Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I really wish I knew enough about Magic: The Gathering to make a joke here, but all I know is that everyone in my circle of friends and acquaintances who plays it is a loving weirdo about it.

Trump 100% plays a red goblin deck with 6 goblin assassins in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

KillHour posted:

Trump 100% plays a red goblin deck with 6 goblin assassins in it.

white only deck

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

King of Solomon posted:

There's no way Trump would be able to figure out even the most basic rules of how to play Magic, let alone anything even remotely complex.

He would memorize one misinterpretation of a rule and be the most loving asinine rules lawyer possible.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Shifty Pony posted:

He would memorize one misinterpretation of a rule and be the most loving asinine rules lawyer possible.

I just don't think he'd be able to get past the idea that he has to pay mana to do things in the game.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

I just don't think he'd be able to get past the idea that he has to pay mana to do things in the game.

He'd promise to pay it then after doing whatever it is he needed to do, he'd try to worm his way out of paying the mana cost.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Oh, so the press will be there then...?

[Yes, I know that room is off limit to the press. My inference is that donny's forgotten again, or doesn't give enough of a toss]

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Hmm... checking the most recent election results for both, it appears he got 62% to your 46%. Who won big?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

white only deck

White decks require finding synergy between your cards to protect them from damage and heal your friends. Red cards have backstabbing and self-owns as a built-in feature.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

They need to determine wall funding with a magic the gathering tournament

Ah, I see that 2019 is the year we have descended to full yugioh status, resolving world affairs with a children's card game.

Does explain why my hair is so spikey this morning.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FlamingLiberal posted:

I swear to God these are the dumbest people on the planet.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1080270524570394626

They aren't dumb, it's an active attempt to maintain the status quo at all costs. That is, the old status quo, where the two parties differ in a few areas but either way, the rich get paid.

Also Magic chat: Trump only plays a Portal deck that he bought on credit and never paid for.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hmm... checking the most recent election results for both, it appears he got 62% to your 46%. Who won big?

Trump won the general election. Romney lost. Cherry picking which of them is the bigger failure is sort of asinine.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

They aren't dumb, it's an active attempt to maintain the status quo at all costs. That is, the old status quo, where the two parties differ in a few areas but either way, the rich get paid.

Also Magic chat: Trump only plays a Portal deck that he bought on credit and never paid for.
You’re right, but they are also stupid as hell

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Caros posted:

Ah, I see that 2019 is the year we have descended to full yugioh status, resolving world affairs with a children's card game.

Does explain why my hair is so spikey this morning.

Does this mean if he loses Trump will get killedsent to the shadow realm?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I only played MTG back in middle school and even then we threw away the resource cards and just played with the unit cards.

if you used the resource cards it took forever to do anything so we just played it more like UNO. You started with a bunch of cards and you could use one every turn and then draw more cards.

Winner was the one with the highest kill count when we ran out of cards.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think it's extremely telling when AOC points out how the system is broken for anyone not wealthy and she gets all the scorn. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney pulls his monocle away from his eye and says "By golly my good man, this Tromp fellow is extremely uncouth" and it's "OH poo poo IT IS GOING DOWN NOW" from the same people

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Caros posted:

Trump won the general election. Romney lost. Cherry picking which of them is the bigger failure is sort of asinine.

Even going by the General election Romney got 47.2% of the vote and Trump got 46.1%. Trump fluked his way to a victory even he did not expect.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That sound you hear is the goalpoasts moving.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1080457560291987457?s=19

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I think it's extremely telling when AOC points out how the system is broken for anyone not wealthy and she gets all the scorn. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney pulls his monocle away from his eye and says "By golly my good man, this Tromp fellow is extremely uncouth" and it's "OH poo poo IT IS GOING DOWN NOW" from the same people

In a similar vein, it's telling that Warren got a bunch of articles like these after announcing the formation of her presidential committee:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/31/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-1077008

Almost as if anyone who fucks with the monied class at the heart of the Democratic Party is marginalized and ignored lest they get too popular with the common folk.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Wall got built so fast, was amazing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He just needs to tell his chuds he built an invisible wall....

