Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

It would be better if Salazar keeps a reanimated Troy around as a torture pet

That's what I'm actually hoping. It would get me to at least give S5 a shot. Still never gonna watch 4b.

It's too cool for anyone on the current writing team to think of though so it's definitely gonna be a flashback. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Then the alien zaps Rick and ressurects Shane

I am catching up on Fear and it occured to me, after the fall of [the world’s largest and richest military’s second largest and probably richest city] got timeskipped, that I’d actually love to see a zombie show that acknowledges that major governments are extremely rich and powerful, and world class armies probably wouldn’t be overrun by idiot zombies.

Have it be known that the US president and canadian PM, with a cabal of officials and rich folk and a hefty military contingent, are holded up somewhere in the NWT and planning something. Have them in contact with russians across the arctic sea. Have them send inconsistent broadcasts to Our Heroes and have some True Patriot vs. Pragmatists drama. Maybe a multinational military unit drops in and claims to be UN liberators. They help Our Heroes but some folks (who probably have southern accents) are suspicious. Have a pocket episode where a podunk military ship deals with hitting a zombie patch in the ocean. Maybe an army unit rolls up and annihilates a ricktatorship. I want a show where the Zombie War is political and manageable, not just “oh poo poo let’s have the nearest community theatre guy be king now, who wants to duel for Archduke?”

Sounds like you want World War Z the TV show.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Then the alien zaps Rick and ressurects Shane

I am catching up on Fear and it occured to me, after the fall of [the world’s largest and richest military’s second largest and probably richest city] got timeskipped, that I’d actually love to see a zombie show that acknowledges that major governments are extremely rich and powerful, and world class armies probably wouldn’t be overrun by idiot zombies.

Have it be known that the US president and canadian PM, with a cabal of officials and rich folk and a hefty military contingent, are holded up somewhere in the NWT and planning something. Have them in contact with russians across the arctic sea. Have them send inconsistent broadcasts to Our Heroes and have some True Patriot vs. Pragmatists drama. Maybe a multinational military unit drops in and claims to be UN liberators. They help Our Heroes but some folks (who probably have southern accents) are suspicious. Have a pocket episode where a podunk military ship deals with hitting a zombie patch in the ocean. Maybe an army unit rolls up and annihilates a ricktatorship. I want a show where the Zombie War is political and manageable, not just “oh poo poo let’s have the nearest community theatre guy be king now, who wants to duel for Archduke?”

Counterpoint: a lot of soldiers are dumb as hell and would hide bites, especially early on.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

Still never gonna watch 4b.

Goddamn Fear hosed up if hard core TV masochists that watch The Walking Dead can't watch 4B.

I've sad through loving all of Heroes and even early Fear with a laugh and holy poo poo, I just couldn't do it anymore. After Nick, my interest died with Madison as did any hope of them ever getting back on track. Doubly so after such a stupid death and how everyone forgot their character.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I picked up Fear at the start of S3 recently because of this thread. I just hit S04E12 and holy poo poo it is dragging. I don't care any more.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

I picked up Fear at the start of S3 recently because of this thread. I just hit S04E12 and holy poo poo it is dragging. I don't care any more.

Season 3 is so good, then it got ganked Gimpled.

You made it further than I did and I put up a freaking thread for Fear.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Season 4 just makes no sense. Its so loving all over the place. It is so bad. :psyduck:

They tried the non-linear thing and just absolutely gimpled it.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 30, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think I watched it, but I hardly remember anything about it. I think it devolved into Morganquest, mostly

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I'm rewatching the walking dead cause I never made it past season 4 ending when it was airing, and man I forgot how good the Lizzie and Carol episode was. Does it ever get this good again or was this peak walking dead?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Spiteski posted:

I'm rewatching the walking dead cause I never made it past season 4 ending when it was airing, and man I forgot how good the Lizzie and Carol episode was. Does it ever get this good again or was this peak walking dead?

