Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hey so lets say I had an idea for a gif that started with an existing video and I wanted to have labels applied to the various people in the video. Is there a free software for this kind of thing? Is it something that I'd have to do frame by frame?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hellblazer187 posted:

Hey so lets say I had an idea for a gif that started with an existing video and I wanted to have labels applied to the various people in the video. Is there a free software for this kind of thing? Is it something that I'd have to do frame by frame?

There's not really any good free/open source video editing software that does what you're looking for, most of the time if you see something that has labels or image cutouts moving over a video it's the Track Motion feature of Magix (formerly Sony) Vegas, which works kind of like how Flash used to where you can set up keyframes and it will automatically move, since that winds up in Humble Bundles for $20 pretty regularly. GIFcam has some very rudimentary text functions but otherwise you might just have to learn how to use GIMP and edit it frame by frame if you can't pony up.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1080237000698052609?s=19

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://i.imgur.com/8VZptBI.mp4

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

I've seen this posted a few times... idgi?

Unless it is the DVD logo never bounces to the corners?

If that's the case, that is a dumb maymeh.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

I've seen this posted a few times... idgi?

Unless it is the DVD logo never bounces to the corners?

If that's the case, that is a dumb maymeh.

:thejoke:

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

dialhforhero posted:

His face could make a good emoticon for the forums.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

First one of the year!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Well this is easy, most of us sitting on our computers eating doritos and ignoring that slightly ominous pain down our left arms are doing that.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

*puts out a cigarette on own arm*

Am I a loving robot?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literally a machine, literally like a machine

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hellblazer187 posted:

This feels like something that blender should be able to do. It's got some fairly competent video editing built into it these days, and it's free. Its interface is still a jumbled mystery but everything is usually way way easier than you expect, and there is usually always a dead simple tutorial on youtube that shows exactly how to do whatever you want to do in just a few seconds.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"fight"

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Indecisive posted:

Taxi's exist. Planning ahead also exists. Again, if you're relying on a bus to get you to your destination on time or your LIFE IS ENDED (sarcasm here), you hosed up.

jesus lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Karate Bastard posted:

This feels like something that blender should be able to do. It's got some fairly competent video editing built into it these days, and it's free. Its interface is still a jumbled mystery but everything is usually way way easier than you expect, and there is usually always a dead simple tutorial on youtube that shows exactly how to do whatever you want to do in just a few seconds.

Blender can definitely do motion tracking, but the interface takes getting used to. There is a new beta out that improves the ui quite a bit, but it might be too unstable.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Blender can definitely do motion tracking, but the interface takes getting used to. There is a new beta out that improves the ui quite a bit, but it might be too unstable.

To elaborate on this: by default, (old) Blender uses right click to select and (in the 3d view) left click to place the "3d cursor". In theory it allows for some operations to be done faster, but since blender is the only program in the universe that does this, it causes a disconnect every time you alt-tab into another program. Fortunately you can change it so that left click works for selecting, in the user preferences window.

Also I will take a mega-ateria with a coke and red mayo, thanks.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Am I a loving robot?

Nope. Third law says you're human.
"Third Law – A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws."

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fallout 76 is a postmodern masterpiece because I've been yelling at Todd non-stop the entire time I've been play testing his lovely alpha

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

RFC2324 posted:

Am I a loving robot?

I Think there's an Asimov story about a disguised robot candidate for the presidency that bends the laws like this

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Samuringa posted:

I Think there's an Asimov story about a disguised robot candidate for the presidency that bends the laws like this

I know in the Foundation series he introduced the Zeroth Law, which over rode the other 3 Laws, which would allow a robot to hurt humans if it was for the good of humanity as a whole.

It felt like cheating when Daneel Olivaw explained that he invented it and altered to other robots with it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
New Vegas memes are evergreen.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Evidence is the story.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

RFC2324 posted:

I know in the Foundation series he introduced the Zeroth Law, which over rode the other 3 Laws, which would allow a robot to hurt humans if it was for the good of humanity as a whole.

It felt like cheating when Daneel Olivaw explained that he invented it and altered to other robots with it.

the whole flaw of the three laws is that it allows for that 'zeroth law' without having to explicitly define it.

The robot must take action to prevent harm to humans. Preventing harm to 100% of humans is impossible, so a robot would assume the larger the percentage the better, thereby allowing harm to a minority of humans. It must follow orders, except when they conflict with the first law, which again allows orders for harm to minority groups. And it must preserve itself except when conflicting with the first two laws, which commands it to protect itself over minority groups when a larger percentage of humans are in line of harm.

it's like the plot of every robot movie ever. The hive mind follows the three laws to the point of killing up to 49% of the population and enslaving the rest to prevent them from loving up.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Asimov's a good writer by science fiction standards, but it always felt kind of forced the way he kept trying to fit everything in the same universe so that in the end it turned out the goofy robot detective sidekick became a galaxy-controlling mastermind

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Phlegmish posted:

Asimov's a good writer by science fiction standards, but it always felt kind of forced the way he kept trying to fit everything in the same universe so that in the end it turned out the goofy robot detective sidekick became a galaxy-controlling mastermind

I actually loved that bit. 50 books or something crazy with THAT as the plot twist at the loving end.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samuringa posted:

He publicly eats an apple, then has a conversation about how any good robot builder trying to build a politician would include a food handling system for that exact situation.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
all governmental candidates must publicly poo poo in a box to prove they are not robots

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kitfox88 posted:

all governmental candidates must publicly poo poo in a box to prove they are not robots

Manzoni for president

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm robot Tython inventing the minuth oneth law about punching humanth in the fathe.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Pictured: R. Daneel Olivaw and Elijah Baley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002