Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'll at least confirm getting even level 20 agility is a big help and doesn't take too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
If you get yourself to 50 agility, you'll have unlocked the majority of the important agility shortcuts, have the levels to do most of the quests that award further agility experience bonuses, and have almost doubled the speed your energy regenerates at. You'll also have all but 1 of the grapple points available which is a major advantage in osrs.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
I grinded to graceful right off the bat on this ironman. Way worth it.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Just had a chance to look in my account. I have about 3000 bow strings and almost 10000 flax so someone defiantly had my account. My question is, what should I do with this stuff in my bank to make sure I don't get banned again.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

loudog999 posted:

Just had a chance to look in my account. I have about 3000 bow strings and almost 10000 flax so someone defiantly had my account. My question is, what should I do with this stuff in my bank to make sure I don't get banned again.

You already got your account back and it's in good standing again. They don't really care about that stuff, it's yours now. They would have taken it out already if it was flagged as exploited or whatever.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Sell it bro, you got hacked by a good samaritan who just wanted to leave you with some extra cash $$$

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I forgot to check my flips for a few days and everything I generally use has crashed to the point where If I get really lucky I'll break even

gently caress

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
On the plus side fire runes are poised to crash back down to 30 over the next couple weeks, so if you have extra cash kicking around then you can conceivably double your money.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Shoutouts to Aphraine for the Helwyr tips last night. Was able to get a reliable kill set-up going and went back for a little bit this morning- got a wand drop for 10m. Cheers!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Is anyone else getting weirdness when trying to move to an instance right now? Citadel doesn't want to load.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a way to reclaim and email address attached to a banned account? It appears my account botted a bunch in osrs a few months after I stopped playing.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

Is there a way to reclaim and email address attached to a banned account? It appears my account botted a bunch in osrs a few months after I stopped playing.

You can use the same email for multiple accounts if you add +1 to the email acct name

ie blah+1@gmail.com

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The smithing update is out, and it is good.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Hey fellow gamers I'm back. I used to be Pizza pirate IGN, currently Peg Leg. I bailed from the game around invention (RIp comp cape) but I'm back in OSRS.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Mining and Smithing rework is awesome. Actually makes those 2 skills engaging to do instead of a hellgrindy competitive pain in the rear end.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Update is good. Sold an offhand rune similar for a million gold and made another 26 or so from luminite.

Going to shoot for 99 mining and smithing. Probably going to give up in the 80's though.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I've had 99 mining and smithing for several years now, is there any point in getting whatever the new ores are and smithing whatever the new equipment is?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fishmech posted:

I've had 99 mining and smithing for several years now, is there any point in getting whatever the new ores are and smithing whatever the new equipment is?

craftable 90/92 power armor

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Just started playing Old School, anyone got some good noob resources or quest guides?

in b4 quit now

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Just started playing Old School, anyone got some good noob resources or quest guides?

in b4 quit now

This is really good: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide

It helps you minimize the amount of grinding you do especially early on, because all quests give flat exp rewards which matter a whole lot more the lower your skills are. The Waterfall Quest for example is technically completeable with no skills at all and if done immediately gets you to 30 attack and 30 strength right off the bat, skipping huge amounts of grinding you'd otherwise need to get there. There's lots and lots and lots of quests like this that jump you up a bunch if you do them ASAP.

You also get a lot of movement options real early following that quest list. Spirit Trees and especially the Fairy Ring Network are incredibly important for cutting down on your travel time from place to place. Don't be afraid to drop money on consumables for teleportation (ring of dueling, single use teleport tabs, etc.) either if it saves you a lot of time, because later on you'll be able to make that money back in far less time with higher level stuff.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

This is really good: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide

It helps you minimize the amount of grinding you do especially early on, because all quests give flat exp rewards which matter a whole lot more the lower your skills are. The Waterfall Quest for example is technically completeable with no skills at all and if done immediately gets you to 30 attack and 30 strength right off the bat, skipping huge amounts of grinding you'd otherwise need to get there. There's lots and lots and lots of quests like this that jump you up a bunch if you do them ASAP.

You also get a lot of movement options real early following that quest list. Spirit Trees and especially the Fairy Ring Network are incredibly important for cutting down on your travel time from place to place. Don't be afraid to drop money on consumables for teleportation (ring of dueling, single use teleport tabs, etc.) either if it saves you a lot of time, because later on you'll be able to make that money back in far less time with higher level stuff.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED YOU ARE AMAZING

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

in b4 quit now

I've used this:
https://pastebin.com/0xGyuk5r

Its for ironmen but I think you could still find it useful.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I might throw a month sub on RS3 and hop on mobile for something to do when work is slow. How is the mobile client? I know it's still in beta.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tsurupettan posted:

I might throw a month sub on RS3 and hop on mobile for something to do when work is slow. How is the mobile client? I know it's still in beta.

You can't use the Runescape mobile app yet unless you have a beta invite.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

fishmech posted:

You can't use the Runescape mobile app yet unless you have a beta invite.

Android users can sideload the apk and log in as long as you are subscribing, according to two of my friends doing just that without a beta invite.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

Android users can sideload the apk and log in as long as you are subscribing, according to two of my friends doing just that without a beta invite.

I can now confirm this, and holy poo poo is it fun/convenient.

The mining and smithing rework is also good. Real good.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Twitch prime has another 2 week membership giveaway. Comes with some other swag too that you gotta claim.

Ventus
Oct 6, 2015
Could use some assistance in buying uncut sapphires from the GE in prep for DXP weekend. Need ~60k uncut sapphires. I'm buying 10k right now (buy limit is 1000 per 4 hours), so if 5 other people want to help me out, let me know ASAP.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

OSRS or RS3?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Does OSRS even believe in DXP?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Does OSRS even believe in DXP?

They haven't done any events, because Jagex didn't do bonus xp weekends in Runescape 3 til 2010.

Ventus
Oct 6, 2015
Good point. I'm talking about RS3.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RS3 February 18 patch notes posted:

The Divine-o-matic vacuum is now always lost on death.

Well, RIP Cursed Energy. Now the Wilderness gets even more empty and everyone is just gonna gently caress off to Incandescents. (Unless you didn't touch Divination upon unlocking Invention in which case, sucks to be you!)

Ventus
Oct 6, 2015
Elite dungeon 3 released on the 25th, along with a quest which is inexplicably locked behind it (must complete the EDs to finish the quest). If anyone's down to duo or trio the three EDs, let me know.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

You can do the dungeons in Story mode though, which lowers HP by 50% and damage by 90%. ED1 is still pretty difficult (IMO) if you're not used to bossing but you're less likely to die immediately to something you didn't see coming.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Currently the adventurer's log says our clan kill/death ratio is 0.69

Nice?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
PVP I assume unless we are really pathetic at this game.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Im brokebrained and enjoying OSRS and need a few fine goons to bitch to when I get PK'd at Lava's, what's the clan situation?

E: Speak of the devil...

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 28, 2019

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a button somewhere to bolt my character's feet to the floor unless I explicitly right click -> walk here or something?

I just wasted 75 minutes of my life to have my character leap from his safe spot because a Yt-HurKot was just a single tile too far around the corner and immediately get pasted by Jad's melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I got a Shadow Dye from a Treasure Trail today and sold it for 700M! (the most money I ever had before at one time was 9M, so I splurged on stuff and still have more money than I know what to do with. :toot:

Then, while still in the Grand Exchange, I overheard another player explaining to friends that he wasn't in the mood to play much tonight because he just got back from his 3-month-old son's funeral. :stare:

William Bear fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 11, 2019