Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

marianas post a molly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

shes a meme now rip

https://twitter.com/aoc_dances/status/1081057160392368128

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
also galaxy quest fvvuckin owns

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

JHomer722 posted:

I'm mildly encouraged by the new congress, but you have to remember: democrats are cowards with the messaging capabilities of chipmunks

AOC will drag them to salvation barefoot over a loving mountain range like shackleton if need be it seems

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

please, don't meme aoc before i've had my covfefe

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

get yourself a girl who can do both

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

buddhanc posted:

The best of cspam edition 23 feat. BonghitZ n catz

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL TURMP

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

buddhanc posted:

Idk what that means but congrats

polls bitch

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

ShriekingMarxist posted:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL TURMP

Lmao

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

buddhanc posted:

Idk what that means but congrats

It means he’s a middle class fuckwit that thinks he’s smart because he works in one of the few industries that’s not in dire risk of collapse

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

youtube comments lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I will never be able to hear that song without seeing a lady wearing a clown mask hitting her head on a TV, in my mind

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

polls bitch

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tup

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Trunp always doin the teeth suckin face

Jroc style

Roc pile

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
thank you for your service night crew I usually have to read it in the morning and can’t post but you guys do good work

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
AOC is unmilkshakeable unless you are talking about kellis songs

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lmao if you google schnorkles you get a bunch of photoshops

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Your argument seems to run on a one-sided POV that seemingly stems from a feminist, neo-liberal perspective - which has obviously, and unfortunately, rendered your view of Burton's work to a shallow one. For example, you claim that Burton wrote Winona Ryder's character unfairly as she prefers to hide herself away from Edward, in order to preserve his memory of her, which you claim contradicts the theme of not judging others by appearance. But you're quite clearly saying this to disguise your REAL issue, which is that women should be viewed/remembered as youthful, and pretty. Because Edward is immortal, and he's also a perfectionist; he doesn't understand human growth and he doesn't understand human flaws.

You also made the claim that Ed Wood brushed over Ed's sexuality and claimed that his LGBT status was what made him so memorable, when both of those things are untrue. Ed Wood was remembered for his absolutely terrible films, and was only later RECOGNIZED, not REMEMBERED for his empathetic view of LGBT people. But because of your neo-liberal, progressive perspective, the LGBT factor not being the epicenter of the film must be a crime against the LGBT people and further your notion that Burton's film are slightly misogynistic. When the film quite clearly showed his passion for telling the story about an intersex individual and his personal demand for real transvestites.

But I must say that I do agree with your view on style over substance. Burton seems like he is more of a visual art director, than a film director. His films always seem to tickle the imagination but are ultimately forgotten shortly after - which seems almost contradictory to what that type of film should do. It's totally fine if a director wants to have a particular style for no real reason, except that films are supposed to make you feel something. If a film looks and sounds amazing, but the experience of it isn't all that memorable, then the film is ultimately meaningless and you're only left with a visually stimulating film - that's it.

Films of Burton's where his gothic, quirky and industrial world doesn't come into play - such as Big Eyes - are a true testament of his directing ability. What can Tim Burton really do without his trademark gothic style? The answer is, well, not much. Big Eyes was a strange experience of what felt like a made for TV film with large names and a sort of sense of self-importance, a sense that Tim Burton cannot competently use to justify its existence.
huffhuffhuffhuffhuff

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

white sauce posted:

It means he’s a middle class fuckwit that thinks he’s smart because he works in one of the few industries that’s not in dire risk of collapse

Yeah computer poo poo is for nerds I agree

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

white sauce posted:

the entirety of medicine in this country is fundamentally unsustainable.

we're not subject to rises and falls in global capital like a lot of other industries, but its basically because the entire thing is a house of cards that's ready to detonate any year.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

ScrubLeague posted:

also galaxy quest fvvuckin owns

I watched a Christmas movie with Tim Allen in it where he was some drunk vet and it was pretty decent till the last quarter where you could tell the writers backed themselves into a corner and/or Allen demanded that his bit part become a major plot point at the end complete with a dumb self-sacrifice.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

the entirety of medicine in this country is fundamentally unsustainable.

we're not subject to rises and falls in global capital like a lot of other industries, but its basically because the entire thing is a house of cards that's ready to detonate any year.

Snorkels is CANCELLED! 😂😂😂😂

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Howdy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1081056927331831809

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I wonder if it originally just said TRUMP but then he turned on Donny after the KJU love affair.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

LONG LIVE GADDAFISM

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

eeeeeeeeeeeeeey I'm postin' heeeere

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

huffhuffhuffhuffhuff

oh you found my geocities page