Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Aranan posted:

So, uh, what is the thread title a reference to? My first guess would be Soul Calibur custom characters but that seems a little dated.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think SCVI is unmatched when it comes to “games that make kd nearly make terrible posts no one wants to read”

The big dick big butt fat titty horny energy radiating from that game is more powerful than any of us can handle.

I need to play it more often

me posting nonsense @ 12 am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also Big Dick Energy wasn’t inclusive enough so now everyone has Big Energy no matter what you got.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I can't tell if it's good or bad that I got it right.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
2018 has been a great year for PS4, but I believe 2019 will not be had great. Some gems are gonna release in 2019, but others will be moved/delayed to PS5, so may never seen in 2019, will be used has fuel to sell the PS5 hardware.

I don't think 2019 is going to be had good 2018 for the PS4. My prediction.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also I laughed like an idiot at KD's post so I changed the title to that. Title changes are my favourite perk :D

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
For kiwami, i'd recommend just powering through the main story. the sub stories are kind of dated and if you dive in trying to 100% it you'll be burnt out and wont immediately launch kiwami 2 upon finishing as is most appropriate.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

VideoGames posted:

Also I laughed like an idiot at KD's post so I changed the title to that. Title changes are my favourite perk :D

Don’t encourage me VG!!!

I’m really feeling your Yakuza vibes by the way. Makes me even more excited to start Kiwami soon! You blasted right through that one, I expected it to take you longer. I knew you would fall in love with the series in general. It has that streak of genuine silly kindness you seem to really appreciate in games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I missed the original post and also constantly confuse this thread for the chat thread so I figured it was related to Bowsette somehow

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m actually curious as to what Soma easy mode actually does because it’s incredibly hard to actually hit a fail state in that game in the first place and even when you do it just starts you a few minutes back.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

I’m actually curious as to what Soma easy mode actually does because it’s incredibly hard to actually hit a fail state in that game in the first place and even when you do it just starts you a few minutes back.

Tells the player it's not scary in a meta sense to alleviate anxiety.

In game. Not much cause....like you said.

(Its a good thing cause more people will play)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think what it does is greatly raise the threshold needed for monsters to aggro. In the normal game if a monster has LOS to you or you make a bit of noise they will come after you, in safe mode they will mind their own business unless you really go out of your way to get in their face.

Presumably the places where a monster is scripted to chase you as part of the story are unchanged.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

If you get really close to a monster it hits you, you get knocked down, get back up, and the monster ignores you unless you get really close again.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
looking for a headset recommendation after my Playstation Gold headset broke at the hinge. drat thing still works but it helped me realize just how cheaply it's made.

I bought the Steelseries Arctis 7's as replacements but was disappointed to discover they have two annoying functionality differences from the PS Gold's. If someone can tell me how to change this through settings or something I'll happily keep them because they sound great and are very comfortable.

First: when I turn them off the PS audio doesn't automatically switch back to outputting through the TV, so I have to manually enable disable game audio output through headset whenever I want tv audio as opposed to it just auto-switching when I turn on/off the headphones.

Second: the "Chatmix" mixer dial for blending voice/game audio doesn't seem to work on PS4 and I can't find any support information on how to make it work, it seems like maybe it just isn't supported on PS4 and only works when using them for PC? Super annoying as that was one of my favorite features of the gold's and I used the physical game/chat mix buttons very regularly.

would love any advice or recommendation of a headset that has a working mix dial and isn't a compromise in functionality over the Gold's at an increased price.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

VideoGames posted:

I just finished Kiwami two days ago and I do absolutely love Majima everywhere.

However I too am a little confused at just how different a character he is between 0 and Kiwami. I would like a 0.5 which goes into more depth at how he becomes the Mad Dog because currently, with these two games under my belt, they are completely different characters to me.

