Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Oh, also Jason Portman going to the GAMA hospital wing in Hokkaido - same deal as the sheikh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Most missions that have an event of some kind planned will eventually go forward, unless something specific is stopping it. The timers are sometimes really, really generous.

For example, the private eye in Sapienza won't ever go to his meeting because he fell asleep- but, if you wait long enough, the psychiatrist will eventually go give Caruso his session.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 30, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Discendo Vox posted:

Most missions that have an event of some kind planned will eventually go forward, unless something specific is stopping it. The timers are sometimes really, really generous.

For example, the private eye in Sapienza won't ever go to his meeting because he fell asleep- but, if you wait long enough, the psychiatrist will eventually go give Caruso his session.

The gently caress, he will? How long a wait is it?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

according to a reddit poster, ~15 mins. But you have to trigger his phone call first AND then move away from him, which is kind of a pain in the nikta.

double nine fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 30, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

double nine posted:

according to a reddit poster, ~15 mins. But you have to trigger his phone call first AND then move away from him, which is kind of a pain in the nikta.

Sounds like I'm going to get to spend some time reading while lurking by Caruso's front gate soon...

Dang, but I can't wait to see how badly the therapy goes

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

someone else already make a video if you want to see that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGh6l950L_s

surprisingly, Lafayette isn't a complete idiot.

double nine fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 30, 2018

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I picked this up and got through all of the locations last night (and Holiday Hoarders, I don't remember it being such a pain in the rear end last time but I got my Santa suit :woop: ). Also SA'd the ET. Good lord these maps are huge. It's not been unusual to take 90 minutes or so the first time just exploring around.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I thought this contract was a neat proof of concept, so here's a run for one of mine to give away the solution:

Hear No Evil (1:45)

To reiterate, the gimmick of the contract is that two of the targets are in a room surrounded by guards, with No Pacifications and an evidence box right in the same room. While panic strats might work here, audio lures allow for the mesmerization of all relevant NPCs in such a manner that not a single body need be hidden or even moved while allowing a sub-2:00 finish with a little bit of tweaking.

The idea here is that inaccessible or undetectable audio lures will continue to hold the attention of huge crowds of people, and will do so indefinitely with only minor repositioning adjustments unless and until an NPC can find the source of the distraction and report it or retrieve it. The rubble in this area can block line of sight or render lures inaccessible, preventing NPCs from ever breaking free of the lures.

There's some randomness to the two guys at the barred door, because they're checkpoint guards and their AI is wonky, but this rough process should produce semi-consistent results eventually as long as they're unable to discover the Mixtape in the rubble. The spot where I put the Phone is extremely consistent, works 99% of the time. Doing something a bit fancier and using an emetic on one of the checkpoint guards might allow for faster times I'm sure, but I really like the way the phone can turn an entire room of a dozen people toward it and keep them facing that way.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

I thought this contract was a neat proof of concept, so here's a run for one of mine to give away the solution:
Hahaha, what the gently caress.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Nakar posted:

That's quite incredible, I spent some time messing around with your contract but didn't think of that. I did find that you could use a Napoleon Blownaparte to lure the middle targets, but it was unreliable which you got, and it seemed impossible to get the second one to come that way. So I just gave up eventually. It's very interesting to see the solution.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Killed the ET today! Given his background I thought it would be appropriate to toss Napoleon Blownaparte to him, have him pocket it, then wait until he was on camera to detonate it (it just goes to black though). Not exactly SA but it was fun :v:

And now I'm the proud owner of the ugliest starting outfit in the game, now with gloves!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Okay, guess it's time. I've 100%-ed almost all the other legacy maps. Time to finally do Bangkok. :sigh:

I guess i should finally do a mission story or two. But what i've seen of the map when doing the Classics challenges wasn't great. In fact it's the only map where i've done only 5/54 of the assassination/discovery/feat things. Hell, it's the only map where i still haven't uncovered all locations, despite completing all the Classics on it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Man I loving love the dialogue in this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqrKkjlvDhg
:allears:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Exhibition Shooter (Sgail): 1-21-3308227-02

