Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is it MAXIMUM ACTION
https://store.steampowered.com/app/853770/Maximum_Action/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

al-azad posted:

This one was a demo I played in the mid-aughts. I recall downloading the demo alongside Temple of Elemental Evil demo. It was an isometric RPG with a graphical style very similar to Pillars of Eternity in that the levels are detailed pre-rendered scenes and the characters are 3D models. I only recall one character, a woman with fiery red hair. The only plot beats I recall is that you're at an abandoned castle with a wizard who tells you about the power to shift between realities so the gameplay involved phasing between the real world and spirit world but I don't recall anything else.

Did a bit of digging and pretty sure this is Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yep to both! I'm hoping Maximum Action gets a good discount in an hour.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

al-azad posted:

e2: Double ew, Quest for Glory 5 came out around this time and I also remember being repulsed by the demo and the enemies are Grecian style hoplites.

That's it thanks!
Looks like the demo I played and the final game was quite different though.

The strat game was more violent than kingdom under fire (the green guys got both their legs chopped off sometimes and I don't think the bodies disappeared) and there weren't any little buildings that you attacked it was more like myth where buildings were part of the map and bigger (the demo had a level where you had to protect a castle and you could move around in it) You didn't make units either you just started with some.

Edit it was Black moon Chronicles
https://www.mobygames.com/game/black-moon-chronicles

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 21, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HELP ME THREAD!

It's a PS2 brawler where your weapon was just a cylinder that would project energy into the shape of all sorts of different weapons.

The story was kinda anime (your dead girlfriend's soul was in the weapon for some reason) but it wasn't an anime game.

Every time I search for it I just get back The Brawler or Oni. Two fun games but not what I'm looking for.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

HELP ME THREAD!

It's a PS2 brawler where your weapon was just a cylinder that would project energy into the shape of all sorts of different weapons.

The story was kinda anime (your dead girlfriend's soul was in the weapon for some reason) but it wasn't an anime game.

Every time I search for it I just get back The Brawler or Oni. Two fun games but not what I'm looking for.

Is it Eve Of Extinction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAxQN2HODLQ

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YES YES YES THANK YOU!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Original xbox. Mech or vehicle combat game with more pod like or spherical machines, believe they had wheels on legs, so they rolled around but could also do things like side step and jump. Similar to armored core in how you could customize equipment in load outs.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Original xbox. Mech or vehicle combat game with more pod like or spherical machines, believe they had wheels on legs, so they rolled around but could also do things like side step and jump. Similar to armored core in how you could customize equipment in load outs.

Not a lot of mech games on Xbox. Phantom Crash is the closest to your description.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

al-azad posted:

Not a lot of mech games on Xbox. Phantom Crash is the closest to your description.

That's the game, thanks!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
This one is a long shot. Old puzzle/maze game that looked kind of like that Windows maze screen saver, with a general castle theme. The castle had bats in it that I think would pick you up and drop you somewhere else so you would get turned around, but you could throw them fruit to distract them and get by. There was a level creator that I would use to make a big room full of bats so I could "feed" them all fruit. :kimchi: (I was a weird kid.)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

packetmantis posted:

This one is a long shot. Old puzzle/maze game that looked kind of like that Windows maze screen saver, with a general castle theme. The castle had bats in it that I think would pick you up and drop you somewhere else so you would get turned around, but you could throw them fruit to distract them and get by. There was a level creator that I would use to make a big room full of bats so I could "feed" them all fruit. :kimchi: (I was a weird kid.)

I recall this game as well; I could've sworn I saw advertising for it from TLC, but not seeing any hits there.

edit: aha, it's Logic Quest 3D, which for some reason isn't listed on wikipedia or many other places.

https://www.blog.radiator.debacle.us/2011/09/logic-quest-3d-lost-history-of.html

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 30, 2018

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
:allears: I love you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: aha, it's Logic Quest 3D, which for some reason isn't listed on wikipedia or many other places.

https://www.blog.radiator.debacle.us/2011/09/logic-quest-3d-lost-history-of.html

Be the change you want to see in the world.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Whats the name of the PC nascar type driving simulator, where you have people who take it super seriously like its a real race and they go crazy when a casual player who doesnt give a poo poo crashes into them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ChocNitty posted:

Whats the name of the PC nascar type driving simulator, where you have people who take it super seriously like its a real race and they go crazy when a casual player who doesnt give a poo poo crashes into them.

iRacing?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Probably, though there aren't a ton of don't-give-a-poo poo players in iRacing because it's a subscription service (in part to discourage people who don't give a poo poo from registering, kinda like the tenbux barrier here).

I set my dad up with an account a couple years ago and we occasionally participate in the same race :allears:. It's worth checking out if you're sick of people in other games ramming you off a corner in a manner that would probably result in a DQ in real life.

That said, there's no shortage of people who suck getting mad at other people for something that you could easily blame both parties for, especially in the rookie series. The voice chat rage can be entertaining.

Shine fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 30, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

I'm afraid I don't know the game well enough, nor have I ever edited wikipedia, sorry.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

So I was over in the XCOM thread and this exchange occurred:

jng2058 posted:

I'm aware it's fairly unlikely, but having won X-Com, XCOM, and XCOM2, what I've always wanted from the series was some kind of "kicked 'em off Earth, now let's hunt the fuckers down" game where humanity (with XCOM as the tip of the spear) heads out into space to chase down the Ethereals. Gimme some 4X, with tactical space combat, especially focused on boarding actions and raids on Ethereal held worlds. Let me see what the Ethereals are running from, gimme new aliens, some friendly, some neutral, some shootable.

