Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

name it uwu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Name it "It's that dog"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Name it Ligma

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hey fellow millenials, let's do the Fortnite! ha ha

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope the youths are having a great time with their Fortnite :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my eyes keep skipping past that image within half a second and will continue to do so

fremdschamen is real

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God, a popular thing...

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
fortnite is alright and ninja sucks

thank you for allowing me to make my first piping hot take of 2019

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i wonder how he felt about having to be broadcasting live around so many women

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

i wonder how he felt about having to be broadcasting live around so many women

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh is he the “can’t play with other women because it counts as cheating” dude?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Oh is he the “can’t play with other women because it counts as cheating” dude?
yeah lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The 7th Guest posted:

God this dude sucks so much lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

He's not even doing it right which is the most amazing thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Whose fault is that

It doesn't matter whose fault it is, I just didn't like feeling like I had a choice in the matter and then "oh ok I never did"

Convex posted:

I have that problem with so many games. Recently I was playing Dishonored 1 and after years of bouncing off the game I realised it was way more fun to just roll with the fuckups and go crazy with all your special powers. In my defence I was a big Thief 2 fan and getting spotted in that game was practically a death sentence.

It was less a matter of "oh whoops I hosed up better reload" and more that I didn't realize that I was in a situation where my actions were going to determine something as important as what party member I start with, except then your choice DOESN'T matter and both get killed anyway so you never had a choice in which of the 2 would be your first party member because both of them die and that was just lame imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The 7th Guest posted:

Pictured: "the most influential streamer in the world"

Should have gotten this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P-Yk-Q2bWk

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Wow Steep seems... very janky and clunky. Am I correct or am I just bad at it?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is steep the skiing game that some professional died during some marketing thing for it, or was that some other game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Is steep the skiing game that some professional died during some marketing thing for it, or was that some other game

Yeah

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finally found the first game in years that won't work on my pc because of my actual specs

little nightmares doesn't run on amd phenoms because they don't support SSE4.2

it's weird because most AAA games don't even force that, and this is a game from 2017. but w/e i'll just play it on my lovely laptop at low graphical settings

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If I beat Spider-Man in 2019 I'll be happy

Currently rocking the Scarlet Spider outfit, Ben Reilly 4 life

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hate that nowadays when I look at a game like Darkest Dungeon my first thought is "I don't have the 50+ hours to sink into a really meaty hard campaign"

I kind of miss when I was 18 and had no qualms about spending 5+ hours on gaming a day

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Internet Kraken posted:

I hate that nowadays when I look at a game like Darkest Dungeon my first thought is "I don't have the 50+ hours to sink into a really meaty hard campaign"

I kind of miss when I was 18 and had no qualms about spending 5+ hours on gaming a day

:same: but I also spend way too much time mindlessly browsing the internet that would arguably be more productive if I put it towards games.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

C-Euro posted:

:same: but I also spend way too much time mindlessly browsing the internet that would arguably be more productive if I put it towards games.

:emptyquote:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I bought a pitendo a year ago and i've lost the pdf manual for the thing, now i can't remember how to transfer poo poo to it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has there ever been a WRPG with a decent pickpocketing system? Or even one that doesn’t strongly encourage savescumming?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What'd the ninja guy do differently to everyone else that made him the ultimate streamer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What'd the ninja guy do differently to everyone else that made him the ultimate streamer
get in on the ground floor streaming fortnite when it became huge

when fortnite dies so will ninja's fame

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

C-Euro posted:

That's one of my general goals this year, actually. If I'm not gonna work on projects some nights in favor of relaxing, I might as well actively choose to do so via games instead of YouTube or getting stuck in an internet loop.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

what should i name the dog in dragon age, gimme some dog names

We named the dog Indiana

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

mutata posted:

That's one of my general goals this year, actually. If I'm not gonna work on projects some nights in favor of relaxing, I might as well actively choose to do so via games instead of YouTube or getting stuck in an internet loop.

:same:

Though I've got a couple of nights of waffling about what kind of character to make for my next baldurs gate playthrough

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Help Im Alive posted:

The 7th Guest posted:

get in on the ground floor streaming fortnite when it became huge

when fortnite dies so will ninja's fame

I've never watched him but is his personality magnetic or is he exceptional at Fortnite?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Ninja supposedly made $10 million in 2018 (before taxes presumably), so if he's smart (and he probably won't be) he's set even if he loses basically all his subs today.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Help Im Alive posted:

Well, he's a white guy that has only said the n-word publicly once.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Help Im Alive posted:

Didn't he only get really popular when some rapper appeared on his stream?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAsEKuZyjtA

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Didn't he only get really popular when some rapper appeared on his stream?

Na, dude was already the biggest thing on Twitch at that point and the celebrity guests just shoved it into overdrive. He's relatively charismatic and very good at the game and has had some really good fortune getting into the right game at the right time with some absurd opportunities coming his way.

He was already doing okay pre-Fortnite (some rich fanboy effectively donated the deposit for his house) but yeah you gotta assume he's pretty much set for life now, the lucky gently caress.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
People who fluke into being rich usually are not very smart.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Internet Kraken posted:

People who fluke into being rich usually are not very smart.

You can be dumb as bricks but if you don't have particularly expensive tastes it's fairly hard to blow it when you're earning $10m a year and despite everything I never really got the feeling that he was dumping it on fast cars and blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Staying rich when you are already rich is in fact really easy