Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I would have played the poo poo out of ARMA if it had been around when I had ~my gaming rig~ and 12 hours of spare time a day...law school was great

Eh, you can run arma off relatively low end stuff.

We should run a lawyer gaming night where we take out our frustration on eachother, when there"s spare time. I suggest king of the hill arma 3, govmint versus private sector. How does april 6th 2024 sound to you guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Nice piece of fish posted:

Eh, you can run arma off relatively low end stuff.

We should run a lawyer gaming night where we take out our frustration on eachother, when there"s spare time. I suggest king of the hill arma 3, govmint versus private sector. How does april 6th 2024 sound to you guys?

Judging by KOTH populations when I last played 6 months ago, we'll be the only players on the server.

Also yeah, Arma 3 will be 6 years old in a few months so a cheap DIY PC can run it now. You don't want to cheap out too much on the CPU, but you def don't need a top of the line GPU or anything else. You just want to make sure you run it off a SSD. It will still run like poo poo and you'll die walking down stairs AS GOD INTENDED.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I only know one other lawyer who plays Overwatch and he's on PS4 :(

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Look Sir Droids posted:

Judging by KOTH populations when I last played 6 months ago, we'll be the only players on the server.

Also yeah, Arma 3 will be 6 years old in a few months so a cheap DIY PC can run it now. You don't want to cheap out too much on the CPU, but you def don't need a top of the line GPU or anything else. You just want to make sure you run it off a SSD. It will still run like poo poo and you'll die walking down stairs AS GOD INTENDED.

Perfect!

Also ragging on Bohemia's games will never not be funny. I still remember the bug in DayZ where the game would randomly cause your character to javelin throw their weapon in a random direction, for no apparent reason.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

I play Overwatch sometimes but it is on my computer.

I'm mostly CK2 and RDR2 right now. Don't have enough time to really jump into things I can't pause and come back to.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Nice piece of fish posted:

Perfect!

Also ragging on Bohemia's games will never not be funny. I still remember the bug in DayZ where the game would randomly cause your character to javelin throw their weapon in a random direction, for no apparent reason.

I like it when you get in a totally fine car and it blows up. I don’t complain because I’ve been in a pickup truck dropped from a Chinook, lived, and drove the truck away.

This is my favorite way to dunk on people: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kURe5wHUvNg

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 4, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
State attorney is stipulating to part 1 of my motion to suppress so part 2 won't get it's day in court. Part 2 is where I argued that the smell of weed is should no longer be probable cause for a search because medical marijuana is legal and there are almost 200k Floridians with active cards. I'm happy but also sad because I really wanted to argue the latter half.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Mr. Nice! posted:

State attorney is stipulating to part 1 of my motion to suppress so part 2 won't get it's day in court. Part 2 is where I argued that the smell of weed is should no longer be probable cause for a search because medical marijuana is legal and there are almost 200k Floridians with active cards. I'm happy but also sad because I really wanted to argue the latter half.

Probably why they stipulated.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"unnnggh, arguing that seems like a lot of work for a pot charge."

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

ActusRhesus posted:

Back to Sondheim Chat.

Group I’ve had paid acting gigs with switched their season and is doing Into the Woods. gently caress yeah.

I love that show. I was hooked the night the original Broadway cast performance aired on PBS' Great Performances. I walked in just before the Witch's "Greens, greens" number and didn't move until it was over. My mom had been recording it so I rewound the tape and watched the whole thing from the beginning. 10/10, would stay up way past bedtime again.

For several years, I remember thinking, "Man, they should just do the first act where it's all fun. The second act is too depressing!" Then I just had this moment of pure revelation where I realized... "The second act is the WHOLE POINT."

If Law & Order is the reason I made the bad choice to get a law degree, Into the Woods is the reason I made the bad choice to get a theater degree.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

https://www.theonion.com/law-school...campaign=bottom

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I recently ran through every level of You don't know jack with my law school study buddy and don't regret a thing

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I recently ran through every level of You don't know jack with my law school study buddy and don't regret a thing

I screwed my law school study buddy too. :hf:

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Lol

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Toona the Cat posted:

Law school thread hero.

Have you considered an LLM?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The loving MVP

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I'm on holiday until Jan 9 and I just answered a work email (from a law firm on a case)
I think this poo poo might be ingrained into my dna at this point

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

I play Destiny on PS4 if anyone is interested in lowbrow poo poo like that. I'm in the goon clan.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Tokelau All Star posted:

I play Destiny

:lol:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Tokelau All Star posted:

I play Destiny on PS4 if anyone is interested in lowbrow poo poo like that. I'm in the goon clan.

In how many other facets of your life have you sought out a good presence?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Yeah yeah I know 😟. I team up with a bunch of the courthouse sheriffs, its pretty fun hearing their lingo as we fight alien insects/robots/rhinos.

In other embarrassing confessions I enjoy watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and am a Patriots fan.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Don't feel bad, I'm a hardcore Dallas Cowboys fan.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

blarzgh posted:

Go Cowboys!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I stream bad RPGs with my dog while my wife dunks on me.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Toona the Cat posted:

Toona is the hero we can only aspire to be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

An all texas superbowl could happen this year.

I, too, am a Cowboys fan and hope that clownball can save us.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I can't believe people have the audacity to root for their regional professional sports teams.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nobody wants that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Nobody wants that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQcbAtF0B4

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I, too, am a Cowboys fan and hope that clownball can save us.

https://youtu.be/9Mj1itsSwHE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Did you forget the asswhoopin the cowboys laid on the saints a few weeks ago? Pretty sure the saints got shut out in the first half.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did you forget the asswhoopin the cowboys laid on the saints a few weeks ago? Pretty sure the saints got shut out in the first half.

Yeah that was also in Dallas. I don’t think they’ll come close in NOLA.

I’ll be happy with the season if they just beat the loving Seahawks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah that was also in Dallas. I don’t think they’ll come close in NOLA.

I’ll be happy with the season if they just beat the loving Seahawks.

Same. There's a real chance. It would be awesome to host the eagles for the NFC championship, too.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
gently caress y'all with hope and doubly gently caress Cousins.
I think Elway might be dumb enough for a 1:1 QBs trade?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Looked familiar!

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121900/2009/REG15/cowboys@saints?akmobile=ios&akcarrier=other

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Kamara is going to carry the Saints to the Superbowl and you cannot do a drat thing to stop it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Eminent Domain posted:

Kamara is going to carry the Saints to the Superbowl and you cannot do a drat thing to stop it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT0Zw88xUIE

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

I can't believe people have the audacity to root for their regional professional sports teams.

That's by definition any [gridiron] football or baseball team in existence because these are highly regional sports

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
1. The NOLA game was a fluke, save for the fact that Dallas actually has a pretty great run defense and NOLA couldn't get the run going.

2. Dallas is better than SEA, but if Linehan wants to keep eating his own poo poo about avoiding play action like it's the loving plague and never letting the best (by EPA and efficiency) running QB in the league actually run the loving ball, then Dallas will lose regardless of the talent gap.

3. This Dallas team had the largest disparity between talent(good) and coaching (bad) in the NFL since Hue Jackson was fired.

4. Dak is so much better than everyone realizes, and he really needs this win to justify his upcoming extension to the sweaty masses before a ton of massive extensions are going to come up (D-Law, Byron Jones, Smith, Cooper); inversely god damnit Jerry you loving egotistical lich fire Garrett, fire Linehan, promote Richard to HC and loving die, but I know you won't if they win today so whatever we're hosed either way GO COWBOYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Drew Brees is the 🐐

Brees and Payton are the best QB coach combo ever