4 and 5 give you all the explanation you need for Majima’s change to make sense. Remember that 0 is a prologue, and most of the intended audience when they were developing it would be assumed to be playing it after 5.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MMD3 posted:

looking for a headset recommendation after my Playstation Gold headset broke at the hinge. drat thing still works but it helped me realize just how cheaply it's made.

I bought the Steelseries Arctis 7's as replacements but was disappointed to discover they have two annoying functionality differences from the PS Gold's. If someone can tell me how to change this through settings or something I'll happily keep them because they sound great and are very comfortable.

First: when I turn them off the PS audio doesn't automatically switch back to outputting through the TV, so I have to manually enable disable game audio output through headset whenever I want tv audio as opposed to it just auto-switching when I turn on/off the headphones.

Second: the "Chatmix" mixer dial for blending voice/game audio doesn't seem to work on PS4 and I can't find any support information on how to make it work, it seems like maybe it just isn't supported on PS4 and only works when using them for PC? Super annoying as that was one of my favorite features of the gold's and I used the physical game/chat mix buttons very regularly.

would love any advice or recommendation of a headset that has a working mix dial and isn't a compromise in functionality over the Gold's at an increased price.

I just got the Sony Platinum headset and it’s literally the Golds but way better and has the same features like the mix balance.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
How is Elite Dangerous these days? I played it on PC when it first released and got bored after a while. I picked it up for a song on PS4 over the holidays. It's that or Darkest Dungeon, or, hell, FFXV which I've been putting off for years?

I've just finished God of War and I fear the hole in my heart may be too large to fill.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Ben Nerevarine posted:

How is Elite Dangerous these days? I played it on PC when it first released and got bored after a while. I picked it up for a song on PS4 over the holidays. It's that or Darkest Dungeon, or, hell, FFXV which I've been putting off for years?

I've just finished God of War and I fear the hole in my heart may be too large to fill.

I just got Elite as well so I'd love to hear experience stories from others.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

VideoGames posted:

I wish I could change the thread title to : Sony PlayStation 4: Title changes are my favourite perk :D

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Really don't read this unless you've fully beaten Nier: Automata

Can someone explain the math of Nier:Automata's ending. The credit screen fight is designed to be nearly impossible without help, and I used up five people's data when accepting their help. If I were to give my help, I would be helping one person, but the number of helps in storage has been decreased by five just to get a return of one help. So if it takes five save files worth of help to generate one help, then how do we have any helps left to use?

There are only two solutions:

1. Each deleted save file can help more than once, in which case we already have enough deleted helper save files, and there is no reason to delete your save.
2. The game is lying.

What am I missing?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Human Crouton posted:

Really don't read this unless you've fully beaten Nier: Automata

Can someone explain the math of Nier:Automata's ending. The credit screen fight is designed to be nearly impossible without help, and I used up five people's data when accepting their help. If I were to give my help, I would be helping one person, but the number of helps in storage has been decreased by five just to get a return of one help. So if it takes five save files worth of help to generate one help, then how do we have any helps left to use?

There are only two solutions:

1. Each deleted save file can help more than once, in which case we already have enough deleted helper save files, and there is no reason to delete your save.
2. The game is lying.

What am I missing?

It’s 1 and the reason is because it's the right thing to do.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Just finished Spider-man last night and had a good ol' time. Has anyone tried the DLC yet and if so is it worth the price tag?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Commissar Ken posted:

Just finished Spider-man last night and had a good ol' time. Has anyone tried the DLC yet and if so is it worth the price tag?

It sounds like each DLC chapter is 3 hours so we’re looking at $25 for 9 hours. I think I’ll wait for a sale.

I’m kinda pissed they teased Black Cat so much in the main game... and then she doesn’t even show up!

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

What am I missing?

