Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/1080875988102328320
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Lmao if you care about your ancestors genetics instead of getting hyped for genetic enchantments

I can't wait to hear religious fundamentalists talk about outlawing Gene mods and nodding in agreement

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

punished milkman posted:

making god tier crispr children is very much so contingent on us understanding how human genotypes are related to extremely complicated polygenic phenotypes and lmao that's not gonna happen any time soon

just turn on the tall and blond genes

duh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

warren's announcement came as a suprise, loving everyone knows harris/booker/beto are running despite nobody wanting them to

booker is probably bland enough to get through the primaries and eke out a win as long as he doesn’t repeat Hillary’s campaign

Beto has charisma and is probably their best bet but his policies suck

he did straight up say he supports players kneeling during football games tho which is pretty goddamn controversial in Texas.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm keeping my DNA to myself :smug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I want a twitter feed fed straight into my eyeballs

Trump’s Feed:
https://twitter.com/amazlngnature/status/1080713366224613376?s=21

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Joementum posted:

McCarthy nominated just now by Liz Cheney.

whatta chudette

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

gonna get crushed to death by genetically perfect ubertitties during the eugenics wars

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

punished milkman posted:

making god tier crispr children is very much so contingent on us understanding how human genotypes are related to extremely complicated polygenic phenotypes and lmao that's not gonna happen any time soon

remember the guy that crispred his gains and ended up with cancer of the every muscle

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lawman 0 posted:

Lmao if you care about your ancestors genetics instead of getting hyped for genetic enchantments

Furries are gonna be real

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Iirc it's your great grandparents but yeah pretty much

if you go thru a time hole like 200 years in any direction you dont have to worry about accidental inbreeding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm keeping my DNA to myself :smug:

like u have a choice lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wait are gametes “you”

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Serf posted:

it owns that we have about 10 years to overthrow capitalism before it kills us all in a hundred different ways

Virtual Russian posted:

Finally getting my Eugenics Wars, like nearly 30 years late though.

i think about crispr a lot and how insanely its going to gently caress up the world. i dont think it can be stopped. im sure the early adopters will get some super cancers etc but for a while, i think its coming soon, for a while, the rich will actually be smarter, stronger, healthier, sexier, etc - than the poor lmfao. thats hosed up. how long do we have? i want to be dead before then, or at least make sure i have children before there are gattaca-type modded ppl pwning my kid at everything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RISE UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIW4HMl81hw

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

dont be mean to me posted:

nah, it's fine, they'll all be the city-sized cancer blob from like fifteen different cartoons and the 1% will be back to the drawing board

we reference akira on these for a reason, respect the trendsetters

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

punished milkman posted:

all of my genes are on at all times, i am wildly transcribing and wildly intelligent/powerful

*liquid snake voice* i loving knew it

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

crispr baby flesh orb

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

gently caress I love empanadas

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

if anybody in ICE ever wants to get niellson or whatever her name is fired they can just to a raid on literally any trump resort property

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

punished milkman posted:

o good. kewl

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yinlock posted:

*liquid snake voice* i loving knew it

trump played us like a fiddle!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smythe posted:

i think about crispr a lot and how insanely its going to gently caress up the world. i dont think it can be stopped. im sure the early adopters will get some super cancers etc but for a while, i think its coming soon, for a while, the rich will actually be smarter, stronger, healthier, sexier, etc - than the poor lmfao. thats hosed up. how long do we have? i want to be dead before then, or at least make sure i have children before there are gattaca-type modded ppl pwning my kid at everything.

lmao if you think the rich won't still be loving morons in the future no matter how perfect their genes are

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

for those who are unaware Stefan Molyneux (NOT Peter Molyneux of odd video design decisions) is a literal cult leader who's grifting off Nazis unashamedly by going full Nazi himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/nov/15/family-relationships-fdr-defoo-cult
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dont be mean to me posted:

remember the guy that crispred his gains and ended up with cancer of the every muscle

no gonna need a link

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Yinlock posted:

lmao if you think the rich won't still be loving morons in the future no matter how perfect their genes are

maybe even more loving morons because their genes are perfect

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

punished milkman posted:

also implies some consistent god tier exists, and it is step one hard to define what it'd mean

maybe you could make a kid really good at sudoku idk

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

enjoy morlockdom binch

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Smythe posted:

how long do we have?

hasn't the consensus from people who actually use crispr basically been that we have a long, long time because individual traits like height or hair color have hundreds or thousands of genes that also determine other things so it's a giant crapshoot clusterfuck

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Squizzle posted:

no gonna need a link

k check it

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/biohacking-stunts-crispr/553511/

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

o good. kewl

Yeah it can be done but it would require a lot of boring, unprofitable research that's an ethical minefield even before moving on to human testing, so no private company will do it.

Last dudes who tried where that one dude in China who hosed u so hard he's gonna get his head lopped off and see morons on San Fran calling themselves "biohackers", one of who gave himself cancer lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Smythe posted:

i will save up every penny i make so that maybe one day CRISPR can fix my immune disease

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if anybody in ICE ever wants to get niellson or whatever her name is fired they can just to a raid on literally any trump resort property

they dont want that

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

that's certainly one way to report the statistic

:thunk:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like if elites get access to genetic manipulation all i can see is them being like "the kid must have all of my genes, then they will be perfect" and they end up just as inbred as ever

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Someone's going to use crispr to get a second dick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I love that he is praising her probably solely because she is a Romney and she shittalked Mittens

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also implies some consistent god tier exists, and it is step one hard to define what it'd mean

maybe you could make a kid really good at sudoku idk

p sure that in modern society being a 'god tier' human basically just means being really good at lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Can someone please give me some FOXDIE