Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Sodium Chloride posted:

Can people start talking about what banner you're going to pull on the GSSR instead?

My only 5* Lancer is Scathach, so i’ll be rolling the Lancer banner. My hope is I ideally get both Artoria’s, but i’d be fine with Enkidu or Karna, they just wouldn’t be my top picks.

Terper posted:

I'm gonna be real honest, I'm still back in France. I don't really play a lot. But I decided, gently caress it, I'll buy some quartz and do a pull on the Merlin banner, because I've been streaming with my friend (the clip I posted earlier) and I like Merlin. Like, I really like Merlin, I think he's dope as all hell.

I'm

I'm so sorry

But I'm now contractually obligated to play this game forever.

Luck Havers need to get out of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Terper posted:

I'm gonna be real honest, I'm still back in France. I don't really play a lot. But I decided, gently caress it, I'll buy some quartz and do a pull on the Merlin banner, because I've been streaming with my friend (the clip I posted earlier) and I like Merlin. Like, I really like Merlin, I think he's dope as all hell.

I'm

I'm so sorry

no, get out, stay away from this game, you can be free

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

Hey

uh

just letting you know that you should probably not go outside or do anything that could possibly put you at risk because the sheer amount of luck you just burned puts you at risk for basically everything.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

Awesome! Congratulations on getting him! :buddy:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

So that's where my JP merlin ended up

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Musashi, like Dantès, is one of the few servants who first shows up in a limited time event but then returns in main story chapters, making it very awkward if you missed the original event and have never met them before.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Terper posted:

Now that's one ridiculous pull.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

This is a lot, to take in.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

i genuinely dont know if this is good or bad luck

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bakanogami posted:

Musashi, like Dantès, is one of the few servants who first shows up in a limited time event but then returns in main story chapters, making it very awkward if you missed the original event and have never met them before.

Admittedly that was the biggest surprise of the final event. I had no idea the Count of Monte Cristo was in the game at all.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
He is and he's wonderfully hammy, I love him so. If he was available in the paid roll SSR I'd deffo go for the extra category, but instead I'll probably go rider since I have a 3/4 chance of getting one of the three I care about to NP2 and i'll be able to burn medb if i get her

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I haven't played his event but uh, is there any particular reason Dantes skill set seems to be... like being a DBZ guy?

Granted, I never read the Count of Monte Crisco, but I watched a few episodes of Gankutsuo and he didn't really seem like a zip behind you and beam attack you to smithereens type of guy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Avengers are always edgy nerds

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Guys I’m still torn between doing GSSR for riders or casters. Do either of them have story locked servants?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

dogsicle posted:

idk if this is the exact max efficiency way but:
- limit break one FP CE
- feed 20 other FP CEs into that one
- limit break another FP CE
- feed 19 other FP CEs, and the MLB FP CE you previously fed 20 FP CEs to, to this new one
- rinse and repeat

Aw poo poo I have not been doing it like that at all. Thank you

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Billzasilver posted:

Guys I’m still torn between doing GSSR for riders or casters. Do either of them have story locked servants?

Rider: Quetz

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Billzasilver posted:

Like said, just Quetz I think.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Terper posted:

(hogs all the merlins)

Well, now I know why I haven't been able to pull him yet. :argh:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dawgstar posted:

Admittedly that was the biggest surprise of the final event. I had no idea the Count of Monte Cristo was in the game at all.

His event will be rerun this year. It was pretty drat good.

It was well-received to the extent that Dantes got his own audio drama where he killed a Demon Pillar as a human and also killed the main villain of Tsukihime before he could become A Thing, explaining how the two universes diverged.

The latter is a little depressing now that we know more about the world setting. It seems the reason Servants can’t be summoned in the Tsukihime-verse is that its world is a Lostbelt—a universe where humanity is either destined to go extinct or drift away from what defines “humanity”, and is thus cut off from the Main Timestream as a lost cause.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Billzasilver posted:

None of the Casters are story-locked, Medb and Quetz are both story-locked on the Rider banner.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Billzasilver posted:

Aw poo poo I have not been doing it like that at all. Thank you
It ultimately does not matter all that much, since there's not much of a way to "waste" XP when leveling CEs, it's just that hypothetically there are more QP efficient ways to do it.

And all it really boils down to is that the lower level something is, the less QP it costs to level up. What you do with that information is kind of up to you (it will still be a pain in the rear end).