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Trump by the end of 2019:

"I wasn't saying 'build the wall'. I was saying 'build DeWalt', and through a special $1,000 appropriation we were able to buy a variety of DeWalt brand tools and accessories."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So if the wall is fully renovated and built, and Mexico is paying us--mission accomplished?

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I really wish I knew enough about Magic: The Gathering to make a joke here, but all I know is that everyone in my circle of friends and acquaintances who plays it is a loving weirdo about it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"most of the wall has been built" what the gently caress?????

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

karthun posted:

How does it put Republican messaging ahead of any content of the bill? Hint, gently caress the rich is one hell of a way to campaign. Same thing with the no taxes on 80% of the population, it send a message that the rich will pay more in taxes to provide the services that you want. Even better if you can push forward a bill that raises taxes on the top 20% while decreasing them on the bottom 80% while remaining budget neutral. gently caress the loving rich you loving coward.

Wait...do you really think Pelosi wants to raise taxes on the 1% and this is why she demanded the pay-as-you-go thing?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The rest of the money is for giant "gold" letters that spell out TRUMP every mile or so. If they have any left over, it'll go towards video projections of him looking stern and resolute*

*really just constipated, but republicans see things very differently than normal people

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

"most of the wall has been built" what the gently caress?????

He's been saying it for a while, and the CHUDs have been readily eating it up. I've seen more than a few "FINISH THE WALL" signs at his loony rallies.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

If they're paying for the wall, Donny, why do you need to keep holding the government hostage?

E: Holy poo poo is this going to be his escape hatch? Claim that Mexico is already paying for the wall via USMCA (which, by the way, hasn't been ratified yet), and go "THIS IS WHY I AM SIGNING A BILL WITH NO WALL MONEY IN IT"?

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 2, 2019

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

If they're paying for the wall, Donny, why do you need to keep holding the government hostage?

It really is layered-stupid.

-The trade deal isn't final yet.
- If that happens, any financial benefit will not go to the federal coffers.
- Even if the first two things weren't true, like, you said, he's undermining his own position here.

It's really hard to walk though this stuff. A mire of idiocy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

escape hatch is "wall has been built" LOL which actually fucks people over even more since where will that gofundme monies go except that one guy's pocket

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Skippy McPants posted:

As others have speculated, this may be his turn into serving up "comedy" for the reactionary right. I wonder if he'll be self-aware enough to get creeped out when neo-Nazis start fawning over him.

I wonder what will happen when the Nazis learn he is half Mexican.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

DLC Inc posted:

escape hatch is "wall has been built" LOL which actually fucks people over even more since where will that gofundme monies go except that one guy's pocket

That money was only ever intended for that guys pocket. That's how the right wing grift machine works.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Maybe the real wall was the friends we made along the way.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Has the existing wall (fence) been renovated at this point?

Also:
Hey, I don't expect chuds to have logic, but 5 billion more for a wall that's already built doesn't make sense.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mozi posted:

Or I guess the friends we lost, since we've pissed off all our allies and abandoned them and actively worked to destroy the world order of which we are the primary beneficiaries?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Mozi posted:

I only make friends with walls (sometimes fences), guess I'm poo poo out of luck. And so lonely.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

pseudanonymous posted:

Or I guess the friends we lost, since we've pissed off all our allies and abandoned them and actively worked to destroy the world order of which we are the primary beneficiaries?

Capitalism does this inherently already. It has no national allegiances.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good walls make good neighbors

jklfdsa
Oct 30, 2006
blah
We're like two days away from Trump tweeting that there is and always has been a big, beautiful steel slat wall on the Southern border.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

haveblue posted:

Good walls make good neighbors

Well, they're quiet at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Fritz Coldcockin posted: