Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are in Video Game limbo try playing the video game Limbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I have one Amiibo, an archer Link that's on my desk hutch. That's enough.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The trainers have customizable outfits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s46efcroQ0

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

Smash DLC incoming?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I did a survey a long time ago to help with a study, and because of it, I am about to receive a $25 Amazon.com gift card (I assume it's for .com and not .ca, but I haven't received it yet. Person sending is in California, I'm in Canada). I'm curious as to what I could get that's that expensive or cheaper?

EDIT: Oh, wow, Amazon's filtering options are incredible and flexible. Looks like I'm getting a carrying case. Any recommendations?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 3, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I did a survey a long time ago to help with a study, and because of it, I am about to receive a $25 Amazon.com gift card (I assume it's for .com and not .ca, but I haven't received it yet. Person sending is in California, I'm in Canada). I'm curious as to what I could get that's that expensive or cheaper?

You're probably asking about a game, but I'm still going to recommend the satisfye grip. Nintendo should just make that an official piece of hardware.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

KingSlime posted:

Agreed, children's toys or other collectibles on display always looks tacky as hell to me. That said, live y'alls life however you want, what do I care

I'm in video game limbo, you guys. I just don't want to play anything, even though I have red dead 2, smash, mhgu, and HZD to get through. How do you all fix this??

I want to want to play more games :sigh:

You 30 yet? It's called getting old. I'm suffering the same thing. I'm sitting at the middle of Epilogue II in RDR2 and simply can't be hosed to finish it. I just bought Alien Isolation on sale and strangely, it has me kinda hooked -- probably because it's a drat walking simulator so far. Amplitude is currently free on PS+ and is awesome, but I am a heavily-biased music game junkie.

Tetris Effect was made for us olds. I greatly enjoy the Picross games (Picross S on Switch) precisely because I'm old. Those are only good for a couple of days, though, or maybe a week if you've never played a Picross game before.

enojy fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 3, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You're probably asking about a game, but I'm still going to recommend the satisfye grip. Nintendo should just make that an official piece of hardware.

I was actually looking at this just now. I assume this is worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Ult...ndo+switch+grip

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Satisfye grip is 10000000000000% worth it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was actually looking at this just now. I assume this is worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/Satisfye-Ult...ndo+switch+grip

Yeah. It's really, really comfortable. The right grip is especially nice and keeps my hand from cramping. Not as portable as some grips, but it's great if you're playing around the house or can pack it somewhat safely on a trip. Don't know that I'd use it for something like a bus ride though. It also slides on and off rather than snapping/gripping like some other models, so it's really easy to put on and off when you're switching between handheld and docked.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

enojy posted:

I greatly enjoy the Picross games (Picross S on Switch) precisely because I'm old. Those are only good for a couple of days, though, or maybe a week if you've never played a Picross game before.

Hell yeah

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Aaaaand it doesn't ship to Canada. Welp. I'm definitely going to pick one up sometime, though. Thanks for the info!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Aaaaand it doesn't ship to Canada. Welp. I'm definitely going to pick one up sometime, though. Thanks for the info!

The official website does

https://satisfye.com/products/pro-gaming-elite-bundle

I got the elite bundle, best case and grip on the market.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Xaris posted:

I dont want to poo poo this up with deals, but GameStop is having an actual good Digital Download sale. Mario Kart 8, Octopath, Splatoon 2, Hyrule Warriors for $42 no tax. If you're like me and wanted to pickup all 4 of those games Digitally, now is a good option! Seems a lot of these deals go quickly.

Target matched these prices for physical copies and Walmart has them digitally also.

I almost always have issues buying games digitally from GameStop, this morn I bought Splatoon 2 but never got the code via email and then the order was canceled a few hours later.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

trdn89 posted:

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive, been seemingly stuck on the west US coast for days now :mad:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
My prize possessions are my girl and boy inkling and my wedding Bowser amiibos. They are my friends.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

bushisms.txt posted:

The official website does

https://satisfye.com/products/pro-gaming-elite-bundle

I got the elite bundle, best case and grip on the market.

