Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

horny for kirby and I don't care who knows it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

horny for kirby and I don't care who knows it

I wish I didn't know this about you...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

One more for snail

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Kirby a single celled organism?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chumbler posted:

Is Kirby a single celled organism?

Kirby is an alien who doesn't organize his biomass into cells like earth organisms do

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
is Kirby single

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

cheetah7071 posted:

Kirby is an alien who doesn't organize his biomass into cells like earth organisms do

Please, that's enough excitement for snail already.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

doingitwrong posted:

is Kirby single

sigh, another one for the "horny for kirby" list

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Please, that's enough excitement for snail already.
the mcmahon reaction gif but he's reacting to kirby ingesting waddle doos

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What happens if Kirby puts on the Super Crown? :thunk:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8Xj_OePKc

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Infinitum posted:

he looks directly at you and waves and says hiiiii

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

They were greek-speaking people whose ancestors had been greek-speakers in the same regions for at least 500 years before the Romans conquered them. They were greeks and also they were Romans, because by the time of the iconoclasm crisis they had been part of the Roman empire for a thousand years, and the heartland of said empire for 500
I was being a bit facetious. :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Accordion Man posted:

I was being a bit facetious. :v:

There's enough misinformation about the medieval Roman empire that I'm not gonna let even joke posts slide. I will be the fun police on this. Hate me if you must

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

Jigglypuff

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I gooned it up real good tonight... went out for some drinks, realised on the bus ride home that my fly had been undone for who knows how long

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm trying to watch actual TV for the first time in like a decade and sticking a paper clip in the antenna port only gave me 4 channels none of which are the one I wanted

how are channels not just streamed online these days

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
man i meant to spend today drawing but then I found out attack on titan was on hulu and whoops gotta put in effort after work tomorrow

also I probably should have unpacked my art supplies two months ago when I moved in. Drawing without a good ruler suckssssssssss :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm trying to watch actual TV for the first time in like a decade and sticking a paper clip in the antenna port only gave me 4 channels none of which are the one I wanted

how are channels not just streamed online these days

youtube keeps advertising literally this at me for $50 a month in cooperation with "your local TV provider" :capitalism:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The show I wanna watch is on broadcast TV so I just ordered a $10 antenna off amazon that seems like a better plan

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

The show I wanna watch is on broadcast TV so I just ordered a $10 antenna off amazon that seems like a better plan

an antenna has a better chance of capturing ghosts or alien broadcasts anyway

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

an antenna has a better chance of capturing ghosts or alien broadcasts anyway

I'm more worried about beaming in a space alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkGM0GHnPG8

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some games with a female silent protagonist?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Metroid

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I noted this when playing Danganronpa V3 (lol) but there's almost no games other than niche visual novels that have a female MC and a first-person perspective. Like, Metroid Prime was the only example I could think of.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

A Steam library full of games and this is what I'm playing.

I mean, it's a new translation for a game I'd been hoping would be translated for years (Stories of Ihatovo), but still, a couple brand new top-of-the-line games and instead I rush to essentially a proto-walking simulator/storybook for the Super Famicom...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That痴 sick I知 struggling through Monster Hunter World and wondering what I知 doing wrong even though I知 possibly doing things right? I知 kinda just spamming my bow a lot and trying to hit sensitive spots as best I can while my cat tanks the poo poo out of whatever we池e fighting

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

That痴 sick I知 struggling through Monster Hunter World and wondering what I知 doing wrong even though I知 possibly doing things right? I知 kinda just spamming my bow a lot and trying to hit sensitive spots as best I can while my cat tanks the poo poo out of whatever we池e fighting

Are you aware that your bow charge level increases by one when you do the sidestep?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 31, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://my.mixtape.moe/ewalgp.mp4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why is it that we had 4 player split screen games when everyone had 19 inch TVs and now that everyone has 50 inch TVs we have hardly any split screen games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Gris, Transistor, and Journey.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Why is it that we had 4 player split screen games when everyone had 19 inch TVs and now that everyone has 50 inch TVs we have hardly any split screen games

More money to be made forcing everyone to own their own console, copy of the game, and paid online sub. Plus players like to have their own progress and achievements now. Games are filled with pointless carrots on a stick to keep you playing but don't actually have anything to do with enjoying the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

split screen always kind of sucked but it was just the only option back in the day

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am currently plagued with decision paralysis in what is supposed to be a very chill game. Meruru why are you stressing me out so much. I don't need this. I don't need 50 objectives listed all at once while a clock is ticking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

split screen always kind of sucked but it was just the only option back in the day

There are a few notable split screen, couch multiplayer games though; Mario Kart 8 was designed for justifying murder, Black Ops 4 surprisengly has it for all game modes including Battle Royale, and Diablo 3.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Does Persona 2 count

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Does Persona 2 count

Persona 3 Portable

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

I don't think the bow is really a great starter weapon. You have to manage limited coating supplies which you also can't really afford to restock (store sells them, never bother with crafting your own), its mechanics are somewhat complex, and ranged weapons innately lower your defense against physical attacks compared to melee weapons which can lead to a lot of frustration when learning the general flow of fights and what monsters can do. It also doesn't really shine unless you either have a bunch of skills and items that help with stamina management or know boss arenas to abuse its aerial attacks. I say give one of the melee weapons a shot. Switch axe, dual blades, and gunlance are very straightforward to use in my opinion. Others have a bit more going on or need more general game and monster knowledge but also have higher skill ceilings.

That all being said, every weapon is great and it ultimately comes down to personal taste for which one you stick with.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

I don't think the bow is really a great starter weapon. You have to manage limited coating supplies which you also can't really afford to restock (store sells them, never bother with crafting your own), its mechanics are somewhat complex, and ranged weapons innately lower your defense against physical attacks compared to melee weapons which can lead to a lot of frustration when learning the general flow of fights and what monsters can do. It also doesn't really shine unless you either have a bunch of skills and items that help with stamina management or know boss arenas to abuse its aerial attacks. I say give one of the melee weapons a shot. Switch axe, dual blades, and gunlance are very straightforward to use in my opinion. Others have a bit more going on or need more general game and monster knowledge but also have higher skill ceilings.

That all being said, every weapon is great and it ultimately comes down to personal taste for which one you stick with.

You don't really need to worry about the limited coatings before tempered monsters. He'll do fine with normal shots and close range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
I'll just say it. Bows are pretty boring and you should give other weapons a chance.