Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Mental illness is a helluva drug. Didn't he register here once to yell in the yospos templeOS thread or was that just a troll account?

According to the video, that was him but pre Temple branding.

Also the comment they showed was gas-chambered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Wasabi the J posted:

BTW I want to reiterate dude was that special brand of mentally ill racist where his screeds about computer programming suddenly turn to shouting the n word.

That seemed to arrive once his schizophrenia worsened. Is that a possible development of paranoid type schizophrenia?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inspector Gesicht posted:

An excellent video about Terry Davis, the creator of a home-made Operating System called TempleOS. Davis was a fundamentalist who believed he could speak with God through his OS. He was also schizophrenic and frequent to racist-outbursts. Due warning as the subject-matter is intense, close-to-home, and very tragic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCgoxQCf5Jg

Isn't that the guy who was the source of the joke about the computer program where every variable was a variant on the N-bomb?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pvt.Scott posted:

That seemed to arrive once his schizophrenia worsened. Is that a possible development of paranoid type schizophrenia?

Coprolalia is a hallmark of severe mental illness, yes.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

An excellent video about Terry Davis, the creator of a home-made Operating System called TempleOS. Davis was a fundamentalist who believed he could speak with God through his OS. He was also schizophrenic and frequent to racist-outbursts. Due warning as the subject-matter is intense, close-to-home, and very tragic.

Thanks for that.

Such a sad tale though. So many failures in society to have a man in such need of help getting driven further from what ever chance there actually was of it happening.

Probably shouldn't have watched that for Cheesemas though.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

I'd heard of TempleOS before, what a sad ending to this story :smith:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

An excellent video about Terry Davis, the creator of a home-made Operating System called TempleOS.

Of course KF and 4chan obsessed over him, the creeps.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

According to the video, that was him but pre Temple branding.

Also the comment they showed was gas-chambered.

You know, maybe it's time we came up with another verb for that...

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Once there was a scary ghost that threatened all the land... his name was spoop0r, the spoopy ghost. Spoop0r was killed by a magic spell one day only to return... or did he?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Once there was a scary ghost that threatened all the land... his name was spoop0r, the spoopy ghost. Spoop0r was killed by a magic spell one day only to return... or did he?

Jesus dude this is the unnerving article thread not the pantshittingly scary story thread

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

ol yeller posted:

a frightful tale

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ol yeller posted:

:eek:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ol yeller posted:

magic isnt scary. i never pooped my diapy reading harry potter

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

Ooooh looks like we got a edgelord

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

scary ghost dog posted:

Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy! Drained dry! I’m so sorry. Here: if you have a diapy, and I have a diapy, and I have a straw — There it is. That's a straw, see? Watch it. — my straw reaches across the room, and starts to poop your diapy, I poop it up

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ol yeller posted:

Are we in gbs because I just poo poo my pants

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Thread, I got a request. Last summer I was reading these badass, really long articles you guys linked here about people solving weird murders like that serial killer who got caught after drowning three women on his boat or the lonely hotel dude whose internal organs exploded and no one knew why. Any more like these? I got a 3 week old kid, don't sleep much and need something to read at 3.30 AM.

Don't judge me.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Terminally Bored posted:

the lonely hotel dude whose internal organs exploded and no one knew why.

:stare:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I don't have the link but for the resolution
a stray bullet went through him but it was at a really weird spot and angle because it came through the neighboring room's wall

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it entered through his scrotum but no one noticed during the autopsy because touching balls is gay and you might catch gay from dead balls.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah it entered through his scrotum but no one noticed during the autopsy because touching balls is gay and you might catch gay from dead balls.

iirc it was also a virtually invisible point of entry because the skin had kinda folded back over it and there was no exit wound

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think that is a more likely reason than pathologists not wanting to catch cooties

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Thanks for making me google "hotel scrotum shooting," thread!

This may have been the article that appeared here way back, but here it is again if you want to revisit it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Terminally Bored posted:

Thread, I got a request. Last summer I was reading these badass, really long articles you guys linked here about people solving weird murders like that serial killer who got caught after drowning three women on his boat or the lonely hotel dude whose internal organs exploded and no one knew why. Any more like these? I got a 3 week old kid, don't sleep much and need something to read at 3.30 AM.