It ships from China so be prepared to wait. Then again I ordered during the holidays like a dum dum.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trdn89 posted:

I ended up buying one too and it really is pretty great. It's basically just a simple piece of plastic but it works great and is very comfortable to hold. I can play portable smash without ruining my hands now :toot:

my only complaint about it is that it smells really plastic-y but I'm also sensitive to those smells so maybe it's just me, and I'm sure that'll fade

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Your Computer posted:

:

my only complaint about it is that it smells really plastic-y but I'm also sensitive to those smells so maybe it's just me, and I'm sure that'll fade

Lol I'll just say i haven't noticed a smell with mine.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Super No Vacancy posted:

apparently double dragon II was a kunio game in japan that got rebranded for the west? like mario 2 style?

no way, i have insane nostalgia for DD2 on NES and have never heard of this.

anyone remember the double dragon animated series?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i have a few amiibos imprisoned in jars hanging from a shelf, like a personal stash of zelda fairies

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
is there a known issue with joycons just randomly losing sync? this happens to me a lot (which is hella annoying during Smash), unless they're hooked to the Switch itself, but it's not like I have it tucked behind a bunch of poo poo or anything--it's out in the open. it's right next to my TV, so would it help if it were a little farther away?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

morallyobjected posted:

is there a known issue with joycons just randomly losing sync? this happens to me a lot (which is hella annoying during Smash), unless they're hooked to the Switch itself, but it's not like I have it tucked behind a bunch of poo poo or anything--it's out in the open. it's right next to my TV, so would it help if it were a little farther away?

It's happened to me too.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

morallyobjected posted:

Lately it does this every time I use the switch. It always seems to happen within the first 30 minutes of play. The game randomly pauses and asks me to press the bumpers and then it’s fine from that point on. It’s not a huge deal but I’m glad I’m not alone.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I think first gen joycons had that and the solution was to put a small sponge or anything to keep a wire from touching the antenna. However a dirty joycon can feel like it's desynced because of lowered responsiveness, to which I'd like to once again propose:

Argue posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Bideo James, The Funny Way to Say "Video Games" > Nintendo Switch: spray contact cleaner under the left analog stick if it's acting up

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Target put Sushi Striker : The Way of Sushido on sale for $27.99. This appears to be a price mistake as only the 3DS version went on sale for $27.99 in the New Year sale that just started.
https://www.target.com/p/sushi-striker-the-way-of-sushido-nintendo-switch/-/A-53481233

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

apparently double dragon II was a kunio game in japan that got rebranded for the west? like mario 2 style?

I dunno, I own the Famicom copy and it looks exactly the same. Maybe you're thinking of something else?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Replacement joystick for my busted left joycon came in today (electric contact cleaner and compressed air didn't help and it only got worse).

Shell swap is complete.

Lefty is 20 times easier than Righty. I was done in 20 minutes, compared to the hour and 15 minutes it took to get Righty sorted.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I still have to repair the latch on my joycons but I still have the one stripped star-screw on the casing. Second broken joycon too--essentially a broken joycon set since you have to buy em in pairs.

I shoulda just asked Nintendo for a replacement, both times :mad:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Please recommend a quality set of Y wing drivers. All the stuff I find turns to putty as soon as torque is applied.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I'm afraid this is just more waggle wiimote stuff. Please tell me i'm wrong.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where's the Wii fit trainer

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

No. 6 posted:

It's more of a fitness app. Well, there is a two-player mode, but the gist is the exercise you do daily. The three day demo that I tried left my arms sore from all that boxing, so I guess it does what it says on the box? I didn't try to game the controls, but why would you do that in the first place?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No. 6 posted:

Based on the demo, it's a dancing game that uses rhythmic punching to distract you from constant motion in your legs, which is where all the real work gets done. Otherwise it's got all the WiiFit trappings (calendars, workouts, music, etc).

The demo actually is pretty good and I'm thinking about grabbing it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Where's the Wii fit trainer

Fitness Boxing only exists because Nintendo is too cowardly to make the Switch Fit game that the world is crying out for

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

No. 6 posted:

Please recommend a quality set of Y wing drivers. All the stuff I find turns to putty as soon as torque is applied.

Wiha, they should have it in both bits and drivers

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Me thinks Nintendo's fitness games died along with the late Iwata. During his time they had a health-driven initiative to build devices that measure your sleep and such, but they were quietly buried.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Me thinks Nintendo's fitness games died along with the late Iwata. During his time they had a health-driven initiative to build devices that measure your sleep and such, but they were quietly buried.

As was Iwata

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Iconoclasts is $15.

I like platformers, any big reason not to get it?