Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

lmao that tweet backfired so badly that the qanon dude deleted his account

Imagine dancing so hard you defeat Qanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spoeank posted:

Imagine dancing so hard you defeat Qanon

Dancing so hard in 2010 you break something that won't exist for 8 years :pusheen:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I used to be able to beat Ninja Gaiden 2 and can still get pretty far in it if I just pick it up to play. In all fairness I had the Nintendo Power guide and it is the easiest of the original 3 imo.

The Battletoads speeder level is all muscle memory and I can do it practically in my sleep. I get wrecked in the ice caves after though. Only ever seen past that once.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Finally managed to catch up on all the Marvel movies I had on backlog. Thor 3 was amazing, Guardians 2 was meh and Infinity War was the poo poo. Thanos has to be the best character created by Marvel by far.

Also the new Spiderman game is really good

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m pretty sure the only game I enjoyed more than Spider-Man last year was God of War.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my favorite video game right now is Deep Rock Galactic

you are a dwarf who works for a space mining company

it has 4 player co-op with different classes

I play as an engineer and I sent up sentry guns to kill the alien bugs that attack my team while we mine for resources and salvage drones

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

my 401k lost 10% of it's value and I do not give even half a gently caress.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still haven't transferred my 401k over from my previous company to my current one and have no idea at this point if it's worth it or not.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

My Dad's house sold so that's my mortgage paid off.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

If your 401k is in a place that doesn't have lovely fees and has lots of investment options just leave it there. Otherwise, move it to a better brokerage. I consolidated all of my random 401ks from different jobs into an e-trade IRA so I can manage it myself. Most of it is invested in mutual funds and dividend stocks. The rest I play around with... to mixed results.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

seiferguy posted:

I still haven't transferred my 401k over from my previous company to my current one and have no idea at this point if it's worth it or not.

Roll it into an IRA because 401ks typically have limited investment options and can have crappy expense fees. Just put it at Vanguard and throw it in a target date retirement fund.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

I play as an engineer and I sent up sentry guns to kill the alien bugs that attack my team while we mine for resources and salvage drones

Does your engineer deadlift

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CyberPingu posted:

I’m not saying I wish ill on any elderly and/or wealthy loved ones in my life, but this sounds amazing and I’m incredibly jealous.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’m not saying I wish ill on any elderly and/or wealthy loved ones in my life, but this sounds amazing and I’m incredibly jealous.

He died last year. He wasn't incredibly wealthy. Just good with money and got hosed over by a company back in the 90s who had to pay him off to avoid a lawsuit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh cool. Remember that fortnite streamer who abused his pregnant girlfriend live on stream a while back? Yeah he's streaming again. And has 2000 new followers. Good job Twitch, good job twitch viewers.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So this is fun, my company has laid off 6 people that I've heard of so far, two of which are in my office.

Don't worry about the acquisition they said! Change is good they said!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I watched some people play it and it looks goofy but fun

Joey Freshwater posted:

So this is fun, my company has laid off 6 people that I've heard of so far, two of which are in my office.

Hope you have your jump to conclusions mat chambered and ready to go

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CyberPingu posted:

Man, that's gotta be an amazing feeling. 18 more years to go for me!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Always worry about the acquisition. Change is never good.

I've been at two companies during the acquisition process. Both times they announced the sale and everything was fine for a few months before the layoffs started. I started looking for something new as soon as the first round of layoffs started.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

wandler20 posted:

Man, that's gotta be an amazing feeling. 18 more years to go for me!

It really is.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Always worry about the acquisition. Change of ownership is never good.

Agree on the first part with an addendum on the second (my whole job is implementing changes, so I have to put in a caveat).

Went through one acquisition and I will immediately start looking for a new job if any other employer is acquired in the future.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Amendment introduced to specify term limits for house representatives and senators

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Oddly enough my company has been hiring a lot more people since we got acquired (makes sense as we are directly billable to clients), but all of our support functions got hosed. We've gone without an onsite IT support person for over 2 years now (apparently we just finally extended an offer to one! Maybe!) and went 6 months without an HR person after our chud lady HR croaked.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Amendment introduced to specify term limits for house representatives and senators

:gritin:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Meh, this is the wrong solution. Term limits should be people voting out their lovely reps. Fix gerrymandering instead.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

For how long? Term limits on legislators can backfire pretty badly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Godzilla is real

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br9EbH3nIQz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=127h6pfmi0p66

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Good lord that is impressive

I mean he is probably 4'6", but still...

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I spent all night and morning twin fountaining thanks to food poisoning, and now need to get ready to go into work because I took the last week and a half off and don't have any time off left.

This is gonna be fun.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1081220756619649024

Term limits empower lobbyists even more, this effect has been studied at the state level

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I spent all night and morning twin fountaining thanks to food poisoning, and now need to get ready to go into work because I took the last week and a half off and don't have any time off left.

This is gonna be fun.

It still baffles me that a lot of workplaces don't have paid time off for sick leave

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The thing with my employer and people being sick is just that they should give us a work from home option. Half the people in the cubes around me are coughing or sneezing and approximately 0 of them need to be on-site to do their jobs. Upper management being so vehemently opposed to anyone but VPs and up working from home is the #1 complaint I hear from my co-workers.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They just let the girl that works for me go without telling me

this is cool

cool

coolcoolcool

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

this is cool

cool

coolcoolcool

Time to find a new job!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

If you want a law to help how lovely politicians are, prevent people who were not elected from being able to run in the next election. Both parties use incumbancy advantage to put terrible people into safe seats where they spend 20+ years being something between useless with nonexistent political instincts and actively harmful.

Also lifetime bans from lobbying for elected officials, banning the ownership or trade of stocks and forcing married politicians to disclose their partners' assets as well as their own of course.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 4, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/eiffeltyler/status/1080647169969930240?s=19

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

seiferguy posted:

Meh, this is the wrong solution. Term limits should be people voting out their lovely reps. Fix gerrymandering instead.

100% agree

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Time to find a new job!

I had an interview yesterday that would move me back to Atlanta. Here's hoping I get that and they also offer me a severance so I can double up on paychecks like Butch Jones.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
e: ^ hah, YES! My man!

Joey Freshwater posted:

this is cool

cool

coolcoolcool

In some weird and twisted way I am slightly jealous of you assuming that you get some nice severance package and can reset and find a new job in the near future. I am currently in a circling pattern trying to find a new job, but due to the fact that I am kind of on the top end of salary for my role it has been proven difficult. Lots of lateral moves, not so much on the raise. Getting severance, enjoying some time off, then transitioning to a new gig sounds so appealing to me right now.

Either way, best of luck man, I hope it works out for you :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Calling all of my bowel movements "amazingly effective sessions" from now on.