Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
QAnon is wild basically

I don't even know what else I could point to that resembles it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

This is like those jokes about dead celebrities' last tweet being an announcement that they have evidence that will put Hillary in jail.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
just remembered Dee Dee Megadoodoo

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Bip Roberts posted:

but you also implied that they didn't want an idiot king. they are 100% okay with an idiot king

Oh I know they are OK with an idiot king. Just as long as he panders to them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you don’t really have to over think white evangelicals

they are stupid racists

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Paramemetic posted:

I legit think there's a book in the history of the conspiracy fringe but particularly in this weird loving transition where it swung from hyper-paranoid anti-government libertarianism into just straight up cheerleading for military justice or some poo poo

I mean thinking about it I guess that maybe they followed the tea party libertarians into the republican party?

I dunno all I'm saying is Posadism is the only true UFO cult. J Posadas predicted Icke

They’re anti-government bootlickers OP. Just waiting for the right king who will support racism and pedophilia strongly enough to make them feel great again. It’s why they’ve eternally attacked the Jews as being the wrong kind of shadow government.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
shellfish, more like.. hellfish.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

euphronius posted:

you don’t really have to over think white evangelicals

they are stupid racists

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how do you pronounce “Bre”

what the gently caress

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
a lot of the #Q stuff seems to be middle aged people on twitter but there's still a lot of conspiracy and more militia/survivalist groups who are harder to pin down and aren't fully maga even if they're still terrible

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

truly, a heaven-defying president

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress

"bruh"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress

like the cheese

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

Bre Payton got the lobster sub and immediately went into a coma and died

she didn't even eat the lobster sub, just smelling it was enough to seal her fate

K9
May 6, 2007

do u even lift Bre

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

white sauce posted:

Shnorkles da Racist Plane

sometimes there needs to be just one person brave enough to stand up and tell it how it is

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Paramemetic posted:

I legit think there's a book in the history of the conspiracy fringe but particularly in this weird loving transition where it swung from hyper-paranoid anti-government libertarianism into just straight up cheerleading for military justice or some poo poo

I mean thinking about it I guess that maybe they followed the tea party libertarians into the republican party?

I dunno all I'm saying is Posadism is the only true UFO cult. J Posadas predicted Icke

Conspiracy theorists are mostly just hardcore reactionaries. They want a totalitarian government just with the "correct" people at the helm

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

DryGoods posted:

planes in no way have the upper body strength required to lead this nation through the tough times ahead

jet flex can’t bend steel beams

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

tacodaemon posted:

she didn't even eat the lobster sub, just smelling it was enough to seal her fate

Q (aka quiznos) as an double agent undercover in the deep state, needed to murk a D-list conservative to keep up his quota and not arouse suspicion

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

think there's a difference between the western libertarian 'get off my land u drat gubmint' and full chud tbh

Yeah I am inclined to agree

And both exist on a Venn Diagram with like, conspiracy theorists, but there's not a perfect overlap

The Art Bell crowd used to be pretty much "the government can't be trusted" and so would try to find weird reasons to reject things we should just reject. Like they'd be like "I am super against child concentration camps on the border, seems like they're getting ready for the FEMA UN takeover" and it's like...okay well those are the right positions to have about child concentration camps but drat if that isn't a weird loving way to get there

But now we have QAnon saying the President of America is the hero in an anti-establishment cult narrative and it's just hellworld gonna hell lmao

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

chuds under attack by deep state gay antifa super lobsters

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tired: subways mascot was a pedophile
Wired: Quiznos mascot is an assassin for the cia

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Paramemetic posted:

man I really hate that the weird conspiracy world has somehow gone pro-military, pro-GOP

I am gonna start doing my own deep dive on this poo poo because I think it's Alex Jones who took David Icke poo poo and then married it into the anti-Obama turbo-grift, and then lost control of it

It's just fuckin' wild that the same people who used to build off-grid houses deep in the desert out of fear of black helicopters are now cheering for extrajudicial military tribunals

it literally killed Art Bell I think

They’ve fully embraced fascism, OP.

Next fascist president is gonna activate these nation-wide terror cells and they’re gonna have themselves a good ol’ fashioned holocaust right here in the USA

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

DryGoods posted:

a lot of the #Q stuff seems to be middle aged people on twitter but there's still a lot of conspiracy and more militia/survivalist groups who are harder to pin down and aren't fully maga even if they're still terrible

Ammon Bundy (I think, one of them anyway) coming out all "what the gently caress are we doing at the border" is a pretty good example of this.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Paramemetic posted:

Yeah I am inclined to agree

And both exist on a Venn Diagram with like, conspiracy theorists, but there's not a perfect overlap

The Art Bell crowd used to be pretty much "the government can't be trusted" and so would try to find weird reasons to reject things we should just reject. Like they'd be like "I am super against child concentration camps on the border, seems like they're getting ready for the FEMA UN takeover" and it's like...okay well those are the right positions to have about child concentration camps but drat if that isn't a weird loving way to get there

But now we have QAnon saying the President of America is the hero in an anti-establishment cult narrative and it's just hellworld gonna hell lmao

even if a broken clock is right, it’s still broken on the inside :freep:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Northwest north-southwest

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

is there still a forums thread that follows freep? :freep:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Feldegast42 posted:

Conspiracy theorists are mostly just hardcore reactionaries. They want a totalitarian government just with the "correct" people at the helm

this is a shame and maybe I was just too innocent and insulated from the Nazi subtexts as a child

I mean it's definitely the case now like it's v obvious that that's where post-Jones conspiracy theorists go. Corsi, etc.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

think there's a difference between the western libertarian 'get off my land u drat gubmint' and full chud tbh

they can both get in the nutrient vat

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Paramemetic posted:

QAnon is wild basically

1st-2nd century christianity

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I miss when conspiracies were more like the X-Files

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

must have been wild when the first Christians started dying

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the nazis themselves were hugely into conspiracy theories

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasn’t the “conspiracy theory” in xfikes true?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You can do whatever you want in life.

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1080505519163564034

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Paramemetic posted:

QAnon is wild basically

Gangstalking I think is the closest comparison.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Respect his sacrifice. Someone once shot bullets into his rear end in a top hat for our freedom.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the nazis themselves were hugely into conspiracy theories

the world ice theory (welteislehre) was a big fuckin crazy one a lot of NSDAP people were way into

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

docbeard posted:

Ammon Bundy (I think, one of them anyway) coming out all "what the gently caress are we doing at the border" is a pretty good example of this.

Ammon Bundy is a Mormon and the Mormons might be generally crazy but they were persecuted people for a long time who fled to Mexico who are generally good on helping refugees and immigrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

eh theyre both conservative authoritarians