Don't judge me.

https://longform.org/sections/crime Is your best source for unnerving articles. I'm not up for creeping myself out so I won't trawl through them, but there's usually something awful in there

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Pick posted:

I'm pretty sure people who have had to deal with corpses that have been rotting for weeks and other extremely nasty corpse situations, wouldn't be bothered by such a thing. I don't know why in the world you would think that is the reason.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm pretty sure people who have had to deal with corpses that have been rotting for weeks and other extremely nasty corpse situations, wouldn't be bothered by such a thing. I don't know why in the world you would think that is the reason.

Because I know people and I know that they're stupider and more fretful than they are professional.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Pick posted:

Because I know people and I know that they're stupider and more fretful than they are professional.

If you read the article, they examined his scrotum pretty intensely from the offset due to the unexplained bruising, which makes this a really weird hill to die on.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hauki posted:

If you read the article, they examined his scrotum pretty intensely from the offset due to the unexplained bruising, which makes this a really weird hill to die on.

Forget it, Jake. It’s Pick.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hauki posted:

I know we just did one but

PYF unnerving article or story: they examined his scrotum pretty intensely

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

christmas boots posted:

I know we just did one but

PYF unnerving article or story: they examined his scrotum pretty intensely

*strides into exam room, alarmed*

Whoa whoa, GUYS! Guys! Back up off it a little bit!

Jeesh! I mean...

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://longform.org/sections/crime Is your best source for unnerving articles. I'm not up for creeping myself out so I won't trawl through them, but there's usually something awful in there

There’s also a PYF Longform article thread right here on SA.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Talk about unnerving: the Casefile dude named Adam Sandler films as his favourite comedies

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Talk about unnerving: the Casefile dude named Adam Sandler films as his favourite comedies

Well yeah, obviously if you can do a show like Casefile you're not totally right in the head.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Imagine liking movies which even the company that creates them has leaked internal e-mails of people asking "who the gently caress wants this poo poo"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

BattleMaster posted:

Imagine liking movies which even the company that creates them has leaked internal e-mails of people asking "who the gently caress wants this poo poo"

Wait what

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://gawker.com/sony-hack-reveals-25-page-list-of-reasons-it-sucks-to-w-1666264634

quote:

Be more focussed and ruthless in directing our resources to businesses that will sustain the long term health of SPE - networks, broadcast TV shows, new movie franchises, digital distibution By the same token, stop or reduce support for areas that have no more value (Sandler movies, DVD)

quote:

There is a general "blah-ness" to the films we produce. Althought we manage to produce an innovative film once in awhile, Social Network, Moneyball, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, we continue to be saddled with the mundane, formulaic Adam Sandler films. Let's raise the bar a little on the films we produce, and inspire employees that they are working on the next Social Network. That said, there's a strange dichotomy of encouraging us to be fiscally responsible, but then upper management allows certain talent and filmmakers to bleed us dry with their outlandish requests for private jets, wardrobe and grooming stylists - and are surprised when they are asked to work more than 5 hours to promote their film.

quote:

In TV and Theatrical, I hope management looks closely at the money spent on development and term deals to ensure efficiency. There are a lot of term deal personnel as well as creative personnel, yet we only release a dozen or so Columbia Pictures a year, for example. And will we still be paying for Adam Sandler? Why?

emphasis mine and also lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Forget it, Jake. It’s Pick.

There’s a way somebody’s gay in every situation and by Jove she’ll find it

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The widow in the Texas hotel case found out about the detective through an earlier piece written about him: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2010/12/vanishing-blonde-201012

Skip Hollandsworth's pieces for Texas Monthly are worth reading, even the non-crime ones. https://www.texasmonthly.com/tag/skip-hollandsworth/

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Thanks for making me google "hotel scrotum shooting," thread!

This may have been the article that appeared here way back, but here it is again if you want to revisit it.

Just lol if you haven't heard of the hotel scrotum shooting story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

quote:

Are you aware that Men In Black 3 may gross $600M at the box office, and yet will lose money for SPE?

wtf