Do you like car chases?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spiteski posted:

Nope. That was peak post season 1 Walking Dead. The last time TWD even remotely approached a difficult subject and handled it well.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I almost referenced the following scene from those two bad seasons of this bad show on the phone with my parent's internet service provider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRecNjQ6UM

Asked why my parents are getting charged $110 bucks a month for 25 Mbps when Verizon offers 100 Mbps for $40 and Comcast offers 1000 Mbps for $90. The woman was kind and shocked so I went into understanding mode (plus the issue is far from her fault and my friends work in customer service so being mad at them is terribad). While trying to pull up the account and see why the website won't show us other plans she remarked that the account may be unable to pull up that system because it's drawing from a plan so old the system isn't recognizing it.

The company, like all cable companies, is a lot like when Negan when he lords over broken spirit Rick.

"In case you haven’t caught on, I just slipped my dick down your throat, and you thanked me for it."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Spiteski posted:

Please post your thoughts as you binge through the seasons. :allears:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Please post your thoughts as you binge through the seasons. :allears:

Alright, I've kind of smashed out the first part of Season 5 so up until episode 5 I'll have to be brief but I'll put my thoughts for other episodes.
So far though Abraham just found out that the scientist is a liar which... c'mon, did anyone really believe this guy? This whole sideplot feels like a cartoon cast.
This Eugoon guy is fantastic though. "I do not know a T Brook Ellis but I read one of his books and I feel like he'd really like my Tennessee top hat".
Terminus was amazing as hell. Carol is loving intense now jesus.
Bob's tainted meat scene was baller, I remember reading that in the comics way back when and am really glad that scene was in the book. Lame that they killed him off so the black pastor could join the cast. He's way less interesting so far imho.
I'm a bit peeved that this is the 2nd or third episode since Daryl turned back to [DON'T KNOW WHAT] cliffhanger and have had gently caress all progression since there. Guessing it's something to do with this rape-hospital that Beth is stuck in and that Carol just came into unconscious. I'm hopeful Carol is just pulling a fast one to go Terminus on these clown cops and dodgy docs. Probably time to restock the ranks with some redshirts that can die for us.

Also yay my homegirl Keisha Castle-Hughes playing Joan. That was a kind of messed up story but seeing a kiwi actor was nice. She must have put in a good word to get Cliff Curtis for FTWD.

Just starting episode 6 now which looks to be a "How Carol went from 95% to 105%, the story". Check back in later.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That was my favourite season.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do you like car chases?

I don't know if it'd cut right but now I want to make an image of the zoom on on Rick's face, then a zoom in on Lord Humongous or Immortan Joe, then the zoom in on Negan's face, then the zoom in on Reb Brown from Space Mutiny in the golf cart. Maybe some fast in the furious "zoom in driving intensifies" shots

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I already did that but it will take me a bit to find it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/hyEBDtg.gifv

Nevermind that was quicker than I thought

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Space mutiny hard to mix because the quality is so jarring but also because nothing to mix on walking dead side when he does the scream and bail

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I completely forgot about the 15mph car chase

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

:perfect:
No...words...they should have sent...a poet...

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

moist turtleneck posted:

In a different thread this would be goldmineble. :ck5:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Cactus posted:

That was my favourite season.

This van should have landed on it's roof.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 5, 2019

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Goddamn Fear hosed up if hard core TV masochists that watch The Walking Dead can't watch 4B.

I even defended the first two seasons - lovely writing and all. It had it's flaws but I kind of liked watching it better than the main show. I loved season 3 and definitely liked watching it better than the main show.

S4 took everything I liked about the first 3 seasons and fed it into a shredder so there was nothing to cushion the lovely writing towards the mid-season and episodes 7 and 8 were just too loving terrible for me to continue. It's irrefutable proof that Gimple is the problem. Yeah, AMC is cheap, but that does not excuse Gimple because Dave Erickson was able to produce demonstrably better content in the same position as showrunner. He got out to a rougher start, but he learned and adapted. Gimple can't adapt and won't take criticism, and it's a drat shame that we lost the showrunner that actually gave a gently caress what viewers thought.

EDIT: Oh hey apparently it's been confirmed that Dwight is crossing over to FTWD

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

I even defended the first two seasons - lovely writing and all. It had it's flaws but I kind of liked watching it better than the main show. I loved season 3 and definitely liked watching it better than the main show.

