Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

That would be just as dumb as the proposed Kasich primary of Trump. These people fail to understand that the kinds of voters who vote in a GOP primary are the rabid base who watches InfoWars and thinks Mitt Romney is a lizard person (he is, but that's another story).

Mitt Romney is a reploid :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I keep expecting these tweets to be from the past, but both trump and kanye are ALL FROM TODAY. 2019 is going to be weird.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Oh yes, Romney, the guy that sat at a table with trump a few days after saying "He isn't us!".

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

That would be just as dumb as the proposed Kasich primary of Trump. These people fail to understand that the kinds of voters who vote in a GOP primary are the rabid base who watches InfoWars and thinks Mitt Romney is a lizard person (he is, but that's another story).

Are they trying to bring things back to "rational" Republicans? Cause I got news for them: their base got the straight racism from trump, they wont handle the dog whistles anymore. Though it would be hilarious to see them try, only to hemorrhage voters and crater enthusiasm.

Also to the surprise of nobody, Romney's sure to continue the Republican tradition of enabling and supporting trump, while at the same time being concerned about his antics.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

When's the last time a sitting senator tried that? Ted Kennedy in 1980?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Meatball posted:

Are they trying to bring things back to "rational" Republicans? Cause I got news for them: their base got the straight racism from trump, they wont handle the dog whistles anymore.

Also to the surprise of nobody, Romney's sure to continue the Republican tradition of enabling and supporting trump, while at the same time being concerned about his antics.
Romney thinks they can go back to dogwhistles instead of the current megaphones and he's delusional

But it doesn't matter either way to him since he will die a rich man no matter what

Oh and yes, as soon as Romney has to fall in line he absolutely will.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
The 4-way 2020 race is gonna be wild. Trump & Hannity vs. Warren & Booker vs. Romney & Kasich vs. Bloomberg & Zuckerberg.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Meet the new “very concerned,” same as the old “very concerned.”

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FlamingLiberal posted:

shhh, nothing would be more satisfying than a public and aggressive pillorying of Mitt Romney. Remember, he was running on anti-immigrant hardline poo poo in Utah lol he's just as bad as Trump. Let them fight.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FlamingLiberal posted:

Shh, don't ruin it, can you imagine how loving bananas that is going to be? Romney, Nikki Haley, Jason Chaffetz, Paul Ryan, god knows who else all running in the primary, Trump will be making GBS threads his brains out 24/7

e: god dammit :argh:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

The 4-way 2020 race is gonna be wild. Trump & Hannity vs. Warren & Booker vs. Romney & Kasich vs. Bloomberg & Zuckerberg.

A 4 way race would be legit amazing.

As for Romney bucking Trump, Utah gives him a lot more leeway to do so than Arizona gave McCain since Utah will reelect him until he drops, now matter what. But he won't do it because he's spineless and believes a lot of the same things.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Shh, don't ruin it, can you imagine how loving bananas that is going to be? Romney, Nikki Haley, Jason Chaffetz, Paul Ryan, god knows who else all running in the primary, Trump will be making GBS threads his brains out 24/7

e: god dammit :argh:

Oh lord Chaffetz isn't running and Paul Ryan might as well be dead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

We'll see :twisted:

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Oh man if theres a straight up clown car Republican primary with multiple people trying to primary trump I would die a very happy goon.

(I know it won't happen lets just pretend for a moment and bask in the joy)

Edit: I bet the rage tweets would match the level you might see if Ivanka got arrested!

Meatball fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 2, 2019

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Meatball posted:

Oh man if theres a straight up clown car Republican primary with multiple people trying to primary trump I would die a very happy goon.