TARGETS: Four, all over the place: A waitress in the main party area, the guy overseeing Blake Nathaniel's security system, the interrogator, and one of the guards outside the Constant's office. No kill restrictions.
COMPLICATIONS: Do Not Get Spotted.
NOTES: Despite what the briefing says, some trick shots may be required. There was one I managed to make entirely accidentally and I'm still not sure how it happened (a headshot one-shot shouldn't have even been possible at that distance), but fortunately said shot is not required. You don't need a loadout for this, even to do it quickly; a pistol suffices, though another item or two helps with consistency and speed.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I was bemused by the fact that blueberry muffins were non-lethal throws but I just discovered that although they knock people down, they don't knock them out. I feel like there's probably an esoteric use for this somewhere. :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I might have discovered an amazing bug that I will need some volunteers to test: Try shooting at a target too far away to be killed in a single pistol headshot through glass, such as a window. Can you headshot them cleanly, even though it seems like you shouldn't be able to? This may explain the miracle shot I got off while making my last contract.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I feel like knocking somebody out before they finish throwing up rat poison would probably be lethal.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nakar posted:

I might have discovered an amazing bug that I will need some volunteers to test: Try shooting at a target too far away to be killed in a single pistol headshot through glass, such as a window. Can you headshot them cleanly, even though it seems like you shouldn't be able to? This may explain the miracle shot I got off while making my last contract.

Where can this be done?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

double nine posted:

someone else already make a video if you want to see that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGh6l950L_s

surprisingly, Lafayette isn't a complete idiot.

I love how 47 is also really good at it, but he's really good at doing the exact opposite of what a therapist would do. He puts his finger straight on Caruso's nerves and pushes.

Also holy poo poo, the ringtone is Ave Maria, of course. I have... never been close enough to hear it when it's gone off.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
With like eight hours left on the Elusive Target and having gotten Hitmantm 2 during the winter sale, I have a go at him.

Buncha abortive attempts, finally have the approach about right... then a gun I forgot to pick up gets the attention of a patrol and leads them right into my unconscious body stash. :saddowns:

I say gently caress it, pop the dude in the head with my silenced pistol, book it, and nearly lose the mission because apparently you can't hang out at a bus stop waiting for extraction with half a dozen cartel soldiers hot on your trail. For some reason.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Cojawfee posted:

Where can this be done?
The empty room where you could meet The Undying is a good spot, but after testing it myself I don't think it's the glass that's doing it. I just don't know what is doing it, because the range at which you can instant kill with a single headshot seems wildly inconsistent with the Silverballer. I know for a fact the Striker is a guaranteed one-headshot-kill at any range (and I do mean any range), but the Silverballer's not supposed to do that.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This is a tangent, but I was on a long international flight recently and watched all of Killing Eve to pass the time. I wouldn't normally have watched it but really enjoyed it. It really scratched the Hitman itch. It follows an international assassin who is basically a master of disguise and fluent in multiple languages. Great performances, tons of location shooting in Hitmanesque locales, and each assassination scene will probably remind you of a Hitman mission or two.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well poo poo, I was almost too late for The Revolutionary and now I can't restart the mission. Where should I look to find him?

ed: Found the bugger, poisoned his wine. Any way to erase the camera footage?

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Dec 31, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

he randomly spawns in one of 3 locations in the village/fishing village. Look for a bunch of npcs in a small room. One of the locations is the second floor of the building under construction, to the west of the hostel. The Second and third location are the shack near the slope that leads to the little chapel that passes by the statue, and the third is in the fishing village, ground floor near the food stand

double nine fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 31, 2018

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well poo poo, I was almost too late for The Revolutionary and now I can't restart the mission. Where should I look to find him?

ed: Found the bugger, poisoned his wine. Any way to erase the camera footage?

