Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

PUBG's sound support is terrible.
It compresses the angles of sound, such that when a sound is sufficiently off-centre (around midway IIRC) it snaps to being entirely through one channel. Why? Who knows.

It does however support surround sound, though bluehole didn't implement it, it's just in the engine. If you turn on Windows Spatial -> Windows Sonic for Headphones or otherwise have a headset that reports as 5.1 / 7.1 it'll default to surround and be a lot more useful to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I am also given to understand you should turn off HRTF if you use Windows Spacial or Dolby ProChallengeOmegaHeadBlast or whatever.

In other news, in the last two days I’ve had two #2’s, a #3, and a handful of top 10 placements. Still no solo chicken dinners. :negative:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Oh yeah?

In the last week I've had two #9s, a #9 large, a #6 with extra dip, a #7, two #45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Haven't played any PUBG though.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Cheese is gross. Also you should probably get your cholesterol checked out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ihmemies posted:

My left and right channel cables were mixed up. It caused a lot of issues in pubg.

I’m p.sure I told you that the one time we played. You said there’s no way that’s possible and then I wrote you off as a total retard.

Hooplah posted:

Oh yeah?

In the last week I've had two #9s, a #9 large, a #6 with extra dip, a #7, two #45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

Haven't played any PUBG though.

Did you get guac? It’s extra, but totally worth it.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to run PUBG for first time on a new build and upon trying to install the Battleye Rootkit client I get an immediate bluescreen for PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Should I be suspecting my RAM or something else?

I'm running a 9900K with a RTX 2080. No OC, I had XMP on since I have uprated RAM but turned that off to no effect. All my other games (BF5, CoD Black Ops 4) seem to work just fine.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Stop cheating?

(Real Answer: Update drivers? Googling that seems to have a decent amount of people with that problem and their possible fixes)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My shadows are supremely hosed up now. Sometimes it's fullbright with player shadows showing through walls/floors, sometimes shadows go haywire and the entire map flickers when I move my mouse, sometimes shadows are just normal and fine, I don't know.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Xenaero posted:

My shadows are supremely hosed up now. Sometimes it's fullbright with player shadows showing through walls/floors, sometimes shadows go haywire and the entire map flickers when I move my mouse, sometimes shadows are just normal and fine, I don't know.

Nah man, PUBG was fixed.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Hed posted:

I'm trying to run PUBG for first time on a new build and upon trying to install the Battleye Rootkit client I get an immediate bluescreen for PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Should I be suspecting my RAM or something else?

I'm running a 9900K with a RTX 2080. No OC, I had XMP on since I have uprated RAM but turned that off to no effect. All my other games (BF5, CoD Black Ops 4) seem to work just fine.

if it’s still not working, id make sure your antivirus program(s) are temporarily disabled when you run the installer. that error could be related to a variety of things, not excluding failing RAM.
theres a memory test i like to use called Memtest x86 you could download the .iso and create a bootable device to run that from. you could also run hdtune to test your HDD for bad blocks, current pending sectors, reallocated sectors/events. good luck

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

VulgarandStupid posted:

Nah man, PUBG was fixed.

are you mandated to make this post every page or what

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I guess I am a man of simple pleasures but I can't stop laughing my rear end off getting shot in the face by a bathroomcamper after looting the rest of the building, happened three times last evening, I'm dumb

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Klaaz posted:

I guess I am a man of simple pleasures but I can't stop laughing my rear end off getting shot in the face by a bathroomcamper after looting the rest of the building, happened three times last evening, I'm dumb

People are going to be doing lovely things in solos more frequently now because everyone wants the chicken dinner to fulfill their mission.

Xenaero posted:

This happened to me a couple of months ago... but it was 100% nvidia drivers and the game not meshing with them. It was fixed when the next update of drivers came out (or if you rolled back). Not sure if it happened again though. Specifically the flickering thing was happening to me.

I found the tweet, it was October.

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/1053173481515319296

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dungeon Ecology posted:

if it’s still not working, id make sure your antivirus program(s) are temporarily disabled when you run the installer. that error could be related to a variety of things, not excluding failing RAM.
theres a memory test i like to use called Memtest x86 you could download the .iso and create a bootable device to run that from. you could also run hdtune to test your HDD for bad blocks, current pending sectors, reallocated sectors/events. good luck

I got a clean bill of health from Memtest86 so I feel better about my RAM. Fixed storage is fine, which makes since since it's all new. I'm downloading the latest ~game ready drivers~ and hopefully that does something..
Thanks a bunch guys for the help.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Xenaero posted:

Mine just get super dark when its dusk/dawn. I do however get squares of the map where the ground doesn't render so everything just floats 10-20 feet above water. I can usually see the squares that don't load when parachuting in, its really weird walking around in those areas.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I haven't played PUBG in a few months, but have been playing again since Vikendi came out. I LOVE the new parachute controls, it makes those precision jumps so much easier. I can actually land on the roof the of the observatory without rolling down the side of the dome most of the time.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't played PUBG in a few months, but have been playing again since Vikendi came out. I LOVE the new parachute controls, it makes those precision jumps so much easier. I can actually land on the roof the of the observatory without rolling down the side of the dome most of the time.

