Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sanguinia posted:

While I wait for somebody other than Pat to produce content.

This has already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MonsterEnvy posted:

This has already happened.

I mean, like, currently. Over the next couple days.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

I mean, like, currently. Over the next couple days.

Both Matt and Woolie released a video yesterday

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Liam also has been doing The Quiet Man with Matt and boy that game does not make any more sense with the sound on

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 30, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Liam also has been doing The Quiet Man with Matt and boy that game does not make any more sense with the sound on

It is in fact
worse

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My post originally mentioned that they played it without sound first and are now going back again, but I edited it out because I thought I was misremembering. I went back to the first video to confirm and it had sound so I figured I was incorrect. But then I remembered that, oh wait, The Quiet Man just has sound for some loving reason during the first cutscene and only the first one and it fooled me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GamerMage posted:

I had never heard of this before, it's actually pretty good.
yep it's not bad, surprisingly! a lot of "ridiculous expectations put upon a person" type of story, but with a twist!

Andrast posted:

Both Matt and Woolie released a video yesterday
and the woolie stuff has been excellent! the matt stuff was okay too!!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Guess who won Scrub Quote of the Year:

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1080142796038656005

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Oh boy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Huh first time he's doing a recent modern one. This should be interesting.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I've never clicked like on a video so fast before.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did Matt ever do a What Happun with Spore? Cause I need a Wha Happun with Spore.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

22 minutes is a long time to say "Bethesda is a lovely company that hates Fallout and its fans", but :munch: either way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Did Matt ever do a What Happun with Spore? Cause I need a Wha Happun with Spore.

I'd like Clive Barker's Jericho.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Capn Beeb posted:

22 minutes is a long time to say "Bethesda is a lovely company that hates Fallout and its fans", but :munch: either way.

Seemed a little unfair for him to skip the entire Elder Scrolls series up to Oblivion when talking about Bethesda. I didn't know just how big a clusterfuck 76 had turned out to be other than general clusterfuck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I followed the thing fairly closely because I love drama like that, so I had heard pretty much everything in the video. :/

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This is one of matt's weaker video's because the interesting part of his "what happun" series is the behind the scenes drama, not the crappiness of the game itself. This fallout 76 part just focuses on the latter, not the former.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Matt barely gives a poo poo about Bethesda games so I can't imagine his video says anything that anyone who cares about them doesn't already know.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Monaghan posted:

This is one of matt's weaker video's because the interesting part of his "what happun" series is the behind the scenes drama, not the crappiness of the game itself. This fallout 76 part just focuses on the latter, not the former.

Matt released this video way too early. He said himself that the Nuka Dark Rum controversy was happening as he was making it. And there's 100% going to be more scandals about it down the line.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Matt released this video way too early. He said himself that the Nuka Dark Rum controversy was happening as he was making it. And there's 100% going to be more scandals about it down the line.
He could make a part 2 in several months if he wanted.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's the conflict of any journalist; you can try to get the whole story out ASAP while it's red hot, or do a full investigation and risk striking when the iron's frosty.

I expected the latter like all his other whu happuns. As said upthread, his best parts are the behind the scene dramas. I came in with that skewed perception that he had behind-the-scene stuff, like a tester or developer's testimony that shed light as to why exactly this product was rushed. Instead, it was a recap of the story so far. The big chungus were a redeeming factor, however.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You can't really answer the question "whu happun?" until the thing's finished happuning.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

New segment should be called "wha happunin'?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yes! Whu Happunin' with all the flops and hilarious mishaps that are currently occurring. Maybe he could get a guest every now and then, and talk about whu happunin' to himself. Should be a fairly regular video, maybe every Tuesday.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
It keep happunin!

https://kotaku.com/fallout-76-starts-off-2019-with-glitched-nukes-1831436569

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I miss FNF/SMS :smith:

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Same. I hope Woolie gets a weekly fight stream going.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hopefully Castle SuperBeast starts monday.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Pat and Woolie are both at MAGFest, so it depends on if they want to record in a hotel bathroom again.

A Renaissance Nerd
Mar 29, 2010
Recording their first episode with poo poo quality in a hotel room would be on brand though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Renaissance Nerd posted:

Recording their first episode with poo poo quality in a hotel room would be on brand though.
CSB 001: "This is going to Suck. Again"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grouchio posted:

CSB 001: "This is going to Suck. Again"

CSB 1: We're Promising Negatives This Time!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

CSB 1: We're Promising Negatives This Time!

CSB 1: Time is a flat circle heavy punch

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CSB 1: Sacrifice Audio Quality For More Time On The Clock

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

CSB 1: We Dug Up Our Baby's Grave

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Something about 'How far will you GO?' as Liam's main phrase in these The Quiet Man streams feels weirdly unsettling.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1082000954919137281?s=19

I don't understand how Liam affords to live streaming for roughly four hours a week

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 6, 2019

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

A job, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He was a QA tester before best friends.