That if you don't delete you're a loving monster

(also take another look at what 2B talks about at the very beginning of the opening, the choice is the last part of the game's narrative and the player's reaction to that, what they choose and why, is infinitely more important than whether or not the math checks out)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Commissar Ken posted:

Seems like it has mixed reviews. I enjoyed it but the story is not going to grab you like the main game. I think it comes down to how much you want to keep playing in general.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean that’s true, but in SOMA’s case there did not need to be monsters that can hurt you. It’s a very small portion of the game where you can be attacked. The vast majority of the game is puzzle solving and story/listening to audio logs.

acksplode posted:

Yeah the puzzles and story are what make SOMA great. The monsters can actually undercut their appeal. I put SOMA down around midgame because there was a scary monster patrolling an area with a bunch of logs I wanted to read. The monster had me very stressed but I refused to move on without reading everything. I started playing a less stressful game and still haven't gone back to finish.

seems like people, if given the opportunity, will complain. about. anything.

Tei posted:

2018 has been a great year for PS4, but I believe 2019 will not be had great. Some gems are gonna release in 2019, but others will be moved/delayed to PS5, so may never seen in 2019, will be used has fuel to sell the PS5 hardware.

I thought 2018 was pretty average, actually. The number of homogenous AAA open-world fetchers rocking it in the mold of 2001 smash hit Grand Theft Auto 3 was pretty exhausting both to play and to think about. 2019 looks like it'll have a more idiosyncratic roster of experiences which is more my speed. Ghost of Tsushima looks the most standardized of the pack, but a lot of the games on the 2019 docket look weird enough to wash that generic open-world taste away.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So psn from ps4 search is the regular keyboard now and inexplicably works. Not sure when this happened cause usually use the app.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m roughly 2/3 of the way through Spider-Man now. It would be my GOTY if not for Red Dead.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

VideoGames posted:

Don't be discouraged by others forums not doing this. Is the right thing.

I use to be part of a forum that did this in 2001, is great. Life desperatelly need people that know to live to the max.

Have fun.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

So psn from ps4 search is the regular keyboard now and inexplicably works. Not sure when this happened cause usually use the app.

they changed the search a while back.

Tei posted:

2019 is going to be the best year ever for Kingdom Hearts 3 alone, but we've also got The Last of Us Part 2, Tsushima, and Sekiro coming out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

morallyobjected posted:

they changed the search a while back.

2019 is going to be the best year ever for Kingdom Hearts 3 alone, but we've also got The Last of Us Part 2, Tsushima, and Sekiro coming out

Tlou2/tsushima have no dates. Id bet 2020.

The only confirmed sony game is days gone
Kojima is hinting that 2019 is death strandings year tho too and there was some retailer leak of it being q2 but idk if that was a hoax.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

morallyobjected posted:

Micky Mouse should be in the public domain already, gently caress Disney.

The others can be fun... for the people that are into these things, I think.

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 3, 2019

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m roughly 2/3 of the way through Spider-Man now. It would be my GOTY if not for Red Dead.

The chase missions in Spider-Man (and every open world game) can suck my balls until the end of time. I quit Infamous because of them and they’re really pushing me in Spider-Man. I can ignore the random ones but the forced story ones :argh:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
RE 7 Biohazard at 15 bucks is itching my trigger finger pretty hard, although I’m in no rush to play it and I feel like it’s got future PS Plus offering written all over it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

RE 7 Biohazard at 15 bucks is itching my trigger finger pretty hard, although I’m in no rush to play it and I feel like it’s got future PS Plus offering written all over it.

Get it, it's great

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love posts where people rationalize not buying a game they want because it may or may not be a free ps plus game before the end of time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What capcom games have been free this gen?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Orchestrated Mess posted:

FYI, you can get Amplitude on PS4 as well as Fallen Legion if you “purchase” them from the PS store via a non-console browser.

Worked for me, buy it from your PC

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

I love posts where people rationalize not buying a game they want because it may or may not be a free ps plus game before the end of time.

Hey buddy, I’m on a budget after the holidays. Those 15 gamerbux are it for the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's 15 bux well spent.