Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I tell ya, there's nothing more World War 1 than that brief period where things were going well and if you scrambled to put together a peace deal it could've been a more amicable end, but nobody wants a white peace to end a Great War.

Now you've traded fascist Ibriz for fascist France. Ireland is ruined for good, Benin has been kicked in the nuts, and Germany isn't doing too well. The Russian empire is pretty threatening, Morocco has had its lifespan extended, and France is spreading across the world. Maybe they'll get bogged down trying to contain the Balkans or there'll be some worthwhile independence movements. Ideally the old alliance won't be able to sustain itself, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Overall democracy's not doing well in this world, and it might be just going to steadily fade into the night. I think New England and Russia are at least constitutional monarchies, but Morocco's still an absolute monarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Our balkan comrades made it through, surely they'd be fine heping us rebuild

Surely

surely

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Seriously, how does this even happen? :psyduck:

Probably attacked into an entrenched position, the attacking army only has one unit of cavalry, so their recon is poo poo.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Well then, that went better for us than expected!

I mean yeah, the rest of the entire world just turned into a cratering hellscape, but we came out fine.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Super Jay Mann posted:

Well then, that went better for us than expected!

I mean yeah, the rest of the entire world just turned into a cratering hellscape, but we came out fine.

we went full Stalinist

e: We also spent the last decade serving as the world's principal battleground and getting our major cities gassed.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 31, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

we went full Stalinist

With all the militancy from the stab hit peace offers and losing the war I'm sure there's going to be an opportunity for reform or other means to oust Mazin in our future.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Peace in our time :toot:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like that the Coalition agreed to terms that didn't include anything related to the original justification for the war in favor of completely dismantling everyone other than us.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
“How about the CRUEL Monarchy heh heh!” highfives in Andalusian

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
I forsee an Armageddon conclusion.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Hashim posted:

Speaking of, I'm still not sure what name to go for with a fascist Dual Monarchy.

United Kingdom of Great Brittany? :imunfunny:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

North Ibriz looks like a suitable home for exiled Majlisi, at least

And maybe something like the Atlantic Dominion for France?

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Hashim posted:

I don't think they'd be French supremacists per se, not when they want to properly integrate England into their realm, so they'd probably call for a brotherhood between French and English in their propaganda whilst appointing Frenchmen to most important government posts.

Speaking of, I'm still not sure what name to go for with a fascist Dual Monarchy. They're called Union of the Channel right now, but I feel like there's too many "unions" already, so I might change it to the Diarchy, or the United State or something along those lines.

Gallic Empire? Got that nice Roman bling, and the historical Gallic Empire included what's now England.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Make Franglaterre official :colbert:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hey, at least Al Andalus is still in one piece. I mean, the world is in shambles, but we are ok :smug:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I forget the ancient history of this lp, did we start before 1066? was there a Norman invasion? because if the cross channel connection got kept up, I bet the two cultures are much more similar here than irl so it might not be worth defining a difference

otoh there was that relatively long lived separatist thing in York back when the Celts could win wars sometimes, and the fake USA is presumably keeping English culture alive but maybe has diverged?

either way, I assume you're keeping Axis around for when some fascists ally but I could imagine a Mussolini figure saying something like 'the French Channel is the axis upon which the world turns' or whatever. hence these suggestions: Channel Axis, Axis of the Channel

also you should put in some events to build a Chunnel way early, I bet that'd be an attractive idea to fascists holding both sides

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

william won his war for england and served as king of england for a few months before being overthrown by harold of norway. norway maintained hegemony over england until a vassal revolt forced them out around ~1150.

iirc, the anglo-saxons ruled england until about 1444 when ireland starting carving increasingly large chunks out of it. by 1600 england was reduced to london and the surrounding countryside.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Welp, on to world war 2.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Dance Officer posted:

Welp, on to world war 2.

and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Any chance of us securing an alliance with Russia?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whelp. Ain't no accounting for Super Russians. We did the best we could.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

I'm guessing that "-ania" in the bottom left is Occitania, from a successful separatist revolt? Maybe we'll see Franglehitler pull a Frangschluss on Occ, Provence, and Liege, assuming Occ isn't just immediately re-annexed.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Flavius Aetass posted:

Any chance of us securing an alliance with Russia?

Doubtful. They have the Balkan Federation knocking on their door, so they're not very accepting of communists at the moment. Diplomacy-wise, the only good thing to come out of this war is that Russia is now opposed to France, but then again that might just make them drift closer to Morocco, absolutism and all.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hiveminded posted:

I'm guessing that "-ania" in the bottom left is Occitania, from a successful separatist revolt? Maybe we'll see Franglehitler pull a Frangschluss on Occ, Provence, and Liege, assuming Occ isn't just immediately re-annexed.

Yeah, Provence pretty much collapsed after getting repeatedly occupied by us and Germany. They lost their eastern territories to Italian nationalists and their western territories to Occitania, so they're now a rump state despite being on the winning side of the war.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Hmm what to name a Liberal Monarchy descending into Fascism consisting of the French and English...

How about the Federated Suns?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The key point is liberal monarchy. Pre-crisis Frangleterre was arguably the most progressive place in the world.

