Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Zyla posted:

uh extremely not!!!!

dont even joke

https://i.imgur.com/7EZIoAM.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm salary and they make me stick around 8 hours a day even tough I could get my work done in four. they're stealing time from me :mad:

I hope you gently caress around for the other 4 at least

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/i/status/1080665490257838081

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You get a real tree?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The Snoo posted:

I should invest in a fire extinguisher for our kitchen tbh

be sure to test and familiarize yourself with the equipment before tucking it away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zyla posted:

uh extremely not!!!!

dont even joke

yeah lol throwing water onto an oil fire is a great way to get the water to immediately boil, steam, and then disperse and explode tripling the size of the fire in a split second and then spraying hot flaming oil all over your face

smother fires, don't extinguish them unless it's like an official dedicated extinguisher

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i was looking for that exact gif heh

that show is kinda amazing if you can find clips of it on youtube. its these fish people that have these display houses that people have given up that they film and test and demonstrated common fire hazards and how loving quickly you can die from them

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i'll work, not work, whatever. just pay me, gently caress!

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Dumplings Galore posted:

be sure to test and familiarize yourself with the equipment before tucking it away

P.A.S.S. bitch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol the last time Warren was giving proper campaign stump speeches was like 2008 and I bet a fuckin ton of yall don't remember when she won her senate seat on "there's no such thing as too big to jail"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Zyla posted:

that show is kinda amazing if you can find clips of it on youtube. its these fish people that have these display houses that people have given up that they film and test and demonstrated common fire hazards and how loving quickly you can die from them

https://i.imgur.com/TX38Eya.gifv

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

no need for an extinguisher if you just dont tinguish fires in the first place

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Zyla posted:

what's the show called?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BAE OF PIGS posted:

what's the show called?

mythbusters

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

BAE OF PIGS posted:

P.A.S.S. bitch

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Reality Winter posted:

You get a real tree?

real trees are loving stupid imo

1. gotta buy a new one every year at a high cost
2. For the same cost you can get a fake flame-retardant one that will last basically the rest of your life
3. makes animals sick
4. utterly insane fire hazard
5. huge mess with needles and drying out
6. horrible to put away and to set up

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vikings is extremely good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BAE OF PIGS posted:

what's the show called?

idiocracy

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Kurtofan posted:

Ive got a zit on the eye rimthing, what the poo poo, it hurts

My grandpa always said the only sure fire way to get rid of a stye is to piss in the middle of an intersection while singing, "Stye, Stye, Leave my eye, and go to the next one, who passes by"

Also watch out for piss in the intersection thats how you get those 🤷‍♂️

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
an abc fire extinguisher, should you ever have to fire one (lol) will gently caress poo poo up wherever it hits, but not in the sense of destroying all ur possessions and loved ones and 30 other souls who resided in ur building, just in the sense of gently caress this white goddamn powder that you can't get rid of that PROBABLY doesn't have asbestos in it because why in the hell would they go out of their way

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if you buy a real christmas tree you are honestly a huge piece of poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zyla posted:

2. For the same cost you can get a fake flame-retardant one that will last basically the rest of your life
3. makes animals sick

otoh real trees are the only industry millennials are saving because it's genuine and authentic https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/21/christmas-tree-sales-rose-year-mainly-thanks-millennials/2386577002/

don't even bother with fake trees, just put up a peanuts tree or something imo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zyla posted:

3. makes animals sick

fake tree gets you FAKE SANTA

fake news? :thunk: many sides!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao you water the tree and it doesn’t dry out

goons

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BAE OF PIGS posted:

what's the show called?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFazHHkqNRQ

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Calibanibal posted:

if you buy a real christmas tree you are honestly a huge piece of poo poo

better to get a plastic one and burn it every january

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

euphronius posted:

Vikings is extremely good

The main character always struck me as a hick who immediately threw on a realtree hat and packed a fat lip of cope at the end of every day's shooting.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FAUXTON posted:

Lol the last time Warren was giving proper campaign stump speeches was like 2008 and I bet a fuckin ton of yall don't remember when she won her senate seat on "there's no such thing as too big to jail"

at least shes not biden

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

99% of my few kitchen accidents have been cuts or oil splatter burns, at least

never had a fire except once some oil boiled over onto our electric stove at our old apartment bc I used a too-small pot for deep frying and it kinda made a tiny fire on the burner, but I turned it off and let it burn out

never had an issue with good stoves (gas) which are literally just fire

gently caress electric stoves I'm mad now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

goons

watered trees are still super flammable, it's just a difference of like being able to get out in 90 seconds instead of 30 seconds

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

euphronius posted:

goons

do you know goons??? cmon son

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The Snoo posted:

I hope you gently caress around for the other 4 at least

oh, for sure. theres an entire office on a other floor we lease that is completely empty. i just go there or sit in my car when scrolling through my phone is too obvious and people are walking by

there is no hr and i have one supervisor who doesn't keep tabs on me cuz i get my poo poo done. the friday before xmas, i walked out at 1 and no one noticed. easy peasy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah lol throwing water onto an oil fire is a great way to get the water to immediately boil, steam, and then disperse and explode tripling the size of the fire in a split second and then spraying hot flaming oil all over your face

smother fires, don't extinguish them unless it's like an official dedicated extinguisher

if u can't smother a grease fire pour salt on it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Snoo posted:

I spent like my entire childhood and adolescence with an electric stove and it super freaked me out to go to a gas stove and knowing that there's a pilot light constantly burning up the gasoline feeding into my apartment and that if it ever hosed up it would explode my entire apartment and me with it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

did they mess up their graphic and use the same face for sasse and flake or do they both actually look like exactly the same nondescript white guy

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SKULL.GIF posted:

otoh real trees are the only industry millennials are saving because it's genuine and authentic https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/12/21/christmas-tree-sales-rose-year-mainly-thanks-millennials/2386577002/

don't even bother with fake trees, just put up a peanuts tree or something imo

it's because we want to burn the loving world down op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zyla posted:

3. makes animals sick

i live in oregon though so christmas trees are ten bucks and i cut them down myself

i didnt get one this year because i hate taking down and disposing of them though

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah if the tree is wet it cant be ablaze, which is why thunderstorms never start forest fires

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

we have a nice fake tree we got for cheap (it was a display and on clearance) and I just go to lowes and take some of their free greens and make a vase display of real pine

I wouldn't mind a mini real tree but eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Snoo posted:

99% of my few kitchen accidents have been cuts or oil splatter burns, at least

never had a fire except once some oil boiled over onto our electric stove at our old apartment bc I used a too-small pot for deep frying and it kinda made a tiny fire on the burner, but I turned it off and let it burn out

gently caress electric stoves I'm mad now

ive had an electric stove for the past 5 years and i want to die