Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/HARATAKE/status/1079776787876458499

artist got her, btw

'i'm going on a diet this month,' sadlol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo wow that's the first time in a good while I've woken up and seen a new event without any announcement beforehand.

Also holy poo poo, best servant Tamamo got a buff, and it's a good buff? This is basically a straight up upgrade to all arts teams.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Shiny777 posted:

Saber: Arturia/Mordred/Alter
Lancer: Larturia/Karna/Enkidu
Archer: Orion/Tesla/Arjuna
Caster: Waver/Tamamo/Sanzang
Rider: Medb/Drake/Ozy/Quetz
Berserker: Vlad/Cu Alter/Nightingale
Assassin/Exta: Jack/Jeanne

You'd think this would be a no-brainer because the Assassin banner is the only one I don't have anyone on, but I just don't like anything about vanilla Jeanne. She's boring as a character, I'm sick of her design, and every time I pick her as a support servant I end up disappointed. But every other banner has a risk of dupes.

When does the GSSR banner go up, and how long does it last? I need to know how long I have to agonize about this.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm glad to know my Fionn will be better in two years.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Exia posted:

Fionn: Trouble with Women - Additional NP gauge charge to himself (and -3 turns cooldown)

This is the first time they've changed a skill's cooldown right?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
No, they lowered Kiara's 1st skill CD when they strengthened it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

TheFireMagi posted:

No, they lowered Kiara's 1st skill CD when they strengthened it.

Oh. Still very nice and makes that skill a lot more usable.

Here's hoping Helena gets something.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The best parts of the Riyo anime were probably Altera in general and then Tama as Jack's caring babysitter. Directly adapting the Learning with Manga strips was probably not the ideal choice, but it made for some cute funny bits.

also why is the new saber a chicken

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cute good fox wife is even better.
in two years

How far out for us is that animation update she gets?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Aw, drat it. Not only is my New Years 5* a dupe, it's the exact same servant as last year's!

I mean, I'm glad Swimsuit Nero is NP2 now, I use her a lot, but I was expecting more.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

The best parts of the Riyo anime were probably Altera in general and then Tama as Jack's caring babysitter. Directly adapting the Learning with Manga strips was probably not the ideal choice, but it made for some cute funny bits.

also why is the new saber a chicken

She’s a sparrow, from this folk story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shita-kiri_Suzume

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
She better be voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's misaki kuno, even better

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, she is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHwAbq0V04

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Terper posted:

Thank you for your support through these trying times, everyone. I will persevere despite all my new magical cocks.

The rest of the Servants have already gotten used to him and treat him as a wizard of his stature deserves.

'Jalter, would you kindly get your flag out of my f--' 'NO.'

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I got the Bird Saber, she is very cute and very good, 10/10

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright yeah sure, whatever I'll take illya i guess

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Anyone know what Birbsaber's NP does?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rorahusky posted:

Anyone know what Birbsaber's NP does?

Single target Arts NP that applies bonus damage buffs to Chaotic and Evil enemies.

They're separate buffs and occur pre-np.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ST Arts NP, does extra damage to chaotic servants and evil servants, both proc separately

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They're Jack-type buffs so they apply to the rest of the chain.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you need someone to kill Liz, Ereshkigal, Summer Kiyo or Summer Iba hard then she's your girl I guess

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

How often is Quetz on rate-up? I'd really like her, but the Merlin/Musashi/Gramps fund can probably only stretch so far... I guess I could pull on the GSSR Rider banner instead, I have none of them.
(final Singularity spoilers)

Vengarr posted:

I also remember someone (Mash?) mentioning that the Doctor had an ex-wife. Yeah, I'd say he had a few...
IIRC she thinks he was married because she saw him wearing a ring - so even more foreshadowing for the ring reveal

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://grandorder.wiki/Quetzalcoatl/Campaigns

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Man, Kojiro is gonna be so stoked to meet this new Servant.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Rorahusky posted:

'Jalter, would you kindly get your flag out of my f--' 'NO.'

JAlter maybe a corrupted Holy Women, but she still has SOME moral standards

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

This feature seems like a no brainer but I hadn't thought to look for it beforehand, thanks. Seems like this banner is basically the best shot I'm ever gonna get, huh? Everything else is shared. Bleh.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Terper posted:

Thank you for your support through these trying times, everyone. I will persevere despite all my new magical cocks.

The rest of the Servants have already gotten used to him and treat him as a wizard of his stature deserves.

:hai: excellent, this is a peak performance team

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

This feature seems like a no brainer but I hadn't thought to look for it beforehand, thanks. Seems like this banner is basically the best shot I'm ever gonna get, huh? Everything else is shared. Bleh.

stuff that's "shared" should generally have rotating rate-ups for the 5* so it's not any worse than this current banner

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i won't need any of those future banners because she'll be my gssr tonight

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The impression I've gotten from the JP side of things today is that the New Years stuff just happens with little notice actually posted, is that typically accurate?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Oh Snapple! posted:

The impression I've gotten from the JP side of things today is that the New Years stuff just happens with little notice actually posted, is that typically accurate?

we had a New Years stream today that was 2 hours of Heaven's Feel -> Waver Case Files animated preview -> Animated Riyo shorts -> hi quick interview here, new event in 40 minutes that needs the latest story chapter completed okay bye

so, yes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the disgaea artist can do moe poo poo as well, so yeah. she's cute. Maybe even Hokusai tier.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
My NP5 Fionn Bond 10 Fionn, finally it's his time....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:siren: IMPORTANT VIDEO :siren:

https://streamable.com/sq0py

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shiny777 posted:

Saber: Arturia/Mordred/Alter
Lancer: Larturia/Karna/Enkidu
Archer: Orion/Tesla/Arjuna
Caster: Waver/Tamamo/Sanzang
Rider: Medb/Drake/Ozy/Quetz
Berserker: Vlad/Cu Alter/Nightingale
Assassin/Exta: Jack/Jeanne

Having a tough time deciding on this myself. My only 5* are Altera, Amakusa, Iskandar, Drake, and Ozy.

Despite that I almost feel like pulling Rider because Drake and Ozy have carried me through tons of stuff (especially Soloman) and I would love NP2 on either of them, and Quetz would be awesome as well. Medb is the only one that seems like a real dud as I don't think I'd have anything at all for her to do.

Caster seems like a good choice I guess since I have some solid Arts/Caster stuff already and having my own Waver/Tamamo would help a lot. Sanzang though I just have no idea what I'd do with, single target NP and high attack is pretty obvious, but it's a Buster NP so ... ehhhh. Plus I typically just run my swole Nursery and clobber with crits if I need single target caster damage, I guess more options are never a bad thing though.

Only other one that looks particularly appealing would maybe be Archer since Tesla is cool and Orion is funny. But I've never really found myself having issues with lack of Archers due to any combo of Chloe, Robin, Nobu, Atalante, and Tristan, they just seem to get everything done as is.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Someone link subbed riyo shorts tia

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think I'm forced to roll saber cause I don't really have a good wave-clear in that class besides altera.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm torn.

Should I risk a Waver dupe to try and get Tamamo or Sanzang, or should I roll Saber because I don't have any dupes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

I think I'm forced to roll saber cause I don't really have a good wave-clear in that class besides altera.

I mean you're not gonna get better on that banner.