Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

pixaal posted:

I'm sure it will be, in MHW-G. Sure they could release G rank as a DLC expansion, but that's now how any past Mon Hun has worked. They are going to release a new game with a bunch of older title content added and G rank, you are going to pay a full $60 again. I'd love for it to be a $20-30 expansion though.

They already announced a G-Rank expansion for World. I forget if they mentioned a price but they definitely called it an expansion, so I would expect the $20-30 price range for it. No mention of Prowler mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What's everyone's favourite demo? I only have one full game (Katamari), so with that, the NSO NES games, and Fortnite (and Warframe sometime), I'm looking for stuff I can play for free or at least try out. Bonus points if it's kid friendly.

My son loves that colouring book game, even if we only have the first two pages, as well as Captain Toad.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Slime-san and Aegis Defenders have demos and are fun little indie games. Puyo Puyo Tetris has a demo with unlimited plays but limited modes and difficulty so you could theoretically play it forever. I played it for a week before I actually bought the game while waiting to get paid

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Kirby and Rayman both have demos, and are definitely kid-friendly.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The N64 stick will inevitably break down regardless of how you handle it, nintendo designed it in the dumbest way possible.
I feel kinda sorry for that thing. One of my N64 controllers' stick will only register 'up' sporadically and the other one still works, but both were really floppy :saddowns:

I still blame Mario Party though, my sis and I both had blisters from those drat minigames

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's everyone's favourite demo? I only have one full game (Katamari), so with that, the NSO NES games, and Fortnite (and Warframe sometime), I'm looking for stuff I can play for free or at least try out. Bonus points if it's kid friendly.

My son loves that colouring book game, even if we only have the first two pages, as well as Captain Toad.

Check out Dragon Quest Builders

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I am partial to the Octopath Traveler Prologue 3-hour demo, if you are at all interested in JRPGs. As a bonus, any progress you make carries over to the full game.

Yoku’s Island is a fun and kid-friendly demo.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
So no announcement about what bottom of the barrel NES games we're getting in January? Did Nintendo figure "eh, enough people play Smash online so we don't even have to offer anything else anymore"?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Merkinman posted:

So no announcement about what bottom of the barrel NES games we're getting in January? Did Nintendo figure "eh, enough people play Smash online so we don't even have to offer anything else anymore"?

They forgot about it

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They forgot about it

Maybe they got the hint that nobody gives a poo poo about NES titles and are frantically trying to get the SNES/GBA/DS library ready to go.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DQ Builders 2 WHEN?!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Word, after a couple days of the free trial, it was hard to lie myself that i could stay hype for pro wrestling. Hope n64 is coming. At least I'll be able to play wave race since aki games are out of the question.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone try GRIS on Switch? I'm going on a trip i two months and if it's an ok version I'll double dip since I own it on PC and loving adore it. Easily my favourite game of the year from an audiovisual standpoint. As a puzzle platformer it does some clever stuff, but it's merely ok. But drat if the presentation and story didn't tear me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtWnBHG6dis

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lodin posted:

Anyone try GRIS on Switch? I'm going on a trip i two months and if it's an ok version I'll double dip since I own it on PC and loving adore it. Easily my favourite game of the year from an audiovisual standpoint. As a puzzle platformer it does some clever stuff, but it's merely ok. But drat if the presentation and story didn't tear me up.

I played through it about 80% on handheld mode. Presentation is still great but I can’t deny it looks much better on a big screen.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So I've weirdly enough never played a Katamari game, and I tried the Katamari demo and it controlls like rear end... Like I just got stuck between 2 objects and couldn't back out for like a good minute. Is that, the intentional part of the game ala octodad? Otherwise it was fun but not sure if it's a fighting-controls-game or it just does a poor job explaining them and they're actually fine once you get used to it?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Lodin posted:

It runs and plays well and is one of my top games of the year. Not sure about it's comparisons to the steam version but it looks amazing.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Xaris posted:

So I've weirdly enough never played a Katamari game, and I tried the Katamari demo and it controlls like rear end... Like I just got stuck between 2 objects and couldn't back out for like a good minute. Is that, the intentional part of the game ala octodad? Otherwise it was fun but not sure if it's a fighting-controls-game or it just does a poor job explaining them and they're actually fine once you get used to it?

It’s a tank control game. Each stick does different things and so control involves moving them independently to manoeuvre both your tiny prince and his giant ball. It’s kind of like Octodad, yeah. The Katamari can be unwieldy and you need to get good at judging what you can pick up and sometimes you lose control down a hill so a lot of the game is managing your momentum and your lopsided rolling ball of glue.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

DQ Builders 2 WHEN?!

It's already out!... in Japan

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Why the gently caress does Lets Go Pikachu not seem to have any autosaving at all?

Game locked up and I had to close out of it. I admit it's my fault that I haven't saved recently, but I had just cleared the Team Rocket hideout and the last save was before I fought Lt. Surge.

