Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Harvey Mantaco posted:

It has been harvested for eviling up my heretic poo poo, sorry!

No worries, just figured I’d ask. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

That blue really pops, we're you going for an anodised steel look? It's awesome

It could be interpreted as such, I was mostly just trying to make a blue I liked rather then any kind of grand idea.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Cross postin' the bird family photo:

Here's everything I painted since June 2018, finishing the last three intercessors (bar transfers) over the holiday.

The company grows!

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

guardsmenquest sequel looking good

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I dislike the titan pretty hard there, it makes no thematic sense. It's like putting a dozen murals of from an American history 101 textbook on an aircraft carrier.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

moths posted:

It's like putting a dozen murals of from an American history 101 textbook on an aircraft carrier.
...which would be loving AWESOME!!! :murica:

EDIT: j/k, I think it's gaudy as hell too.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don’t like the sum of the parts but I think the granite effect is cool as heck

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cross posting this bad boy:

Zuul the Cat posted:

I've been trying to stay on top of painting while I've had some time off work. Here's what I've done with Mortarion over the last few days.

Base metallics done on this one

Had a full 8 hour painting session on New Years Eve, so I got a ton done.

Really like how the eyes turned out:

Then last night I did part of the wings. The bottom halves are done. I need to do the upper part, but don't have the paints for it.

Still to do: Tons. I need to do the nurglings, the base, the cloth on various parts of Mortarion like the grenades, some slime on the wings and some more metallic bits. I also need to add some rust and grime in the pock marks on his armor.

I think up next I'll paint up my Foul Blightspawn. That looks like a fun model.

This will be the first model I finish in 2019.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

I dislike the titan pretty hard there, it makes no thematic sense. It's like putting a dozen murals of from an American history 101 textbook on an aircraft carrier.

It reminds me of the Union Terminal Murals at the Cincinnati Museum.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don’t like the sum of the parts but I think the granite effect is cool as heck

Agreed. That marbling on the head would look amazing on a ton of stuff. Would love to know that technique.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

40k imagery works best when you expect the thing to be sprayed onto the side of a Led Zeppelin fan's van. This titan just leans into that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

R0ckfish posted:

It could be interpreted as such, I was mostly just trying to make a blue I liked rather then any kind of grand idea.

A great success I'd say. Love seeing non rusty orc stuff

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Agreed. That marbling on the head would look amazing on a ton of stuff. Would love to know that technique.

I posted my marbling technique that I used on my AoS guys somewhere this thread or the AoS one - the warlord has had something similar done.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hello, 40k Thread. The 30k Thread has begun its annual descent into madness with some very strong toxxes this year. Feel free to join in, we're actually tracking things for once! I swear!

Safety Factor posted:

Official 2019 30k Thread :toxx: Post

This year, we've decided to do things a little differently and keep a wide range of options open for toxxers. Three fast attack choices will be the main theme for the year as we feel those units are underrepresented compared to things like vets and dreadnoughts. However, folks are free to toxx as they please as shown in the previous posts by actual insane people.

For anyone lacking imagination, please feel free to pick from the following suggestions:
  • Three Fast Attack units
  • 1500 points of Adeptus Titanicus
  • An actual 28mm Titan

Seriously, poke your head in and see what some people have already toxxed. It's nuts.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah honestly that titan kinda sucks. It's not even original art, just a series of copies of other pieces

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hustlin Floh posted:

Yeah honestly that titan kinda sucks. It's not even original art, just a series of copies of other pieces

The individual parts are impressive but as a whole it's pretty ugly

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part is how it has a giant mural of the Aquilla lander, which is just a transport shuttle.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Safety Factor posted:

Hello, 40k Thread. The 30k Thread has begun its annual descent into madness with some very strong toxxes this year. Feel free to join in, we're actually tracking things for once! I swear!

Seriously, poke your head in and see what some people have already toxxed. It's nuts.

I look forward to banning folks who don't even post into February again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hustlin Floh posted:

My favorite part is how it has a giant mural of the Aquilla lander, which is just a transport shuttle.

It's like an aircraft carrier with a jeep painted on it

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
e: yeah I'll just Google that for myself, sorry

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 3, 2019

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I love people painting dumb murals on 40k things and think it should be encouraged, but yeah a selected few murals with a muted simple color scheme for the rest would go a long way to making that more readable and showing off the skill.

But, whatever. It's still dumb as hell and it's awesome.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Genghis Cohen posted:

In much the same boat - are you in the UK?

