Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
stop making me want to buy mhxx again I already have too many games to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GASHUNK GASHUNK GASHUNK

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Computer posted:

stop making me want to buy mhxx again I already have too many games to play

It’s really good. I’m probably in the extreme minority here but I’m enjoying it more than MHW.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well I wouldn't bet on World getting much new content until the expansion so XX is looking pretty good right now.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
but I already spent 300+ hours on it :negative:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I've "only" spent 80 hours on it and am barely about to reach high rank. It's so addicting!

It's honestly my favorite switch game, I think. And it's not even an exclusive!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Since we're talking about it, a plug for the LP I'm in, Will It Cat? It's a fun Gen U LP about catting it up!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm glad there was a demo for MHXX because it let me know about the CONSTANT meowing and I couldn't take it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Imagined posted:

I'm glad there was a demo for MHXX because it let me know about the CONSTANT meowing and I couldn't take it.

I remember thinking it was too much as well when I first tried my first monhun demo, but you filter it out surprisingly fast :v:

also keep in mind that the demo is extra noisy due to their abilities and stuff, and you can go with just one cat or even no cats (if you're some kind of cat hater) in the full game

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The internet, and social media in particular, continues to be a mistake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bowesette seems rather inoffensive I don’t see why yall care so much.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
When you're extremely online you reach the saturation point for anything new and popular in about 20 minutes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s weird fetish art for a family video game series. Not sure I’d say offensive but it’s weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s weird fetish art for a family video game series. Not sure I’d say offensive but it’s weird.

Man if your gonna get mad at fetish art you will never have a chance to play games. I mean if you have been on this forum for any length of time you have seen weirder fetish art.

The only time I even hear about Bowesette anymore is people being extremely mad.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So Hyper Light Drifter continues to engross me wholly, in a way I hadn't experienced... since Hollow Knight, and prior to that Breath of the Wild. It's been a great couple of years all told.

The game is simple at its core and then just gives you so much to explore and fight. The soundtrack is perfect, but I don't think I could listen to it outside of the game. It's part and parcel of the whole package.

Funnily enough I decided to try it out after reading that Demontower in Night in the Woods was more or less the same gameplay (action-wise). I've beaten the bosses of the north and west sectors and I'm sure there's more to see but I'm going to go east but first I'm bashing my head at the dash arena currently, and I probably shouldn't be, but I know I can get whatever is gated by whatever the amount of dashes needed is.

I take breaks with Smash, and Starlink. My brother-in-law got me Old School Musical which is a cute time-wasting rhythm game. The music isn't quite as good as it'd like to be but it's fine, and there are some great tracks. Beat the main story there and just doing the post-game stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man if your gonna get mad at fetish art you will never have a chance to play games. I mean if you have been on this forum for any length of time you have seen weirder fetish art.

The only time I even hear about Bowesette anymore is people being extremely mad.

I didn’t get mad at it. I just found it creepy at worst and lame at best. You’re right that no one talks about it anymore really and I’m thankful for that.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I hate the whole "buy this thing you don't want so you might get the thing you do want" mentality too. I wanted No More Heroes 3, not Co-Op Furi with a kitschy NMH aesthetic. If he actually ends up making 3 at some point then great I'll buy that when it happens.

Yeah, Wii owners will probably have PTSD with that line too, feeling like they have to buy trash to show publishers that they want the real stuff. The worst was when one of these weird spinoff "testing the market" games did actually do well and then publishers then said "oh, obviously they want the spinoff and not the real mainline stuff then" and just made more of those. Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles were such big sellers for the Wii and we're checking to see if there is a RE fanbase on the Wii? Surely that means we should make another lightgun game and an awful version of Dead Rising using the RE4 engine! Oh, and let's port the old games too. Those didn't sell as well? I guess we were right all along that a mainline RE game wouldn't do well then!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I didn’t get mad at it. I just found it creepy at worst and lame at best. You’re right that no one talks about it anymore really and I’m thankful for that.

I have some bad news about the fifth Smash DLC character.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I just got a Switch... Can I use any car charger that would fast charge a Samsung Note 9?