What the gently caress!? Not a single autosave between several hours of gameplay on a singleplayer game?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

What's everyone's favourite demo?

The Puyo Puyo Tetris demo is so complete that my girlfriend plays it regularly even though I have two physical copies of the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Protocol7 posted:

Why the gently caress does Lets Go Pikachu not seem to have any autosaving at all?

Game locked up and I had to close out of it. I admit it's my fault that I haven't saved recently, but I had just cleared the Team Rocket hideout and the last save was before I fought Lt. Surge.

What the gently caress!? Not a single autosave between several hours of gameplay on a singleplayer game?

Because people save scum for shinies/legendaries in Pokémon. An option for auto saving would be nice though.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah I think the benefit of auto saving faaaar outweighs the unforgivable criminality of people creatively acquiring shiny/holographic video game thingies

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Games can have a slot for autosaves and a slot for manual saves so that’s kind of a weird trade off to pretend to have to make.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So of everything that's sitting in my backlog, Romancing Saga 2 hooked me to beat over winter break. I'm glad they kept the characters pixelated rather than those FF IOS abominations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fallom posted:

Games can have a slot for autosaves and a slot for manual saves so that’s kind of a weird trade off to pretend to have to make.

Yeah you dont use auto saves outside of gently caress ups, you definitely wouldn’t use them for save scumming. That’s literally what normal saves are for

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

DQ Builders 2 WHEN?!

End of 2019 for an English translation at the earliest. :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

doingitwrong posted:

It’s a tank control game. Each stick does different things and so control involves moving them independently to manoeuvre both your tiny prince and his giant ball. It’s kind of like Octodad, yeah. The Katamari can be unwieldy and you need to get good at judging what you can pick up and sometimes you lose control down a hill so a lot of the game is managing your momentum and your lopsided rolling ball of glue.

I wouldn't say each stick does different things... The controls are more like certain bumper cars, like the rounded kinds with two sticks for controlling. Imagine each stick on the controller is one of your arms pushing that side of the Katamari. Pulling the stick back/down means you'd be grabbing the Katamari and pulling it towards yourself.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Silver Falcon posted:

They already announced a G-Rank expansion for World. I forget if they mentioned a price but they definitely called it an expansion, so I would expect the $20-30 price range for it. No mention of Prowler mode.

I'd honestly expect $40 - the Ultimate/G versions of the games have always had entire new armor sets for every monster and several new monsters, they're honestly pretty beefy updates.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Klisejo posted:

So of everything that's sitting in my backlog, Romancing Saga 2 hooked me to beat over winter break. I'm glad they kept the characters pixelated rather than those FF IOS abominations.

Yeah, for whatever reason the SaGa games actually got good remakes from Square-Enix as opposed to those nightmare iOS versions or those tacky Mana remakes. They recently showed off the remake of 3 and it looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXT0QjiIitU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBzhlzXLuI

It probably helps that the people who made the old SaGa games still work at Square and are doing these remakes rather than being farmed out to some remaster company.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Protocol7 posted:

Has any mainline Pokemon game ever had autosaving? I always save after pretty much every town, gym, building/cave, etc. precisely because that's the way it's worked in Pokemon forever.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, for whatever reason the SaGa games actually got good remakes from Square-Enix as opposed to those nightmare iOS versions or those tacky Mana remakes. They recently showed off the remake of 3 and it looks great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXT0QjiIitU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBzhlzXLuI

It probably helps that the people who made the old SaGa games still work at Square and are doing these remakes rather than being farmed out to some remaster company.
I looked at the one on the eshop (2?) and I just can't get over the new art

the tilesets, effects and menus look so soulless like something straight out of rpgmaker compared to the beautiful pixel art of the originals. At least they didn't butcher the characters like in those FF remakes though :confuoot:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I hope SaGa Scarlet Grace comes out here

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Heath posted:

I hope SaGa Scarlet Grace comes out here

It is.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

KingSlime posted:

Yeah I think the benefit of auto saving faaaar outweighs the unforgivable criminality of people creatively acquiring shiny/holographic video game thingies

hard disagree

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Y’all know autosaves don’t override your regular saves right

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Lodin posted:

Thought it was excellent, though I mostly played docked the little I did play in handheld was totally fine.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is it

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Y’all know autosaves don’t override your regular saves right

It's like they never played Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey, both do autosaves and hard saves, and both are for this very console!

I'm guessing because it's never been in any pokemon game, they just didn't think to include autosave. There is no trade-off the devs overlooked it and it should probably be in a game, especially one with a primary audience of kids, which is the exact group this side game is primarily targeting.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

1 autosave slot and 2-3 manual save slots, but if you ever load from a manual save your character permanently has a dunce cap that's visible to other players online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Important lore

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1079866092535930880