The building that's just up hill from the construction site where you wake up the band member leaning against the drummer has a staircase with a locked iron bar gate, pick it, and in the second level of that shack is the CCTV rack.

e; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbXbZF_KQg&t=136s

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thanks there, got SA and boated off. Never a crime when a fascist dies.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Thanks there, got SA and boated off. Never a crime when a fascist dies.
:gritin:

On Mumbai, is the train kill a reliable way to get suit only kills on Shah and the Maelstrom if you have the Kashmirian kill Rangan, then knock him out and phone Shah? When I tried the train kill (without arranging that meeting) I got a ton of non-target kills but I've seen people saying it's the easiest way to do SASO.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

:gritin:

On Mumbai, is the train kill a reliable way to get suit only kills on Shah and the Maelstrom if you have the Kashmirian kill Rangan, then knock him out and phone Shah? When I tried the train kill (without arranging that meeting) I got a ton of non-target kills but I've seen people saying it's the easiest way to do SASO.

yes, that's by far the easiest way to do SASO on master

it's simple to the point that i wish it wasn't a thing, because it seems like it would be very, very interesting to try and do it normally (e.g. fiber wire or something)

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

where the red fern gropes posted:

it's simple to the point that i wish it wasn't a thing, because it seems like it would be very, very interesting to try and do it normally (e.g. fiber wire or something)
Welp, guess I'm redoing my Mumbai guide. :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

where the red fern gropes posted:

Wait how would you get SA with the train, it wrecks like 5+ non targets at minimum.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Nalesh posted:

Wait how would you get SA with the train, it wrecks like 5+ non targets at minimum.
Apparently not if you mug the Kashmirian and call Shah after Rangan is dead?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nalesh posted:

i guess they must move out of the train's way when they have their meeting, i haven't actually gone inside the train yard to check though. it definitely only kills both of them, and then you also get a prompt to exit via that same train as they die. it rules

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Is there any way to turn off Diana's dialogue? I swear to god I've not heard a single thing anyone has said in Mumbai because she never shuts up.

*Kashmirian shoots Rangan*
*47 picks up a payphone*
47: Miss Shah? The con-
Diana: OH HEY 47 DID YOU KNOW THE KASHMIRIAN JUST SHOT THAT GUY ON YOUR BEHALF THAT IS VERY CLEVER YOU SHOULD NOW CALL SHAH AND TELL HER THE JOB IS DONE HOPE I'M NOT INTERRUPTING ANYTHING TALK SOON

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Oh huh, definitely killing shah like that in the future then. Also speaking of her, how do you get the kashmirian to boop shah?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nalesh posted:

Oh huh, definitely killing shah like that in the future then. Also speaking of her, how do you get the kashmirian to boop shah?
Fix his rifle's scope, then trigger the painting event either of the two ways. There's a really long chain of mission stories guiding you through all that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Wait there's a way to trigger the painting event other than giving him the paint? Or do you mean taking the painters place.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Nalesh posted:

Wait there's a way to trigger the painting event other than giving him the paint? Or do you mean taking the painters place.
Yeah, either put the paint in his kit or murk him and meet Rangan yourself. Then you can either murk the laundry foreman and meet Shah yourself, or find the previous foreman's documents and place them in the foreman's office so he goes to the meeting.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I bought the gold edition so I’m not sure, but the game seemed to end after beating sgail, despite there being a location left after that. Is it just an epilogue sort of thing? Or did they already release a DLC map and I have it?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

man nurse posted:

I bought the gold edition so I’m not sure, but the game seemed to end after beating sgail, despite there being a location left after that. Is it just an epilogue sort of thing? Or did they already release a DLC map and I have it?

That's the setting for The Last Yardbird, the sniper mission. It's a very different game mode and entirely separate from the plot of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

man nurse posted:

That's Himmelstein and it's the Sniper Assassin mode map, which was something they released when the game first went up for pre-order. It's pretty fun but only vaguely and tangentially referenced by the story.