Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

In Training posted:

I liked during Best Style when he's silent for like 8 minutes while everyone questions why Red Dead is even in contention and he pipes up randomly and says So hold on...where are on gorogoa? We're cutting it right?

Brad getting a 1 more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
someone post the final lists

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bump_fn posted:

someone post the final lists

1) yeet

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Brad ruminated for ten minutes on how to defend Red Dead and decided on telling a story about how he stopped doing the missions for awhile to go into the mountains to pick flowers.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Brad ruminated for ten minutes on how to defend Red Dead and decided on telling a story about how he stopped doing the missions for awhile to go into the mountains to pick flowers.

You're telling me that didn't bring a tear to your eye?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Brad is very strong and handsome and you all will back OFF!!

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

tao of lmao posted:

Brad is very strong and handsome and you all will back OFF!!

no c'mon this is a democracy and my impassioned argument counters your impassioned argument

I can't believe Dan cited The Dream Daddy Argument Of 2017 in a filibuster on how RDR2 was the most disappointing game, it ruled

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I just watched a bit of day 5 and i just heard this in complete disbelief, during rdr2:
Brad: This is not a game for the impatient. This isnt a game that gives you that videogame power fantasy

[Not even a minute later]

Ben: I thought the shooting was repetitive. Let go of aim, aim again, move stick up a bit, shoot, rinse repeat rinse repeat.

Brad: but i felt the auto aim fed into the fantasy of being the biggest most badass cowboy so when i was popping off headshots...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love how often Brad tried to sidestep the fact he said, multiple times, he basically just went on auto pilot for the story missions, just to see more story. Any time Jeff or anyone tried to bring that up as a knock against the game he'd backtrack so hard lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
"Im willing to fight for moss because it was my favourite vr experience by far, and its an amazing vr experience that you can only experience on vr."

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

spent all the energy fighting for dream daddy last year

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

"Im willing to fight for moss because it was my favourite vr experience by far, and its an amazing vr experience that you can only experience on vr."

Jesus

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

All in all the top 10 list came out better than I expected tbh

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I didn't listen to it yet but "Fallout 76 came out and it's a bad game" being dubbed a hotter mess than "all those women who were harassed at game companies with lovely cultures and leadership with no consequence until kotaku wrote about it" is quite something

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

ArfJason posted:

abby talks like shes trying to meet a word count

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

All in all the top 10 list came out better than I expected tbh

It’s a very Giant Bomb list

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alex saying "Cool Tetris" is the new Patrick saying "Smoky Jazz"

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

In Training posted:

Alex saying "Cool Tetris" is the new Patrick saying "Smoky Jazz"

I'm not familiar with this particular patrickism, when did he come up with this

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sir John Feelgood posted:

abby talks like shes trying to meet a word count

or a book report where she didn't read the book

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

pretty much the same thing i guess

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mp5 posted:

I didn't listen to it yet but "Fallout 76 came out and it's a bad game" being dubbed a hotter mess than "all those women who were harassed at game companies with lovely cultures and leadership with no consequence until kotaku wrote about it" is quite something

aids

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Currently on Day 3 and Brad is verbally blowing Rockstar for taking an enormous financial risk. Good stuff here.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

spb posted:

It’s a very Giant Bomb list

Their #1 extremely so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Currently on Day 3 and Brad is verbally blowing Rockstar for taking an enormous financial risk. Good stuff here.

Him calling the game audacious is awesome.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

In Training posted:

Him calling the game audacious is awesome.

Brad "They are giving Destiny 2 away right now!"

Ben "The whole game?"

Brad "Well no, but they are THROWING that game at people."

Truly the best way to defend a game as best supported.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

They only ever gave away the base game, you still had to buy Forsaken ahahahahaha

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Companies have been doing that for ages at this point.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mp5 posted:

They only ever gave away the base game, you still had to buy Forsaken ahahahahaha

Ahahahahahahaha! Lol!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Giant Bomb Megathread is loving litty.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Ahahahahahahaha! Lol!

this quite honestly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mp5 posted:

Sounds like a pretty deece deal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao Brad starts singing along with the Willie Nelson song while people are discussing Best Music.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

In Training posted:

whatever gets people spending money on the expansion and the eververse again i guess

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

it is tbh. i got destiny 2 free on ps4 and pc and I probably wouldn't have bothered playing it if not for that.

that said i'll probably never buy xpacs lmao but it's fun enough when I want to shoot things for a lil bit but don't want to jump into a competitive vidya game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

me: hours of free content in the best mp fps since unreal tournament 2k4 even before i buy the expak reasonably priced at 30 dollars. bungie and activision are awesome!

blathering idiot: [goat yells like a man youtube 3 hours loop]

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i wouldn't be against buyin the extra stuff whenever i finally hit the end point of the base game stuff (but I doubt I hit that point anyway) if I have friends still playin it by then

oh i also got onrush free on plus and should prob check that out

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

me: hours of free content in the best mp fps since unreal tournament 2k4 even before i buy the expak reasonably priced at 30 dollars. bungie and activision are awesome!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Ahahahahahahaha! Lol!