Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

kaleedity posted:

oh can I turn avs back on

please do not turn avshalom back on

avatars though yeah you're probably fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

punchymcpunch posted:

rambo only killed two guys in first blood

There was only one death and it was the guy falling out of a helicopter. In the book though, he slaughters a shitload of people

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Destroy my economy to own the libs

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i never thought trump would out himself as a tankie

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ShriekingMarxist posted:

First Blood is a great movie

It really is. I bought the trilogy recently and it's pretty great on every level. Like, as a Stallone movie it's great but if you're a film nerd it's also great.

Now that I think of it I didn't take note of what it says at the end of Rambo III in this release. Are all current versions changed to "people of Afghanistan" or would they maybe have changed it back to the original text?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Nonsense posted:

Destroy my economy to own the libs

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Addamere posted:

is this real

friend, i say to you

TRUMP

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

should be a ban for anyone posting this poo poo comic

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lum_ posted:

friend, i say to you

TRUMP

:vince:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

so its first and second blood, really

well the title refers to the cops provoking him by humiliating him and then trying to murder him, this is the metaphorical "first blood" that is drawn. since theres more than one attack on him of course they also draw second blood BUT in rambo: first blood: part 2 the title refers to.... refers to.... to....

..... the title....

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Basebf555 posted:

It really is. I bought the trilogy recently and it's pretty great on every level. Like, as a Stallone movie it's great but if you're a film nerd it's also great.

Now that I think of it I didn't take note of what it says at the end of Rambo III in this release. Are all current versions changed to "people of Afghanistan" or would they maybe have changed it back to the original text?

i'm not sure if it's actually real

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

I have only seen First Blood

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lum_ posted:

friend, i say to you

TRUMP

Speak TRUMP! then enter

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in the second one rambo pretends to crash his helicopter and pretends to be asleep so the baddie will fly over the hill and see him asleep and be like oh ho ho and fly up close and be like nyeh heh heh and then rambo suddenly sits up and fires a rocket launcher at him AND IT WORKS

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

well the title refers to the cops provoking him by humiliating him and then trying to murder him, this is the metaphorical "first blood" that is drawn. since theres more than one attack on him of course they also draw second blood BUT in rambo: first blood: part 2 the title refers to.... refers to.... to....

..... the title....

"part two" refers to the solids, part 1 was the plasma

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

dont be mean to me posted:

please do not turn avshalom back on

hey gently caress you buddy avs owns

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

punchymcpunch posted:

in the second one rambo pretends to crash his helicopter and pretends to be asleep so the baddie will fly over the hill and see him asleep and be like oh ho ho and fly up close and be like nyeh heh heh and then rambo suddenly sits up and fires a rocket launcher at him AND IT WORKS

wow this rambo guy sounds like some kind of a badass

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

they changed it from "brave mujahideen of afghanistan" to "gallant people of afghanistan" in 2002

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

"part two" refers to the solids, part 1 was the plasma

did they consent to joinder

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

should be a ban for anyone posting this poo poo comic

no u

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1080784843590516736

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

..... the title....

the number 2 refers to the scene where the Vietnamese torture him with a pig poo poo and leech immersion

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the sheriff in first blood is named will teasle, which is objectively a great name

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Avirosb posted:

But seriously, Nobel invented dynamite.
Why are we handing out peace prizes again?

Nobel made the prize due to the massive guilt trip brought on by what dynamite ultimately did (he made it for mining purposes and then people used it for war a lot more). A newspaper accidentally published an obituary of him while he was still alive (it was his brother who died). It referred to him as "the merchant of death" and he decided that wasn't the legacy he wanted to leave behind.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1080813186264285190
https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1080854726625935360

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

dynamite isn't really used much for war though

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Is Nancy Pelosi good or bad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

still one of the funniest things I've seen in film

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SKULL.GIF posted:

brussel sprouts are delicious wtf

how loving degraded is your palate

Well some people are overly sensitive to certain chemicals in dark green leafy vegetables such as broccoli and brussel sprouts that cause them to perceive the taste as more bitter than the way other people taste them

Those people are literally children tho

The sensitivity fades with age, it's why kids hate broccoli

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

the number 2 refers to the scene where the Vietnamese torture him with a pig poo poo and leech immersion

remember when they torture him and the cia radio the secret soviet torture camp and are like "hi we just wanted to check youre torturing him, this is agent murdoch of the cia btw" and then rambo grabs the mic and is like "im gonna beat you up" and murdoch shits his pants

twoday
May 4, 2005

misdirectomy posted:

All politicians are bad, OP

Except AOC, of course :allears:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
DnD realizing that Pelosi is gonna week to work with Republicans is giving me strength this morning

mcmagic posted:

This poo poo isn't what I voted for.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in rambo: first blood: part 2 he rescues john mccain

in james bond: 007: the living daylights he rescues osama bin laden

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

All politicians are bad, OP

Except AOC, of course :allears:

aoc 2024 now

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

misdirectomy posted:

Pelosi is a slay kween

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

white sauce posted:

DnD realizing that Pelosi is gonna week to work with Republicans is giving me strength this morning

ohhhnohowcouldthishavehappened.bmp

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

aoc 2024 now

you have to be at least 60 years old to run for president its the law

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
I think bad but sometimes someone says "uh Nancy Pelosi is actually good " and I don't know what to think

twoday
May 4, 2005

So is congress still going to officially meet and do business with the government being shut down and all, or is it going to be closed door meetings till they reopen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I've been breathing carbon based fuel exhaust all morning and I feel jusrst fibe.