Gimme a real continuation of the story, not "oh wait, here's more of the same but underwater" or "nope, turns out you actually lost the first game".

Vengarr posted:

I remember a game like this. It was an indie thing where the tutorial mission was announcing your presence to the world by destroying an alien advance fleet. Afterwards, you would set up a Council of Funding Nations and step into space. There were admirals and firing arcs and all kinds of jazz.

Didn't buy it because it was too confusing for my lizard brain and now I can't remember the name.

Anybody know what game Vengarr is referring to?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

PC, 1995-7, side scrolling, you were a ninja, color palette mostly orange with some purple.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BattleCattle posted:

PC, 1995-7, side scrolling, you were a ninja, color palette mostly orange with some purple.

Long shot, but Zool maybe?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

jng2058 posted:

So I was over in the XCOM thread and this exchange occurred:

Anybody know what game Vengarr is referring to?

Your original post kind of describes the backstory of X-COM: Interceptor, I think, but gameplay-wise it's not really what you're looking for.

I have no idea what Vengarr is talking about but now I want to know too.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Blast I remember the game, and the abortive LP, but not the name itself.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Was it any of the UFO AfterXYZ games?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
was it solar war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGFIhQm4Ww
couldnt find an lp of it but i dont have archives

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I might be getting this mixed up with Apogee's "Monster Bash," but was there a game that looked quite similar to that (early 90s DOS game, EGA graphics) where you played as a baby?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The game I’m trying to remember was a Command and Conquer clone from the early or mid 90’s. It had two factions, a modern(for the time) military and alien invaders. The alien faction hand an Area 51 grey alien vibe.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The game I’m trying to remember was a Command and Conquer clone from the early or mid 90’s. It had two factions, a modern(for the time) military and alien invaders. The alien faction hand an Area 51 grey alien vibe.

You didn't mention anything about the weird fog-of-war mechanic it had, but maybe Conquest Earth?

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Chinook posted:

I might be getting this mixed up with Apogee's "Monster Bash," but was there a game that looked quite similar to that (early 90s DOS game, EGA graphics) where you played as a baby?

It was a NES game and it wasn't exported to the US until the Virtual Console era, but Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa makes very good use of the NES's graphics and it compares well with EGA-level stuff.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Dark Colony?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ManxomeBromide posted:

It was a NES game and it wasn't exported to the US until the Virtual Console era, but Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa makes very good use of the NES's graphics and it compares well with EGA-level stuff.

That looks really delightful, actually, but I'm starting to think I just thought the kid in Monster Bash was younger, for whatever reason. Thanks though!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chinook posted:

That looks really delightful, actually, but I'm starting to think I just thought the kid in Monster Bash was younger, for whatever reason. Thanks though!

The game (Bio Miracle) is actually quite fun.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Trying to remember a multiplayer game, I think it was published by Sony through their Station service. It was dark, cheesy cyberpunk themed. I remember the gameplay involved being team based, and a big part of it was hacking computers (which was just going up to them and holding a button). It would've been around the same time as Tanarus, but it's not on the list of games from Sony Online Entertainment on Wikipedia.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I don't know about the gameplay, but one game released by them around that time is Infantry Online - could that have been it?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

silencer. it was on won.net

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cowcaster posted:

silencer. it was on won.net

That's the one. Thank you very much!

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
A few months back I visited a friend in the hospital and there was an XBox One in the room. A handful of games were pre-installed and I'm trying to find one of them.

The game was 2-d, side scrolling. You controlled a character navigating a dungeon with puzzles. At one point your one character split into two, and you controlled both of them at the same time, opt and bottom of the screen. I think one was purple and the other green? As you progressed through the levels, you were given a score and a perfect score gave you a golden insignia. The levels climbed up a tree, I think. The game had a hippy/new-age vibe to it. My friend thinks the game started with a Z but I went through a list of games and didn't recognize it.

Thanks in advance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

netwerk23 posted:

A few months back I visited a friend in the hospital and there was an XBox One in the room. A handful of games were pre-installed and I'm trying to find one of them.

The game was 2-d, side scrolling. You controlled a character navigating a dungeon with puzzles. At one point your one character split into two, and you controlled both of them at the same time, opt and bottom of the screen. I think one was purple and the other green? As you progressed through the levels, you were given a score and a perfect score gave you a golden insignia. The levels climbed up a tree, I think. The game had a hippy/new-age vibe to it. My friend thinks the game started with a Z but I went through a list of games and didn't recognize it.

Thanks in advance.

I think this is ibb & obb?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

That reminds me, I've forgotten the name of a game from a few years ago (around 2013) that's a sidescrolling platformer puzzle game. You can endlessly clone yourself to solve puzzles, sometimes having to do dark things like kill your clones and climb on their bodies or pile them up on a weighted platform. The graphics were dark and I think hand made objects so it had a stop motion look to it. Had a simple impossible to google name like The Desecrator or something. Very well reviewed for the time but kind of forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the swapper i think