Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Its Coke posted:

Releasing story notes where the condesce makes a fake Einstein and Hitler is so mad about the fake Einstein taht he does the Holocaust is probably the least funny thing Andrew Hussie will ever do
Ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Spellman posted:

That he apologized only alerts the internet that he has a soul and can be affected by backlash, which was his only mistake. A comedian or shitposter who never apologizes receives less backlash because comments never visibly bother them, so it's fruitless to even try

i’ve never understood this interpretation of internet comedy as a form of posting warfare that must never look back or introspect for any reason

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Venuz Patrol posted:

i’ve never understood this interpretation of internet comedy as a form of posting warfare that must never look back or introspect for any reason

He's not saying you shouldn't introspect just that you shouldn't do it publicly. And I agree with that based on how internet comedy audiences usually react to stuff

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Context from a What Pumpkin employee

https://twitter.com/vfromhomestuck/status/1080605677146566656?s=19

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

quote:

ave been had I actually reviewed the content with the understanding it was to be published as is. And to speak very candidly, I think the frequency with which I tell Andrew that his ideas are stupid and terrible in a facetious manner may honestly have obfuscated the sincerity of my objections at that time. I could have and should have been more clear that I wasn’t joking.

sounds about right

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

gently caress ‘im and gently caress his apology

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Something surreal about the fact that people feel compelled to apologize for not holding Hussie back from doing dumb poo poo.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

GunnerJ posted:

Something surreal about the fact that people feel compelled to apologize for not holding Hussie back from doing dumb poo poo.

if V is whom I think they are, this isn't the first time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GunnerJ posted:

and the name of that person who stood idly by....

Albert Einstein

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

You can, but this is fiction. Realistically he just wrote a bunch of poo poo about silly versions of infamous people, events or otherwise, and he's not a loving psycho off his meds. It's a popular form of posting now, and it's a worthless endeavor to dig into the psyche or motivations of a verbose guy who was just a little ahead of this curve, or to attribute intentional malice to his writings

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

He's a racist shitbrain who makes Holocaust jokes, I will attribute plenty of malice to his idiot bumblings

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Black August posted:

He's a racist shitbrain who makes Holocaust jokes, I will attribute plenty of malice to his idiot bumblings

Have fun

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I am a salty son of a poo poo who holds unreasonable creative-related grudges and knows exactly the kind of Adderall popping loser rich whiteboy Hussie is, having lived my whole life in MA, so ignore what I say and just keep walkin'

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rand Brittain posted:

He performed the public apology correctly, so.

I will not accept it until the Fancy Santa and Olive Garden pages are restored to their rightful glory

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Olive Garden was the one Hussie thing that made me genuinely, belly-crying laugh during the whole read.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
having picked up the full run of Friendsim for a song, i can now appreciate why Freak Futa holds Skylla in such esteem

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
imagine a homestuck where Tavros was replaced with Skylla....

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

was always a fan of MSPA back during Problem Slueth but never picked it back up when the new one started

is this a good jumping on point for Homestuck?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
yes

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DrPaper posted:

was always a fan of MSPA back during Problem Slueth but never picked it back up when the new one started

well everyone hates everything and is arguing nonstop so its as good a time as ever

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

DrPaper posted:

Legendary post.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrPaper posted:

If anything this is the best time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paranoid randroid posted:

on the plus side, all the Friendsim volumes are discounted right now so if 99 cents was too rich for your blood, now's the time to get in on it

I just found out I used to be really good friends with the guy who's head writer on Hiveswap

Which isn't TOOsurprising considering me him and Hussie all posted on the penny arcade forums at the same time when Homestuck was first starting but like

Damm

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I got into homestuck around when hiveswap came out by a friend inviting me to watch "lets read homestuck" together. Grab a friend and listen to people give silly voices to homestucks and play the fun friendsim games.

It's weird coming into this after most of the drama. Now there's new drama and I'm here during it.

I'm worried about the racism but I still have fun with this... internet phenomena, disconnected from the author.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DrPaper posted:

First be sure to read up all the new material that just got posted, it's got a lot of important background details about the world.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

having picked up the full run of Friendsim for a song, i can now appreciate why Freak Futa holds Skylla in such esteem

Skylla is clearly garbage but I'm glad you're enjoying the good characters, like Tagora

(genuinely though, Friendsim is pretty great, and it gets into a really nice groove after a fairly rocky period in the first few episodes. I really enjoyed it and became genuinely fond of some of the characters it features.)

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
homestucks crazy man, wild stuff

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

just wait until Chixie and Polypa

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I looked up Friendsim and you have to buy all of it individually, call me back when I can just get it all with one click.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I looked up Friendsim and you have to buy all of it individually, call me back when I can just get it all with one click.

there's an option to buy all the episodes at once in Steam

that i will not take, because i am thoroughly trolled out by now

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Ledgem posted:

I got into homestuck around when hiveswap came out by a friend inviting me to watch "lets read homestuck" together. Grab a friend and listen to people give silly voices to homestucks and play the fun friendsim games.

It's weird coming into this after most of the drama. Now there's new drama and I'm here during it.

I'm worried about the racism but I still have fun with this... internet phenomena, disconnected from the author.

It wasn't actual racism, it was just not treating history respectfully enough. Unless you're talking about the old Team Special Olympics stuff

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

thats actually a good thing because it means that you can just not buy the episodes that seem totally uninteresting

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
...all of them?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Freak Futanari posted:

just wait until Chixie and Polypa

Which number volumes are these theres like 20 of these help

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

If you buy the volumes with Chixie and Polypa, you'll get Tyzias and Zebruh too, so you'll get some good trolls along with the bad ones.

(chixie is actually really good)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

and zebruh is entirely, execrably awful, but in an amazing way that is a treat to witness

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Which number volumes are these theres like 20 of these help

the masterlist of friendsim volumes that actually matter:

vol 3, because Skylla is super super good
vol 5, because Polypa is cute and i want to hire her to murder me
vol 8, Chixie is perfect, and Zebruh is a really funny trainwreck, as a bonus. its like if Cronus was funnier
vol 9, Azdaja is basically the rear end in a top hat son of Troll Kaiba and Troll Vegeta. also you get some stupid Thicc Clown lady. who cares!
vol 10, Tegiri is as wise and likable as he is relatable

all other volumes can be safely ignored, as they are about as important or interesting as Jade was in homestuck

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The purplebloods in Friendsim all have fantastic routes which include some incredible moments of delicious what the gently caress mad comedy.

Also they’re all much better written and realised characters than Gamzee was by the end of Homestuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

The purplebloods in Friendsim all have fantastic routes which include some incredible moments of delicious what the gently caress mad comedy.

Also they’re all much better written and realised characters than Gamzee was by the end of Homestuck.

counterpoint: gamzee wasnt as much a character as he was a prop that hussie used to try to gloss over how stupid and incomprehensible the story was by saying "eh, gamzee did it" when things didnt make sense