Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
And why was Granny with Chris Benoit combined with Jake the Snake. The replies and dawning horror of Bryan and Vinny along with Barrister should be in its own category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is this really not on any of the rss feeds? so i have to leave it open in safari to listen to it?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

You can always try https://archive.org/download/BestofF4WWONaudio2018

The guy who uploaded this (VintageAppleMac) has had the previous 9 years worth of compilations uploaded for the last two years (well apart from 2017 obviously) so I can only assume that F4W don't mind it. Especially considering he's archived a bunch of their other stuff as well.

Seriously, if you google "f4w best of compilation" the first 9 results are the previous years that he archived.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Like a Heavyweight boxing fight between two power talkers
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1080469766517768192

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That is an A+ outfit right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dave, those jeans.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

coconono posted:

Dave, those jeans.

Hopefully becomes the new dave meltzer jacket thread

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

jesus WEP posted:

is this really not on any of the rss feeds? so i have to leave it open in safari to listen to it?

They're putting it in the main rss feed in chunks now

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They're putting it in the main rss feed in chunks now
so they are! tyvm :tipshat:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

rovert posted:

this is up now its like the megapowers of wrestling journalism.

Edit: This is the verbal equivalent of a five star match

The Croc fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 2, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Hell loving yes.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I was intrigued about what Dave thought about the Stardom show he went to and what I got when that question was asked was a bit about how the fanbase is totally different to the past, how Dave and Fumi discovered AJW, Dave's experiences at the 1994 AJW Tokyo Dome show which was the longest show he ever went to and apparently he watched every match on the show which lasted ten+ hours, a very short history of how Joshi crowds changed through time, the history of Shinkiba 1st Ring, how Dave was impressed about how Joshi wrestling used merch in the past and how it set a trend for everyone else, a bit about the mid-2000s Dark Age, a history of women in MMA in Japan, a history of women in UFC, a bit about how all of the promotions in the US work the same style while you still have big stylistic differences in Japan and THEN the review of the show was like "it was a fun show, but it wasn't as good as All Japan Women in the 90s". I don't know what I was expecting...

Seriously though; a very interesting show that I recommend that everyone check out. I've not listened to any of the Pacific Rim stuff and I've just gone and subbed to it so I won't forget to in the future.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Observer is up. But the issue is exclusively the history piece

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1080585692118376448

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

I was intrigued about what Dave thought about the Stardom show he went to and what I got when that question was asked was a bit about how the fanbase is totally different to the past, how Dave and Fumi discovered AJW, Dave's experiences at the 1994 AJW Tokyo Dome show which was the longest show he ever went to and apparently he watched every match on the show which lasted ten+ hours, a very short history of how Joshi crowds changed through time, the history of Shinkiba 1st Ring, how Dave was impressed about how Joshi wrestling used merch in the past and how it set a trend for everyone else, a bit about the mid-2000s Dark Age, a history of women in MMA in Japan, a history of women in UFC, a bit about how all of the promotions in the US work the same style while you still have big stylistic differences in Japan and THEN the review of the show was like "it was a fun show, but it wasn't as good as All Japan Women in the 90s". I don't know what I was expecting...

Seriously though; a very interesting show that I recommend that everyone check out. I've not listened to any of the Pacific Rim stuff and I've just gone and subbed to it so I won't forget to in the future.

Really fun show, being in the same room meant less talking over each other than I expected.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's part 1 of 2 so I might wait and get as many pure concentrated hours of Dave/Fumi as possible. It helps that there is like 20 hours of podcasts I haven't listened to while on vacation.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rovert posted:

I feel to redundantly point out that Craig wasn't missed on the Retro shows this week.

I want Lance as the permanent 3rd man, would be great to hear his POV as they get into his time in WCW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just incredibly tedious granny segments how do people listen to this poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

just incredibly tedious granny segments how do people listen to this poo poo

Because the funny ones are loving hilarious

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll never forget the day she completely buried Black Label Pro like 3 days before Bryan wrestled a match for them :xd:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

I'll never forget the day she completely buried Black Label Pro like 3 days before Bryan wrestled a match for them :xd:

you could feel bryan getting angry through the audio

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I won't forget her trolling roll out the barrel or whatever

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That Vinny's Bam Bam rant is 49 and this discussion about Farmers and NPR is #20 something fucknows shows that the people on the board are loving stupid. It doesn't loving END.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Lid posted:

That Vinny's Bam Bam rant is 49 and this discussion about Farmers and NPR is #20 something fucknows shows that the people on the board are loving stupid. It doesn't loving END.

wait until the one with the conspiracy guy that's him bragging about how easily he can spot scams. also the science is still out on palm readers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wait until the one with the conspiracy guy that's him bragging about how easily he can spot scams. also the science is still out on palm readers

That's the same one as NPR and the farmers!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That's the same one as NPR and the farmers!

gently caress that was long

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The guy who does the best of’s doesn’t want anybody to feel left out, so he always sneaks clips of the shittier podcasts in the middle. It’s never a true “Top 50” list.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

dsriggs posted:

The guy who does the best of’s doesn’t want anybody to feel left out, so he always sneaks clips of the shittier podcasts in the middle. It’s never a true “Top 50” list.

if that's the best those podcasts can produce for the entire year he'd be doing them a bigger favor by leaving them out out the recap

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
In true Letterman fashion the #1 is a short, one note joke that doesn't stand up to the rest of the entries in the top ten and even now as o write this I can't actually remember what it was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

In true Letterman fashion the #1 is a short, one note joke that doesn't stand up to the rest of the entries in the top ten and even now as o write this I can't actually remember what it was.

There's like 3 good entries in the top ten, most of the rest is Tom or Granny stuff that just drags on forever. Even if the initial joke was funny it loving goes on forever. The Jinder chops start off funny but by the time it becomes Chopping Block it is horrible.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The AC Jazz one cracks me the gently caress up. Craig's bit at the end is just loving hilarious. Even Lance couldn't contain himself.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had a long day at work so I downloaded the best of 2018 WOR and I'm down to some guys booking the wrong Dave Meltzer and it's convinced me to finally buy a sub after being on the fence for a while

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I meant to post this like a week ago but it got lost in all the holiday whatnots. When Bryan played the Jon Jones promo from this past UFC, when Jon thanks god and Bryan says “I wonder how many picograms of god he had in his system,” I was just delighted by that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

all timer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

peep the number of stars on his shirt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine packing to go overseas and thinking “yes, I better take this shirt”

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted: