Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Epic High Five posted:

how did Warren respond? this is basically the make or break moment for her likely doomed-by-decorum campaign

There's no response. The only way to win is to not be a dork in the first place. Look at when Trump called Jeb! low energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

even if you're a white person whith native american ancestry, if you have any awareness of the realities of colonialism you'll loving realize that it probably wasn't a happy moment that led to that particular ancestor being created

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Teddybear posted:

Turned on Cspan to catch coverage of the opening of congress and got a guy from arkansas midramble about how since cspan was owned by the cable companies and people with cable pay them then cspan works for them and why aren't they talking about microsoft (since they own msnbc (they don't)) and google (with their search, y'know) filtering out conservatives from results, and twitter even won't let you search for illegal

That's when I closed the browser tab again

this next congress is gonna be the first where you have a truly sizable group of folks w full native proficiency at internet poo poo mixed w a large contingent of people who never touch a computer (not counting making a phone call or txt) and never have

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

white sauce posted:

I think warren is an implicit white supremacist and a neoliberal idiot shill so I’m calling her Pocahontas from the left.

gently caress her for trying to prove her white, privileged pasty rear end is actually part of the few surviving native Americans

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

how did Warren respond? this is basically the make or break moment for her likely doomed-by-decorum campaign

"actually, mr president, sir, my dna sample contains five genetic segments, spanning 12.3 million dna bases, which are "native american in origin.,", sir"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:(

Serf
May 5, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

i guess it would be kind of funny to have a pres from rhode island but that’s as funny as he gets dude is a boring rear end centrist nerd

hey, georgia got jimmy carter. how much worse could whitehouse be?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

and people say foraging isn't a viable way to maintain a modern lifestyle

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

i think like 2/3 of the white people i've ever met have tried to claim native american ancestry lol

sounds like you must live near oklahoma

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Trump roasting Warren is especially great when you think back to the correspondents dinner and remember that an actual comedian got in hot water for making a joke at Shuck's expense.

The left and right are both just going to lol at Trump unceremoniously dropping a bomb on Warren.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

D&D posters are slipping between the steel slats of our glorious Wall and making GBS threads up my favorite thread

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

help i'm laughing unironically at a trump tweet

did the universe collapse or something, am i dead

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

dont be mean to me posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

im not actually happy you're worried about that. it is the trump thread

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

white sauce posted:

I think warren is an implicit white supremacist and a neoliberal idiot shill so I’m calling her Pocahontas from the left.

gently caress her for trying to prove her white, privileged pasty rear end is actually part of the few surviving native Americans

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

NofrikinfuN posted:

Trump roasting Warren is especially great when you think back to the correspondents dinner and remember that an actual comedian got in hot water for making a joke at Shuck's expense.

The left and right are both just going to lol at Trump unceremoniously dropping a bomb on Warren.

I'm already seeing people who are VERY offended by this

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

sounds like you must live near oklahoma

from what i understand this applied anywhere. down here all these people claim cherokee or creek ancestry. i reckon its the same no matter where you go, just different tribes

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

campfire posted:

D&D posters are slipping between the steel slats of our glorious Wall and making GBS threads up my favorite thread

build a wall around dnd

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
any white person that grasps onto IQ as a means to measure aptitude is inherently racist and should immediately be ignored.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

The only way she's not :fork: is if she tweets "Suck my dick you fuckman" and even then she'll probably still lose.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't believe donald trump murdered elizabeth warren!!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the warren thing should be an opportunity to confront folk myths about genetics and "race" but warren is a ham fisted succ fail

the CFPB was a good idea though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1080870548115243009

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Schnorkles posted:

build a wall around dnd

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

campfire posted:

I don’t think any are good people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Warren is an excellent legal historian who writes well I guess

Serf
May 5, 2011

Louisgod posted:

any white person that grasps onto IQ as a means to measure aptitude is inherently racist and should immediately be ignored.

iq is the dumbest poo poo imaginable. imagine trying to measure intelligence on some universal scale as if humans aren't insanely complicated

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im part creek

the ditch, not the tribe

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

must be nice to have a low IQ and not have a job stephan

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

campfire posted:

they're not sending their best.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Louisgod posted:

have you heard chuck schumer got a perfect score on the SAT

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

sardoz come back and justify your Biden fetish.

lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

when is the calipers campaign video coming out

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

campfire posted:

Should have seen it coming the moment we didn't get to use the R word.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Louisgod posted:

IQ is only valid for diagnosing disabilities in conjunction with other observations

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There is no such thing as being a certain percent of a particular race. DNA tests are based on samples which often exclude marginalized minority populations. They are not scientific and they are not accurate. It was a mistake for her to take one and release the results.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Louisgod posted:

it's pretty funny that people use a test designed to detect down's syndrome in turn of the century french children as a general measure of intelligence

Serf
May 5, 2011

campfire posted:

have you heard chuck schumer got a perfect score on the SAT

the stupid rear end test

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Mayor Dave posted:

It's precisely because it's a racist attack that it's so effective, imagine what two years of Warren screaming that she's not owned will do to public perception of her

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum posted:

There is no such thing as being a certain percent of a particular race. DNA tests are based on samples which often exclude marginalized minority populations. They are not scientific and they are not accurate. It was a mistake for her to take one and release the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Warren is an excellent legal historian who writes well I guess

too bad formal qualifications are a hindrance to gaining office now

she's got like, 10 minutes to tweet about how trump is a pisshog moron with a lovely rapidly decaying brain