Therefore obviously this is the sons of liberty.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...Berlin is now a city in the westernmost part of Russia. Wow.

Is the minor south of Vienna Slovenia?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Jack2142 posted:

Hmm what to name a Liberal Monarchy descending into Fascism consisting of the French and English...

How about the Federated Suns?

Gaulitannia

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Anyway, at 23 we're almost out of video game, unless Hashim's going to really be the madman who does HoI. So let's hear it for Al-Andalus

Such as it is

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
hey our goal when we started was a united iberian peninsula that could beat back any french invasion

so by that metric we've succeeded sort of....?

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Rodyle posted:

Anyway, at 23 we're almost out of video game, unless Hashim's going to really be the madman who does HoI. So let's hear it for Al-Andalus

Such as it is

Actually, now that every progressive liberal nation has been obliterated by war and the Balkans are bound for a miserable cold conflict with Russia, I think Al-Andalus might be the best place to live in Europe again.

Sure, it's only by default, but that still counts!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Happy new year!

This world loving sucks. =(

Skye Robot
Dec 21, 2018

I'm just a tankie. Nobody loves me...

He's just a tankie. From an inbred family!
Not surprisingly, goons have ruined liberal Al Andalus, Frangleterre and to a lesser extent Germany and semi-constitutional Benin, in exchange for northern Ibriz becoming a pseudo-liberal puppet state of New England.

Avalonne sounds like a good long-term name for Paris to flatter the English, with the complete conquest of southern Britain and the final destruction of the Celtic Union there'll probably be an increased revisionist effort to push new and old cultural myths, some of them even building on the myths of the nation they destroyed. Most notably they'll probably use the Welsh as a punching bag for the English to promote French-English unity, even pushing for limited French and English migration into Welsh cities, while implementing anti-rural policies.

QuoProQuid posted:

Congrats, all! We defended the revolution and the only cost was annihilating our allies and putting half the globe under the thrall of absolutism and fascism.

This was very much the sequel to "rip the country apart politically to cause a civil war to become totalitarian revolutionaries," because they wanted the blood.

Absolute monarchy Russia, Morocco, fascist Frangleterre and stalinist Iberia dominating two and a half continents is extremely :smith:, but it's nice to see that even with the twin superpowers of player-directed armies against the AI, and a Vicky economy, goons still can't help but make things worse. :)

Skye Robot fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 1, 2019

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
It's important to note that all it took for the Dual Monarchy to go fascist was for them to start losing a war, and that it was made fascist by the people, not the government. I imagine if you looked at the pops they were already on the cusp of going that way, and this war pushed them over the edge.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

p hosed up that the papal states, a country that still inexplicably exists, is probably one of the most democratic, stable, and prosperous countries in europe

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

jesus christ russia

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I decided to poke through the LP's past, and it looks like Normans DID conquer England. Very, very briefly, before the Norwegians took the pot.

Hashim posted:

Further north, meanwhile, the crisis in England climaxed when King Harold was cut down by the Norwegian King in the Battle of Stamford Bridge. His army was quickly decimated upon the death of their king and commander, leaving the path to London wide open for King Harald.

Whilst the Anglo-Saxons were busy battling against the Norwegians, however, William the Bastard was able to defeat a small diversionary force, before leading his army into Westminster Abbey and crowning himself King of England.

Harald, understandably, was having none of it, especially since it had been him who had defeated the Anglo-Saxons. He pushed south on a forced march and decisively defeated the Bastard King's army in another decisive battle, before going on to burn and sack London itself.

And with that, after almost two years of bloody war, Harald Hardrada emerged from the three-way conflict for England as the sole victor.

The Gallic Empire somebody mentioned lasted for a grand total of 14 years/ I also found this weird screenshot with some "Albion" state right next to France back in 1333. Not sure what to make of that.

Personally, I feel like whatever fascist Frangland wants to make its ideological centerpiece should be about as solid as what the Nazis put together, so the more poorly thought out and based on flimsy nonsense, the better. I can just imagine them putting together some kind of dumb bullshit like the the Nazi theories on an ancient world-spanning Aryan empire from which they sprung.

I suppose they'd be in general expansionist, but all I can think of specifically is maybe they'd want to reintegrate Occitanians into their state, which'd mean Provence and Crusader Egypt.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 1, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Patter Song posted:

So...Berlin is now a city in the westernmost part of Russia. Wow.

Is the minor south of Vienna Slovenia?

Yeah, they got released from the SGU way back when, and they've been doing their own thing since then. They border the Balkan Fed now though, so it's gonna get a lot dicier for them pretty soon.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I suppose they'd be in general expansionist, but all I can think of specifically is maybe they'd want to reintegrate Occitanians into their state, which'd mean Provence and Crusader Egypt.

I,d say they would be big on a philosophy of "Wherever a French centered nation has held land is rightfully ours". So maybe something like this.

Plus their holding in England and maybe Egypt like you said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'd say they might start with the Charlemagne borders, add everything the French north of the Channel have been up to including lots of North America, and then add some more too

they'll be coming for catalunya, our first treaty violation needs to be rebuilding the Pyrenees fortresses