it, just say you hosed up, apologize and move on

Fair enough.

Fluffdaddy posted:

You’re right and I apologize.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SourKraut posted:

I’d be shocked if Saban doesn’t coach another 10 years though. Nothing short of a serious medical issue would force him away, so non-Bama fans get to deal with probably another 5-6 Alabama championships at least.

:hfive:

I used to (pre-forced Bama fandom) tease the poo poo out of Tide fans with the whole scorpion-and-the-frog story that Saban couldn't change his essential nature and he was going to jump jobs and they'd just have to get used to it. (It actually got me banned from what at the time was my favorite BBQ place because I didn't realize I was talking to the owner.)

Then I realized that he would never leave Bama because they offer him the one thing he couldn't get at any other school, and absolutely never would get in the NFL- control on a level that would make most deities jealous. I literally cannot overstate the amount of power he has in Tuscaloosa. Anything he asks for, it happens. He could point at any building on campus and say he doesn't like it, and it would be rubble within a month. And as long as he keeps winning, most people in this state would do anything to keep him happy, on up to marching Auburn fans into the showers.

That's why it never mattered how much money Texas waved at him. Bama would match it, and then they'd apologize to him for having to match it. He has the coaching dream. Zero booster drama, five-star recruits stacked behind each other, and a program so good he literally doesn't have to cheat.

(I'm not delusional, thousand-dollar handshakes happen everywhere including Tuscaloosa, but the school is in the rare position compliance-wise of having zero incentive to cheat)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
That said, watch the meltdown the first time he brings in a 9-3 season. You thought other fanbases were delusional and entitled, we would break your mind.

THE GAME HAS PASSED HIM BY PAWLLLLL, NOBODY IS SADDER THAN ME ABOUT HAVING TO SAY IT

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I always roll my eyes at the yearly talk on whether Saban will accept so and so NFL job. Like, why in the name of god would he EVER willingly give up his empire? Christ he’s more than an emperor he’s a Demi god at what he does.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I always roll my eyes at the yearly talk on whether Saban will accept so and so NFL job. Like, why in the name of god would he EVER willingly give up his empire? Christ he’s more than an emperor he’s a Demi god at what he does.

Are you a time traveler from five years ago?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

General Dog posted:

Are you a time traveler from five years ago?

The talk has abated but you still hear it.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

GD_American posted:

I used to (pre-forced Bama fandom) tease the poo poo out of Tide fans with the whole scorpion-and-the-frog story that Saban couldn't change his essential nature and he was going to jump jobs and they'd just have to get used to it. (It actually got me banned from what at the time was my favorite BBQ place because I didn't realize I was talking to the owner.)

Talking poo poo about a football coach/team causing you to be banned from a restaurant is the most goddamn Alabama thing ever.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Edit: wrong thread

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Gig em A-whoop

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Ready for gameday! Let's do this!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this hokie/bearcat game is surprisingly good so far

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

:hfive:

Trolling someone so hard about football that they ban you from their restaurant. That's pretty amazing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

alpha_destroy posted:

Ready for gameday! Let's do this!

Awesome. I hope you and the little boss enjoy the game.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

G-Hawk posted:

:hai:

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

G-Hawk posted:

Truth. Icing the kicker works sometimes!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

line is moving massively toward sparty this morning. oregon-2 to msu-1 in the last 3 hours

herbert better not be out

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That kid got smashed

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

superbelch posted:

Talking poo poo about a football coach/team causing you to be banned from a restaurant is the most goddamn Alabama thing ever.

And that restaurant was Doobie's Doghouse

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Found a Sun Bowl stream, toot toot

https://www.cbssports.com/video/livestream/

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Military Bowl is not bad.

Sunbowl is boring.

Except for that run that just happened.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Military Bowl is not bad.

Sunbowl is boring.

Except for that run that just happened.

its all to keep us busy until mizzou/okie st play first to 50

vatech cincy is legit fun though, back and forth

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 31, 2018

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
mizzou bitch

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Yessss, lets go Tech. This game feels more and more like it’s going to come down to whoever has the ball last.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This is already a much better Sun Bowl with Pitt involved than the last one

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Total disaster there Tech.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
thats some execution

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Not really an Oregon fan, but any port in a storm I guess.

Go, Not Michigan State. gently caress you for obstructing and covering up systemic child rape and molestation.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Thank you Mr. Bearcat for slipping there.

E: boo full possession

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 31, 2018

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Looks like the drops are back for Oregon, all that Nike money and we can't get these l these guys some stickum?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Cincy/VT is a good game

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Cincy/VT is a good game

Yeah, the games been pretty tight the whole time. VT currently has the ball with 1:10 left down by 4

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Lol vt

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://sadtrombone.com/?play=true

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good