Don't want to buy something I already have.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Krime posted:

I just got a Switch... Can I use any car charger that would fast charge a Samsung Note 9?

Don't want to buy something I already have.

Yes but not on the dock. For safety's sake, only use the official nintendo cable on the dock.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I hate the whole "buy this thing you don't want so you might get the thing you do want" mentality too. I wanted No More Heroes 3, not Co-Op Furi with a kitschy NMH aesthetic. If he actually ends up making 3 at some point then great I'll buy that when it happens.

The game is pretty much nmh3, but suda wants a proper narrative run up to nmh3 proper. Tied with his wanting to be indie again since all the aaa companies just want his name but not him, Travis strikes again is him getting back into development. Suda has already said 3 is pretty much already coming. I'm willing to bet they're already seeing better numbers than the last 2.

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
suda51 could put out a horse masturbating simulator and I would still buy it and enjoy it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The trash mobs would leave you a little horse

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bowsette was actually cool and good.

Like for what it was, I know it got a lot of artists that are perfectly fine out of a funk and got them to have fun with designing princesses. It didn't last long and exited most peoples minds just as fast as it showed up but it was kind of neat seeing so many people break through art blocks just to draw whatever came to mind from it.

Goons just like bein weird about it which is kind of ironic v:shobon:v.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How do I get one of the gamecube controller adapters?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What are the odds we get new Mario Kart 8 DLC btw. I remember them saying to expect new exciting updates, then they added Labo steering or whatever that was and nothing else.

Any bets it'll show up with DLC in a direct? Whose even behind the Mario Kart games?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What are the odds we get new Mario Kart 8 DLC btw. I remember them saying to expect new exciting updates, then they added Labo steering or whatever that was and nothing else.

Any bets it'll show up with DLC in a direct? Whose even behind the Mario Kart games?

Nintendo said more DLC is coming to big 1st party games that were already out a few months ago. MK8D and Mario Odyssey seem to be the likeliest to me since I don’t see Zelda or Splatoon 2 getting much more. There is that Mario Kart mobile game that’s coming so maybe something to link the two?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 31, 2018

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Imagined posted:

Yes but not on the dock. For safety's sake, only use the official nintendo cable on the dock.

Thanks. In my mind I was using it undocked while on the road.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Imagined posted:

It really is excessive. In the previous game, you only had one palico at most, and it was endurable. With two, they never shut up, and it sounds kinda awful. If I wasn't totally burnt out on World, the double palicoes would definitely be my next excuse for not having bought it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

enojy posted:

It really is excessive. In the previous game, you only had one palico at most, and it was endurable. With two, they never shut up, and it sounds kinda awful. If I wasn't totally burnt out on World, the double palicoes would definitely be my next excuse for not having bought it.

The palicoes own, and I am glad of their presence and meowing

What' I'm not glad of is how pretty much all of 8 and 9 start quests are just the same monster you've already fought but with fifty times more hit points.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

How do I get one of the gamecube controller adapters?

Buy one from a store.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
this looks cool

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah been looking forward to seeing more of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owk8Im6G4dc

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Nintendo should make a new fighting game called "Sword Bitches" and move every fighter that uses a sword in Smash into the new game.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Wildtortilla posted:

Nintendo should make a new fighting game called "Sword Bitches" and move every fighter that uses a sword in Smash into the new game.

It's called Fire Emblem

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
From Software should remaster the early Armored Core games instead of making Souls games.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Circle Nine posted:

From Software should remaster the early Armored Core games instead of making Souls games.

Unfortunately that won't make them a ton of money.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Circle Nine posted:

At least we've got Daemon X Machina coming for the Switch.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I smashed online and had a lot of fun. Goddamn. I was expecting it to be poo poo because I don't have a LAN adapter but I was able to play just fine. I even won a couple of games!

What an absurd improvement from Brawl. I think I attempted to play that online only once and it was miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I never find anything in BOTW the way you're "supposed" to. I just dropped in on the Spring of Courage from a mountain top, completely skipping all the mobs by the entrance. I didn't even know it was there. Found the Horse God the same way after getting all the other Great Fairies first.