S4 took everything I liked about the first 3 seasons and fed it into a shredder so there was nothing to cushion the lovely writing towards the mid-season and episodes 7 and 8 were just too loving terrible for me to continue. It's irrefutable proof that Gimple is the problem. Yeah, AMC is cheap, but that does not excuse Gimple because Dave Erickson was able to produce demonstrably better content in the same position as showrunner. He got out to a rougher start, but he learned and adapted. Gimple can't adapt and won't take criticism, and it's a drat shame that we lost the showrunner that actually gave a gently caress what viewers thought.

EDIT: Oh hey apparently it's been confirmed that Dwight is crossing over to FTWD

Well said.

Also :lol: the actors should have Feared the Walking Dead, it's cast got so large they're taking over the spin-off show

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Lol Beth. Lol Dawn.
What the even gently caress that arc? That was shaping up to be a pretty fun Governer 2.0 until it didn't.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It cannot be overstated how bad Season 4 of Fear is. Especially the back half. Holy poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Killing meth Johnny Depp was a bad move.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
He wanted out after he saw the new scripts and showrunner lol

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

moist turtleneck posted:

He wanted out after he saw the new scripts and showrunner lol

:haw: well then, good on him.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

This episode with Maggie and Carol getting taken hostage was a middling affair until Carol broke free and were Carolminator on everyone. Looks like the first time she has felt bad about it after the fact though. Burning the dudes was messed up.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The episodes of Fear S4 that I watched was so bad compared to S3 that it had to have been intentional sabotage.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

CODChimera posted:

The episodes of Fear S4 that I watched was so bad compared to S3 that it had to have been intentional sabotage.

Maybe Gimple is Darabont's secret son and he hopes destroying the show will allow him to have a relationship.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spiteski posted:

Lol Beth. Lol Dawn.
What the even gently caress that arc? That was shaping up to be a pretty fun Governer 2.0 until it didn't.

My forever nitpick about Beth's death that was so drowning in stupid that it goes unnoticed: She shoots Beth under the chin and Beth's bullet hole is in the top of her head. They literally repeat this same gaffe when Coach Tyreese is dying.

I think originally they had a better death for her where she was executed (hence the downward angle gunshot wound effect) and then just said 'gently caress it suicide by cop for no reason :lol:'

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Tyreese died off-camera though?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McTimmy posted:

Tyreese died off-camera though?

No he died in the longest most boring high school student art short film episode ever made

- He lacked the sense to push over a kid zombie
- He immediately started tripping
- Noah took like 45 minutes to run 200 feet to get help
- Not one person thought about taking his arm off, his bite wasn't even lethal

Spiteski posted:

This episode with Maggie and Carol getting taken hostage was a middling affair until Carol broke free and were Carolminator on everyone. Looks like the first time she has felt bad about it after the fact though. Burning the dudes was messed up.

The number of people who wanted guilt ridden pacifist Carol are exactly 1 and their initials are SG

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 14, 2019

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha. Did you hear Troy is going to be back on Fear?

They killed his entire support dynamic of Madison and Nick, then beat him to death with a hammer at Gimple's request, and now Gimple is resurrecting him for the 5th season.

It can't be a flashback, right? The only person that would remember him is Alicia and she had like no contact with Troy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm really dreading the Vanilla TWD flashbacks coming soon to explain the weird back scars

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm really dreading the Vanilla TWD flashbacks coming soon to explain the weird back scars

My money is on kidney transplant!

The truth is that I don't care! Literally rolled my eyes when they framed that shot like "HEY ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO WONDER ABOUT THESE SCARS HMMMMM????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hahaha. Did you hear Troy is going to be back on Fear?

They killed his entire support dynamic of Madison and Nick, then beat him to death with a hammer at Gimple's request, and now Gimple is resurrecting him for the 5th season.

It can't be a flashback, right? The only person that would remember him is Alicia and she had like no contact with Troy.

For all we know, it could just be a flashback to the dam at the end of S3 to show what happened to El Salvidad after the dam explosion and Troy's 'return' is just him showing up to play his corpse or a hallucination mocking Daniel.

Like I said, I'd be fine if it turns out Troy's got a harder skull tha an expected, and Troy and El Salvidad team up as murder bros against the Proctors (Nick was adamant Troy's dead brother was the one at fault for the herd attack that resulted in Ofelia dying) or something crazy like that.