Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

Persona is Shin Megami Tensei for babies awkward teenagers(?)

Only 3/4/5!

Persona 1/2 are pretty much just SMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

Who is some vital classic character from nintendo that's a better add than Joker? :confused:

Persona started in 1994.

not just nintendo. there are a whole bunch of better known characters: waluigi, tingle, sonic, tails, knuckles, robotnik, birdo, solaire, artorias (now that dark souls is on a nintendo), the alien guy from mario land, the dude from body harvest, james bond etc etc

and fire emblem is old too but nobody in the states knew about it until the boys appeared in melee.

Spudd posted:

Doom2016 was ported onto the Switch so I think that qualifies the Doom Slayer to be on at this point, also he should be into HotS as well and his passive is adding gibs and turbo gore onto every character in a massive radius around him.

my preference would be for doomguy.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 31, 2018

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Doom2016 was ported onto the Switch so I think that qualifies the Doom Slayer to be on at this point, also he should be into HotS as well and his passive is adding gibs and turbo gore onto every character in a massive radius around him.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Doom guy should be able to insta kill wounded demon characters

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Cuntellectual posted:

Only 3/4/5!

Persona 1/2 are pretty much just SMT.

Coincidentally, wasn't 3 the first one that blew up in popularity internationally?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Reminder that starcraft 64 is a thing that exists and so technically Jim "Jimmy" Raynor could be added to Smash.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
add lost vikings to smash

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
same control scheme too, not like ez-mode ice climbers

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah and if any viking dies you lose a stock

hard moade

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Heroes of the Storm 3.0: Super Smashed in the butt by Activision

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

As much as the Murky meme is overplayed to death, Murky actually strikes me as a legit Smash character choice.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Reminder that starcraft 64 is a thing that exists and so technically Jim "Jimmy" Raynor could be added to Smash.

Being on a Nintendo console is not a requirement to be in Smash. Sakurai's only rule is that the character has to be from a video game franchise (ie no manga character will ever be in Smash).

For instance, Goku has been in video games, but Dragon Ball is a manga series, not a video game series, so he's never gonna be in Smash.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

As much as the Murky meme is overplayed to death, Murky actually strikes me as a legit Smash character choice.

this could kinda own

If he has a nest down he doesnt lose a stock on death

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Diablo could just be a skin for Bowser, or they add in Bowsette and add D3iablo to that.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
There was some interview awhile back about Blizzard wanting Diablo in Smash. At the time I thought that was crazy but with how hard they pushed Diablo 3 on Switch I could see it happening now.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Super hard sell to the parents.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

ToastyPotato posted:

Coincidentally, wasn't 3 the first one that blew up in popularity internationally?

I'd say yes, because the west got a butchered version of Persona 1 and, for some reason, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, which was the second of the two Persona 2 games, skipping Innocent Sin altogether. Both did okay enough for Atlus to bring over Persona 3 I guess.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Yeah I don't see them putting Diablo in Smash any time soon. I could see one of the angels though. However, realistically, you'd much more likely get an Overwatch character in Smash, than any other Blizzard IP if it were to happen. With Warcraft probably coming in second.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ToastyPotato posted:

If HOTS was the biggest deal out of the Blizzard franchises, I could absolutely see Murky being the Smash choice.

As it stands right now, it's gonna be Tracer

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy new year, friends. Here's to hoping HOTS doesn't die. :unsmith:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Yup, though P1 and P2's releases in the west were plagued with issues anyways.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I unironically could see Tracer appearing in Smash, ready to annoy a whole new audience. :v:

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah I don't see them putting Diablo in Smash any time soon. I could see one of the angels though. However, realistically, you'd much more likely get an Overwatch character in Smash, than any other Blizzard IP if it were to happen. With Warcraft probably coming in second.

I had a weird dream where Malthael was in Smash because of how hard they pushed "Reaper of Souls, now on the Switch!" for a little bit.

Think of the trailer. Mario standing there, when a voice comes from the dark:

"Neeeepphhhellliiim....."

And Malthael comes out with a pair of bunny ears, firing a banana gun.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Bayonetta has a move where she stomps on her opponent's balls and another where she shakes her rear end at the camera while doing a handstand.

I don't think Nintendo cares that much about the parents when it comes to Smash DLC.

There's also Palutena's stripper poll taunt. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 1, 2019

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Nintendo has a history of being super avoidant of anything religious. Well Nintendo of America specifically I suppose.

Also, re: your dreamed trailer, they should have Luigi get his soul stole again just for laughs.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't think Nintendo avoiding "religious" stuff would really be an issue, they included Bayonetta's stage that has tons of appearances of the various angels and the general Bayonetta religious imagery. I think Diablo is just not that big of a deal to enough people to have a rep from that game. If Blizzard gets a rep, it'll be Tracer despite not being on the system. Thrall and Diablo and Murky and uh.. Kerrigan? will have to watch from the sidelines.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Nintendo has a history of being super avoidant of anything religious. Well Nintendo of America specifically I suppose.

Also, re: your dreamed trailer, they should have Luigi get his soul stole again just for laughs.

They finally started to refer to Simon/Richter's subweapons as holy water and crosses instead of fire water and boomerangs! :v:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nintendo of America seems to be less and less restrictive about religious stuff over the years. Hell, back when Shin Megami Tensei IV was first released in the US, Nintendo had a promotion where registering both it and Fire Emblem Awakening gave you $30 eShop credit. It was weird seeing them promote a game where you recruit demons to fight God and one of the demons looks like a penis.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So thought I'd go into an all AI game to practice Kelthuzad.

Oh boy.

Lost real bad when all my AI teammates got dunked over and over 4 v 2 against Lucio + Junkrat :psyduck:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Nintendo of America seems to be less and less restrictive about religious stuff over the years. Hell, back when Shin Megami Tensei IV was first released in the US, Nintendo had a promotion where registering both it and Fire Emblem Awakening gave you $30 eShop credit. It was weird seeing them promote a game where you recruit demons to fight God and one of the demons looks like a penis.

We’ve come a long way from the company that turned the blood into “sweat” in Mortal Kombat.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So thought I'd go into an all AI game to practice Kelthuzad.

Oh boy.

Lost real bad when all my AI teammates got dunked over and over 4 v 2 against Lucio + Junkrat :psyduck:

It's actually easier to just queue coop vs ai. AI team mates can flat out just throw sometimes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

It's actually easier to just queue coop vs ai. AI team mates can flat out just throw sometimes.

Yeah I was worried everyone would just kill the AIs too fast!

edit: lol oh boy have had 2 raging murkys in 2 games. Apparently one can "stall" the objective on Alterac somehow, 1 v 4, while Naz is throwing toads/frogs and also there's a Diablo within charge distance.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 1, 2019

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
AI teammates vs AI only exist to ping them all to yourself and push straight through mid to the core.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I think the Nintendo religious floodgates opened with the Binding of Isaac port.

I think blizzard needs a new IP or comedy option get some Diablo: Immortal "characters" in there. Maybe a goblin or something?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Illidan would make a pretty good smash character

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Li-Ming remains my top choice as Diablo mascot.

And, really, the real boon to Diablo in Smash would be the Tristram stage. The soundtrack to that game is already ridiculous, adding in Tristram would just be the cherry on top.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

The perfect hypothetical Blizzard representative for a Smash character is Junkrat.

Not a joke.

- Manic, comedic tone
- No realistic firearms, only traps and explosives
- Concussion Mine weapon can be used offensively to launch enemies, or defensively to propel the player higher than they can normally jump
- Controllable "Ultimate" ability that deals deadly area damage to enemies caught in the radius

The moveset designs itself really.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Please get Covetous Shen in smash.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Put a smash mode in HotS as a brawl. Make a map with edges that kill you, and change health to smash's percent health system where you get knocked back more. Make it a FFA with a limited roster, adding knockback effects to some abilities.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

ToxicToast posted:

There was some interview awhile back about Blizzard wanting Diablo in Smash. At the time I thought that was crazy but with how hard they pushed Diablo 3 on Switch I could see it happening now.

Diablo would just be an echo character for Bowser.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1080524121811804160

abilities look neat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The abilities look very nice. The sort of abilities I'd hoped we'd see instead of what we got on the genjis and maievs of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Can't wait to see him used in pro play