Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's a fan translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

I though AAI2 was never released in English? That's the only one of these I haven't played but would love to if there's some way outside of learning Japanese.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Awesome, thank you!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was lookin' at the credits in the link cuz I like seeing my name in them and man, I forgot ProZD was one of the VAs, that's neat.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Waffleman_ posted:

I was lookin' at the credits in the link cuz I like seeing my name in them and man, I forgot ProZD was one of the VAs, that's neat.

Who does he play?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's been a long rear end time since i played AAI2, but i'm just guessing it's probably Debeste

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
He's gregory edgeworth

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Exercu posted:

He's gregory edgeworth

Really!? What a fantastic choice.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I love ProZD even more now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I though AAI2 was never released in English? That's the only one of these I haven't played but would love to if there's some way outside of learning Japanese.

There's a (supposedly decent) fan translation. I've never played it though.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

It has rough spots but is overall one of the most cohesive and well-done fan translation projects I've seen, behind Mother 3.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I had zero issues with the fan translation myself. It felt very much like an official Capcom translation.

And the game itself is super worth playing.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I constantly forget that none of the names of new characters in that game are canon. Like, if Sebastian DeBeste ever comes up and he's not called DeBeste I will be so confused.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Gluten Freeman posted:

I constantly forget that none of the names of new characters in that game are canon. Like, if Sebastian DeBeste ever comes up and he's not called DeBeste I will be so confused.

This is why I don't want the game to be officially localized, since Capcom would undoubtedly change all the names.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Wow... The Great Ace Attorney really shows that it's a game they designed to be part of a series of games.

I'm playing through it using the fan translation and it's only now in Chapter 4 that the case is divided up into investigations and trials.

(Also because the game keeps showing characters that seem to be major recurring characters off with each chapter so far.)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Did you guys hear that Dusky Bridge caught fire an hour ago and Phoenix Wright fell off of it? I sure hope he's ok

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dusky Bridge...isn't that where that hippie commune is? Wonder why he was there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/lawyerdads/status/1097662580892536834

I'm mad they missed the Miracle Never Happen reference.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/lawyerdads/status/1097662580892536834

I'm mad they missed the Miracle Never Happen reference.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8765-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy

poo poo I'm not even sure how to get some of these

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're very good.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wait the first three games are coming out on PS4?

oh hell yes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

U-DO Burger posted:

wait the first three games are coming out on PS4?

oh hell yes

Yeah, XB1, Switch and PC too

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The idea of having achievements for Phoenix Wright is...strange to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1098235834782883840

The trophy listings seem to suggest mid-March. I feel like if I'm gonna finally rebuy the trilogy, this is probably the version I'm gonna get.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Japanese version of the trilogy has an option for English text, and is out now on psn and eshop.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I grabbed this from the Japanese eshop, and I really don't like the new art. I wish there was a version to change back to the old, even if it would have to be pixelated and letterboxed or something. For those who have played this version before, does the art style ever grow on you?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's extremely just a guy a drawing over sprites so yeah I'm not a huge fan. People who are new to the series are generally fine with it, but I agree with you tbh.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I grabbed this from the Japanese eshop, and I really don't like the new art. I wish there was a version to change back to the old, even if it would have to be pixelated and letterboxed or something. For those who have played this version before, does the art style ever grow on you?

It grew on me somewhat, yes (when I played the 3DS remaster which uses the same art). Many of the later side characters have much better sprites than some of the main characters, sadly, although the backgrounds are actually pretty gorgeous. It's definitely offputting at first, no question.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Only ever played the ds games were those the new art or old?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

Only ever played the ds games were those the new art or old?

Old art.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
DGS Translation patch is out for all the cases.

https://scarletstudy.gq/2019/03/30/3ds-only-full-game-release-android-slightly-delayed/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

3DS hacking is inscrutable to me and Android emulation also seem pretty dicey, so I'm at a crossroads.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Oh poo poo yessss! Gotta download get that final chapter pronto so I have something to look forward to after Kaguya-sama!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

3DS hacking is inscrutable to me and Android emulation also seem pretty dicey, so I'm at a crossroads.

The initial 3DS hacking isn't that difficult nowadays with all the guides that are around (though still can be pretty daunting) but the way they install the patch as a FIRM app you boot into instead of doing it through the 3ds home menu is not what I expected to see.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This is really exciting news but I just know I'd want to dive right in to the sequel as soon as the first game ends, so the wait continues for me.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I'm more curious if it can live up to the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 translation because, hoo boy, did that set a high bar.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Zaa Boogie posted:

I'm more curious if it can live up to the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 translation because, hoo boy, did that set a high bar.

No poo poo. That very well could have been an official localization. Hell, I feel like it was even better than some of the official localizations. (Looking at you "the miracle never happen")

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

That's not the one that was done by the group that did the godawful Fire Emblem Fates fan translation, is it? The people who said they weren't going to localize any of the names.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think given the storyline it makes sense not to localize the names in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most of the game takes place in England so you still could.