Hey man, my group is finally getting over Blood Bowl fever and returning to its roots as a Necro club. We’re going to be playing Necro as our main focus game until August.

If you find yourself able to shuffle down to London we’ll be able to play a game or several :pedo:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Safety Factor posted:

Here’s mine, anyone else want to match?

:toxx: for 2019:

A conversion consisting of the following criteria:

1) Source bits must be from no less than 5 different models, one can be the “base” of the character/unit.

2) Source bits must also be from at least 3 different faction keywords, however doesn’t need to be evenly distributed.

3) At least one weapon must be uniquely built.

Now the hard part...

4) Must be fully painted and based.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
1) finish my 2500 pt plan for my homebrew chapter, plus the forgeworld model I bought for fun, including weathering and display board, in time for Nova.

2) I will be at Nova.

3) Finally remember which one is Dan and which one is Campbell.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 3, 2019

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Eifert Posting posted:

1) finish my 2500 pt plan for my homebrew chapter, plus the forgeworld model I bought for fun, including weathering and display board, in time for Nova.

2) I will be at Nova.

I hope Beer hears you use the wrong name at Nova and bans you on the spot.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Look at all these lovely opinions about GMM studios fantastic work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope Beer hears you use the wrong name at Nova and bans you on the spot.

Assuming I can go this year. Stupid babies. Stupid family.

Campbell is the one who lifts and is built like a miniature space marine.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Uroboros posted:

Look at all these lovely opinions about GMM studios fantastic work.

The work is skilled - but it's ugly and both defies the setting while raggedy cutting across its grain.

The idea of an individual guardsman or transport lander being immortalized on the carapace of a god titan goes in the face of "...you will not be missed."

These things are revered embodiments of the Machine God. No titan legion would desecrate that with hodge-podge unrelated imagery like it's the MAGAbomber's van.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Reading the internet would lead one to believe that priming my space barbies will result in losses, humiliation, and ugly mans? I live in Colorado and the chances of it being above 60 anytime soon are slim, it is perfectly acceptable to prime with a brush right?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You can prime in a ventilated basement, garage, attic, or even bathroom with the fans on. Just test spraying something inconsequential like a plastic spoon first.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
I've spent most of my life in the upper Midwest. It's totally fine to spray prime outdoors in the 20s.

Spray, then bring them in to dry. Repeat. You won't get crusty models.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ropes4u posted:

Reading the internet would lead one to believe that priming my space barbies will result in losses, humiliation, and ugly mans? I live in Colorado and the chances of it being above 60 anytime soon are slim, it is perfectly acceptable to prime with a brush right?

I've been priming outdoors in NYC this winter, I try to aim for ~50 out, and bring everything back inside as soon as it's coated to dry. So far so good when working in the low 30s (except for the red on my Warglaive armor, both times that came out bumpy but I think I didn't shake it enough or sprayed too close.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 3, 2019

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Eifert Posting posted:

Dan is the one wearing a Walgreens t shirt.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thank you for the suggestions goons! I will spray can prime this weekend.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ropes4u posted:

Thank you for the suggestions goons! I will spray can prime this weekend.

I'd say if you're really concerned obviously you can just hit a couple models and see how it goes, but overwhelmingly I've seen people say as long as you don't leave everything outside and it's not actively raining/snowing on you, you'll be fine.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I guess the Crimson Fists rules leaked?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ANAmal.net posted:

I guess the Crimson Fists rules leaked?

Refuse To Die fuckin' owns, I can see somebody just pulling their hair out over that. Also I think the WD issue is available in stores now so they didn't leak so much as just get scanned?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I'd say if you're really concerned obviously you can just hit a couple models and see how it goes, but overwhelmingly I've seen people say as long as you don't leave everything outside and it's not actively raining/snowing on you, you'll be fine.

Going to try some pox walkers this weekend and see how it goes. Pretty hard to mess up a pox walker anyway...

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ropes4u posted:

I too live in Colorado.

Shake the hell out of your primer. If you're really worried about temperature, put the can in a sink full of warm water and let it warm up again.

Take the toys outside, spray them, bring them back inside. As long as it isn't snowing you should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Ropes4u posted:

If you absolutely cannot spray-prime, then Valejo surface primer works ok brushed on. It won't be as good as spray/airbrush but it will get the job done. Also It will look scary when it's wet but will shrink once dried.