Yeah I actually landed on a tiny balcony earlier to get into a building faster and i thought I had entered the matrix. Game runs decent atm

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In game voice chat is broken. No more pickup groups for me i guess.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It has been coming on and going off randomly all morning but if it's on at the start of a round it stays on. Maybe some of their servers are messed up.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
new working hacks already up for this patch. ffs

edit: its a new hack where either they can make their player model invisible or it fucks with the sound location. had a guy shooting us from the south when noise was coming from east, etc.

also the new scripts for auto fire include human like pauses to avoid detection from battle-eye, built in misses, etc.

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 2, 2019

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I got this game for Christmas. I am garbage. I did get to #4 in solo once without killing anybody lol and have gotten as many as three kills in a single game!

Anyway that's all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CornHolio posted:

I got this game for Christmas. I am garbage. I did get to #4 in solo once without killing anybody lol and have gotten as many as three kills in a single game!

Anyway that's all.

That's what it's like to be new!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I finally got a bigger SSD so I can keep more games installed. Was thinking about adding this one back. Is PUBG a dead game or can I still get in a new game right after I die?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
If you're fine with any map, quickplay usually gets me in a game in less than 10 seconds.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

With I still be wallhack sniped from across the map or is the game no longer profitable for scammin'?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Apparently hacks are still out there but I've only had one instance of hacking that I recall.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Look Sir Droids posted:

With I still be wallhack sniped from across the map or is the game no longer profitable for scammin'?

It isn't like the bad old days of someone named QQ_13847296 killing fifty people with an S1897 from across the map, but there are still cheats and you are going to lose to cheats OR lose to someone much better than you OR lose to a weird bug OR lose to someone who just got lucky, and since the spectator mode is worthless you're not gonna know what actually happened. PUBG is not something you should take seriously, in other words, but it's fun if you can tolerate dying to stupid stuff.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I've reported people for hacking, what, 4 times? over 300 hours played. And the last one was a few months ago.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cheating or not, you are going to have piles of bullshit deaths.

If you can laugh them off, then install.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Not least, deaths due to yourself panicking, failing to control recoil, or plain being an idiot. Those feel way worse than hacking deaths.

Remember: Losing is fun!

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Philthy posted:

Cheating or not, you are going to have piles of bullshit deaths.

If you can laugh them off, then install.

I play Arma. I'm fine with bullshit deaths.

Last time I played PUBG I'm not even sure I ever got hacker killed. It was just the height of hacker involvement in that game and it felt like maybe I got hacker killed a few times.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
The game has a very fast TTK, which means getting caught by surprise usually means death. Or making any kind of mistake. Most people bitching about cheaters are just pissy about other people having better aim while they strafe and spray wildly.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FunOne posted:

The game has a very fast TTK, which means getting caught by surprise usually means death. Or making any kind of mistake. Most people bitching about cheaters are just pissy about other people having better aim while they strafe and spray wildly.

Ether Frenzy posted:

The amount of desync any individual suffers is directly proportionate to their opinion on how good they are at the game, from what I've observed.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Only once have I recently run into somebody that was obviously hacking. They triple-headshot everybody in my group with an M4, all within about 30 seconds of each other. Bonus hacker points because we were being idiots and were really spread out.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
There's been an uptick in hacking on EU in the past month or so, but it's still not bad enough to be remotely unplayable, and the hacking seems to mostly be radar/wallhack related rather than the more obscene 2 km headshots etc.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Look Sir Droids posted:

I encounter hackers on a regular basis still, but it comes in waves. Oddly enough, there were new working hacks just a few hours after the last patch, so that was pretty frustrating. I am one of the few people in the thread that likes to play in third person mode though, which sadly is the choice of the chinese hacker community.

Remember, this is a game that had to release PR statements about how they were banning hackers by the thousands at a time. Supposedly more than 13 million accounts total have been banned for hacking, thats insane.

Hacking isn't as frustrating in a game like TF2 or whatever where you just respawn and go on with your day, but its pretty loving infuriating when you have spent 30 minutes trying to survive and in the top 10 you get headshotted from a full auto AK across the map, when you are above them and behind cover...

Because of the style of the game, the hacking is way more frustrating. Its one of the main reasons I played a ton of COD on ps4 instead lately. But this game is still super fun and I love it.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

zapplez posted:

I am one of the few people in the thread that likes to play in third person mode though

:barf:

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This game was literally built to be 3rd person. All the models/buildings looked hosed in first.

Also its fun to play one of the few PC games that lets you do that style of shooting game in 3rd. First person driving also makes me sick.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I prefer 3rd person too. Corner peeking is bullshit, but it's an advantage/disadvantage everybody has. 1st person just doesn't give enough FOV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Now that global matchmaking is how it works, I get put in Asian regions for every match, no more Oceania. The ping is 200-300, which sure makes it more frustrating but I can pull off decent kill count games and/or wins. The real downside is having to play in a matching pool that has noticeably higher numbers of cheating players. I lost three times in top 10 last night due to it. I get confirmation notices for reports on nearly all that I put in.