(I know it won't happen lets just pretend for a moment and bask in the joy)

that happened it didn't work

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Photo of the 5 Democrats who will have subpoena power

David Lynch looking good these days.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Photo of the 5 Democrats who will have subpoena power

So Cummings, Nadler, Schiff, Waters, and who?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

that happened it didn't work

Some key differences:
- Tmurp is 4 years older, a lot fatter, and even duller than he was in 2016
- He's wayyyyyyy more invested now, by most accounts he didn't really ever expect to win until he actually won
- He's going to be up to his rear end in Democrat congressional subpoenas

e: Note I'm not saying this means he won't win, I'm saying it will be loving riveting :suspense:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Flesh Forge posted:

Some key differences:
- Tmurp is 4 years older, a lot fatter, and even duller than he was in 2016
- He's wayyyyyyy more invested now, by most accounts he didn't really ever expect to win until he actually won
- He's going to be up to his rear end in Democrat congressional subpoenas

e: Note I'm not saying this means he won't win, I'm saying it will be loving riveting :suspense:

4 years of failure is a lot to question him about. That said, I'm still doubtful anyone will truly run against him, as much as I'd like to see a damaging primary.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ogmius815 posted:

So Cummings, Nadler, Schiff, Waters, and who?

Richie Neal!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

4 years of failure is a lot to question him about. That said, I'm still doubtful anyone will truly run against him, as much as I'd like to see a damaging primary.

Yeah, still more than a year to ago until campaign season kicks in, but right now the GOP is still stuck on the Deeply Concerned setting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

sure but watching these assholes knife each other in the back. makes it easier for a Dem win, probably.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Pellisworth posted:

This would be so healthy for our democracy, if we had sane electoral rules to go along with it (we don't).

As is, I imagine no one would get to 270 and there is a fair chance the house, depending on makeup, installs Romney/Kasich or Bloomberg/Zuck in the name of decorum even though they'd be 3rd /4th in the popular vote given these tickets.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
nm

white sauce fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 2, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

i think at most there will be a 3 way race with a bunch of dem infighting during the primary. bloomberg is a non entite outside he shrinking circle and zuckerberg is loving hated by everyone on all political sides.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

i think Romney might. that way he can play hero in 2024 or whenever and talk about how he stood up to trump.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think Romney might. that way he can play hero in 2024 or whenever and talk about how he stood up to trump.

also never underestimate the ability of the wealthy to delude themselves into thinking "what the people of america really want right now is a more decorous hand at the meat grinder"

see also biden, joe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

also never underestimate the ability of the wealthy to delude themselves into thinking "what the people of america really want right now is a more decorous hand at the meat grinder"

see also biden, joe

true. though i think biden is just gonna bless beto or someshit and stay out of it to an extent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1080263362183917568

i love how he is trying to act like he lost the senate and that now he cares about those openings.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

lmao Romney would get trounced by Trump in a primary

Donnie's going to debate Donnie while eating and throwing "chocolate goodies " at Mittens , which will cause constant blue screens for Mitts.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Oh yes, Romney, the guy that sat at a table with trump a few days after saying "He isn't us!".

Don't forgot having a business that gives Trump ones competition in unethicalness.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mitt Romney is Utah's first citizen. Also AOC copied him cooking in a stately ranch manor.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Haha Mitt would last as long as it took Trump to ask why his daughter publicly pretended her name wasn't Romney.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, Mitt is setting up a 2020 primary of Trump

https://twitter.com/gilbertjasono/status/1080285940579475456

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He'd get about 30% of the vote.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Theoretically. Bernie Sanders + Bloomberg? Theoretically. Bernie Sanders + AOC? What option would cause the most madness?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Romney is more likely to be setting up the wedge for someone else in the party than planning to run himself. If he were running himself he'd not have run for the Utah senate seat and exposed himself on votes for the next two years.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

He wont be frowning. He maybe somewhat unenthusiastic. And even that is a big maybe.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Who's ready for the media to absolutely fall all over itself to create a narrative about Serious Dignified Conservatives who are strong and smart and nobly standing up to Trump, to the point where it sucks the air out of the room for left candidates and amounts to billions in free advertising for the GOP?

These are the same groups that couldn't help but present Paul Ryan as a Serious Thinker and Fiscal Conservative With Big Strong Ideas because of their desperation to show the GOP in a good light so as to seem unbiased. They're going to publicly open mouth kiss Romney by the time the GOP primary is ending.

Chimp_On_Stilts fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Discendo Vox posted:

Romney is more likely to be setting up the wedge for someone else in the party than planning to run himself. If he were running himself he'd not have run for the Utah senate seat and exposed himself on votes for the next two years.

Romney's just being Romney. There's no grand strategy here, just privilege and idiocy.