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

I haven't played his event but uh, is there any particular reason Dantes skill set seems to be... like being a DBZ guy?

Granted, I never read the Count of Monte Crisco, but I watched a few episodes of Gankutsuo and he didn't really seem like a zip behind you and beam attack you to smithereens type of guy

IIRC it has something to do with the fact that the servant version isn't technically the real Edmund Dantes since Dantes eventually let go of his anger and had a happy ending. Our Dantes is purely the fresh out of prison sort and he's powered up with pure vengeance energy. Or something. And that's why he fires DBZ lasers.

Either that or Abbe Faria who trained him was actually Master Roshi or something.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is because he's based in part on The Stars My Destination, a sci-fi novel a lot like the The Count of Monte Cristo. His NP name even references it - both the subtitle and the book's original name reference Blake's Tiger poem.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

Congrats on the merlin, sorry about you getting stuck in gacha hell with the rest of us.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Shiny777 posted:

None of the Casters are story-locked, Medb and Quetz are both story-locked on the Rider banner.

Well poo poo. Rider banner is is then :toot:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Vengarr posted:

His event will be rerun this year. It was pretty drat good.

It was well-received to the extent that Dantes got his own audio drama where he killed a Demon Pillar as a human and also killed the main villain of Tsukihime before he could become A Thing, explaining how the two universes diverged.

The latter is a little depressing now that we know more about the world setting. It seems the reason Servants can’t be summoned in the Tsukihime-verse is that its world is a Lostbelt—a universe where humanity is either destined to go extinct or drift away from what defines “humanity”, and is thus cut off from the Main Timestream as a lost cause.

Nothing in this is correct

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

taser rates posted:

Nothing in this is correct

The rerun is coming this year... oh wait, the clock says it's still 2018. Guess you're right after all.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Die monster! You don't belong in this thread!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
The story-locked (basically limited) servants on this GSSR, presuming it's the same, are Lancer Artoria (shared with Karna and Enkidu), Cu Alter (shared with Vlad and Nightingale), and Medb/Quetzalcoatl (shared with Drake and Ozy). So yeah, Rider has a 50% shot for them which is probably the best you'll ever get at what amounts to a limited Servant.

I was very much planning to go Rider, but then Quetzalcoatl ambushed me in like 7 tickets and I have Drake already. So now I'm guessing I'll go Lancer, since I don't have a 5* at all yet, or Berserker, which on average has the better gameplay people, but I have Raikou and I don't really like them as characters quite as much as I like all the Lancers.

Of course, I'm mentally prepared for the GSSR to throw us for a loop, as all of New Year's might.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Scathach_Says/status/1079548444086284288

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Edmond Dantes of the Fate universe went on a Bizarre Adventure after escaping prison, but before he pursued his more famous revenge. He fought church executors and a vampire. That's about all I know, but that's okay. He's a chuunibyou dork and the first servant I 10/10/10d.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
dantes is high up on my list but always around banners i'm more about. hopefully i stumble into him some day

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

You're a monster for absorbing the thread's luck during Merlin banner. At least share some for that for when Mushashi banner arrives.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Does that make Rich Evans into Merlin?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

Does that make Rich Evans into Merlin?

Well, Rich is canonically immortal now so probably.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goetia's reason for his plan was actually to destroy Beast VIII: The Wheel of the Worst.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
ARS PAULINA BROKE NEW GROUND

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Bit late here, but I just finished off the Final Singularity. I avoided the story twists for the most part, so there were some nice surprises in store for me, and some sad moments too. Alas, poor Romani, I knew him well.

I thought the boss battles were a good level of difficulty for this singularity, and though it's shameful, I make no apologies for using Command Spells in the first battle against Goetia. Having half your team wiped out in Turn 1 is a bit of a mountain to overcome. At least the 2nd one was a nice reprieve. Appropriately enough, the last man standing for the last battle was Vlad III, my first-ever 5*.

Anyways, I have to admit I had a lot more fun overall with Part 1 than I expected when I first picked up the game. Now nothing to do but wait until Part 2, I guess!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Terper posted:

I'm

I'm so sorry

Holy poo poo :golfclap: do you have us all added on the friends list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

dogsicle posted:

my gandr never once landed on him :sigh:

I'm 99% sure it can't miss if they aren't immune, though...?