Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Didn't it come out years after that type game was out of style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Darkstar, from what I’ve read, is pretty bad.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Edward Mass posted:

I think if you check again, you'll find that it's actually very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IobIKrZm6c

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

We missed the AU where Joel looks vaguely bored in an unnecessary Star Wars film.

"Once I get off this satellite, sirs -- and I will get off this satellite -- there's gonna be carnage."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joel and Trace had small parts on the short lived comedy show Other Space.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Edward Mass posted:

Can confirm. I bought it, played it for about about 2 hours then got stuck in an unsolvable maze which I couldn't exit and would have had to reset my save file (apparently I wasn't supposed to attempt it yet? they did telegraph that a bit but obviously not enough for me and who the gently caress puts unsolvable mazes in their 2010 adventure game like it's 19-loving-80?!). As for the FMV elements, the game's main developer directed all the live-action footage himself and he was not very good at it and it shows. The actors who didn't need much direction gave decent (though certainly not great) performances but the rest of the cast came across really flat and wooden (at times like they were just reading the script for the first time). Also the game ran like an absolute dog with lots of chugging and slowdown on my 2.something GHz Athlon64 CPU that should have had no trouble with a cheesy 90s-style FMV game.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 3, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Radar posted:

Can confirm. I bought it, played it for about about 2 hours then got stuck in an unsolvable maze which I couldn't exit and would have had to reset my save file (apparently I wasn't supposed to attempt it yet? they did telegraph that a bit but obviously not enough for me and who the gently caress puts unsolvable mazes in their 2010 adventure game like it's 19-loving-80?!). As for the FMV elements, the game's main developer directed all the live-action footage himself and he was not very good at it and it shows. The actors who didn't need much direction gave decent (though certainly not great) performances but the rest of the cast came across really flat and wooden (at times like they were just reading the script for the first time). Also the game ran like an absolute dog with lots of chugging and slowdown on my 2.something GHz Athlon64 CPU that should have had no trouble with a cheesy 90s-style FMV game.

Wow. Sounds like the stars of MST3K starred in The Room of video games.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

That game took so long to come out that I actually thought for years that the whole thing was a joke and they were never actually making it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dawgstar posted:

Wow. Sounds like the stars of MST3K starred in The Room of video games.

No, that honor belongs to The Quiet Man.

That link goes to SuperGreatFriend’s playthrough, whose style is very dry and smartassed (in the best possible way). If you prefer your bad game commentary more raucous and weird check out TieTuesday’s stream.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think the guy rereleased it as a movie at some point, or maybe as a dvd game that you can play with your remote. I regret that I never bought it, but the fmv parts are up on youtube.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DivisionPost posted:

No, that honor belongs to The Quiet Man.

That link goes to SuperGreatFriend’s playthrough, whose style is very dry and smartassed (in the best possible way). If you prefer your bad game commentary more raucous and weird check out TieTuesday’s stream.

To paraphrase Crow, "Why would you do that, Joel?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/KimCattrall/status/1080968501689409537

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Kim Cattrall showed up at the Mads live show I saw in Brooklyn a while ago and sang the song. She’s awesome.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

How come you never hear about Estelle Winwood doing stuff like that?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rydiafan posted:

How come you never hear about Estelle Winwood doing stuff like that?

Run if Joe Don Baker shows up

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

... or he'll eat your lunch!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like that at least half of the Sex and the City ladies are really loving cool.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kim Catrell is also Kinga's mom, do that's pretty nice!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Davros1 posted:

Well, I mean walking at a brisk pace would probably do the trick.

Maybe drop a few cheeseburgers to distract him...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Joe Don Baker got really excited to attend the swearing in of the 116th Congress, because he misheard and thought they were being sworn into the International House of Pancakes.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

He's a large man is what I'm saying.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Another Bill posted:

He's a large man is what I'm saying.

No, I don’t follow.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
They still need to figure out that yelling the riffs is not funny.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chokes McGee posted:

No, I don’t follow.

If you're struggling to follow Joe Don Baker, look for the blocked out sun.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

They still need to figure out that yelling the riffs is not funny.

Sometimes it is. Like Jonah's horror at the end of Mac & Me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

rydiafan posted:

Sometimes it is. Like Jonah's horror at the end of Mac & Me.

Or Servo losing it at the end of Wild World of Batwoman.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Proteus Jones posted:

Or Servo losing it at the end of Wild World of Batwoman.

Still my absolute favorite MST3k moment.

END! END!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Chokes McGee posted:

No, I don’t follow.

I don't follow you, my friend. No way. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't follow you, my friend. No way. :colbert:

Oh, he's a Made For TV hippie!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The answer my friend is blow it out your rear end.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
I still have literally no idea what was going on with that subplot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The hippie thing? It was just there as an example of the kind of subplots that Clu would be getting in to as the representative of the sheriff's office. Also I assume the square would be a recurring character since he talks about doing commuter flights.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Stuffing your face with diet gum

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

muscles like this! posted:

The hippie thing? It was just there as an example of the kind of subplots that Clu would be getting in to as the representative of the sheriff's office. Also I assume the square would be a recurring character since he talks about doing commuter flights.

No, I mean, the way it fits together makes absolutely no sense.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Theres a 12 year old that steals a plane and then lands it based on over-the-radio instructions, but the hippie is what you're hung up on?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

No, I mean, the way it fits together makes absolutely no sense.

The Square Middle-Aged Guy was mad at Made For TV Hippie because he was offending his Establishment Sensibilities and tried to pick a fight with him, then claimed it was the other way around when Airport Fuzz got involved, because he figured they would automatically side with him and not the Brigadoon Refugee. Diet gum proved to be the MacGuffin in this otherwise straightforward subplot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Square Middle-Aged Guy was mad at Made For TV Hippie because he was offending his Establishment Sensibilities and tried to pick a fight with him, then claimed it was the other way around when Airport Fuzz got involved, because he figured they would automatically side with him and not the Brigadoon Refugee. Diet gum proved to be the MacGuffin in this otherwise straightforward subplot.

It wasn't so much the other way around but that he got the hippie mixed up with another guy, which they establish by the fact that he was across the terminal when the square claimed the altercation originally took place.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

muscles like this! posted:

It wasn't so much the other way around but that he got the hippie mixed up with another guy, which they establish by the fact that he was across the terminal when the square claimed the altercation originally took place.

Gotcha, it's been a while since I last saw San Francisco International, so I muddled up a couple of the details.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i wonder what the wordcloud for the lords of the deep script would look like. every other word microscopic except "trilby" and "dobler", probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Theres a 12 year old that steals a plane and then lands it based on over-the-radio instructions, but the hippie is what you're hung up on?

Thanks to this very thread I learned that the plane that Davey was flying is apparently the easiest thing to fly ever.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 6, 2019