Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GameCube posted:

ah gently caress now they got one that'll let you use gamecube controllers AND classic controllers wirelessly on the switch and the pc. fuuuuck http://www.8bitdo.com/gbros/

Why doesn't this work with wiiu pro controllers! Fuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Why doesn't this work with wiiu pro controllers! Fuuuuu

this one's just for using wired gamecube/classic controllers. they've got you covered though http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pathmans and smashmans today e: lol wrong thread

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 29, 2018

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've never played cubivore. i want to play cubivore. how do i play cubivore in 2018.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GameCube posted:

i've never played cubivore. i want to play cubivore. how do i play cubivore in 2018.
:filez:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GameCube posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Don't bother...this faker doesn't even use a GameCube controller for Smash.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
bet he still thinks the gamecube is a cube too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

*holding a gamecube in each hand by the handle i fight back all fools, cube deniers, and nongamers. smacking them upside the head with pure nintendium, killing them instantly *

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I'm curious, what didn't you like about it? I prefer ftl but the games are vastly different in their play so I could see liking one and not the other
I found it way too random to stick with, it never felt like I had a lot of influence on what was happening.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i went back to the gamecube controller when i realized the importance of the notches.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Praise notch always praise notch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

bet he still thinks the gamecube is a cube too

*quietly scribbles a note in my notebook*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

you can pay 200 dollars for a lose copy of the game or you can go can type archive dot org gamecube isos into google the choice is yours

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
bring back Pushmo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i guess it's time to try dolphin with my fancy new wireless gamecube adapter by 8BitDo™️

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1079805430400978944?s=19

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I did it I got a switch and super smash bros ultimant. Now Im lookin at cool other games. Hows octopath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's quite lovely, it's got a great aesthetic and the world is fun to poke around in. It's no Dragon Quest or anything, but it's a nice JRPG for a system that doesn't have many yet. The job system is really cool and you can kind of creatively edit the story into whatever you want, by focusing on whatever of the eight travelers youfind most interesting.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's good. It's not the kind of super compelling jrpg you can't put down but it's well done comfy couch gaming. My only beef is the leveling curve is too generous, you'll be OP if you do optional stuff.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i liked it more than dragon quest :twisted:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I loved Yoku’s Instant Express. Thanks for that advice. It is such a fun and easy going game.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I had heard about This War of Mine a year or so ago. I bought it and drat, it is a rough game but I love playing through it. Every decision is difficult which makes the game one of the more challenging games I have ever played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1080878975197564936

lots of good poo poo in here. this is the first time I can recall ninty discounting their first party stuff digitally like...ever. splatoon/mario kart 8 for 40 bucks, and octopath is discounted too @Ristolaz

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s time to finally buy the capcom beat em up bundle. and maybe golf story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If for some reason you own a 3DS but not Theatrythm or Box Boy, well, you can fix that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never played any of the 3DS Kirby games so I'll definitely snag Triple Deluxe on sale

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

actually, assuming I find where I left my 3ds charge cable, its time to finally play 3D Land

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

year of 3ds yall

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

year of 3ds yall

2018 and 2019 are the Years of Handheld in general for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How is Hyrule Warriors. The only musou game I've played previously was a few hours of Dragon Quest Heroes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its got Linkle

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How is Hyrule Warriors. The only musou game I've played previously was a few hours of Dragon Quest Heroes

all those games are functionally identical

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hyrule Warriors is better than DQ heroes bc you can tell your companions to head towards any part on the map so it's more of a juggling act of swapping between the controllable characters. You feel able to manage the map a lot more than any other musou I've played which granted is only like. 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think its the best one ever

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

If anyone reading this thread doesnt have Puyo Tetris, it’s 20 bucks, go get it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh I played the demo of FE Warriors in a store and I thought it was pretty fun but I didn't know or care about any of the characters (although I guess they're all in Smash now anyway)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I haven't played FE Warriors but the big things I've heard about it is theres like 3 movesets that all the characters pull from, but the mission variety is better. Everyone in Hyrule has a unique moveset.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its also got approximately 400000 hours of adventure maps to work through.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raserys posted:

i think fe warriors is better than hyrule. the movesets aren't as unique but they're almost all significantly more fun to play than like 60% of the hyrule warriors cast. the ai is actually competent and i like ordering your guys around to take bases and defend or move into position for you to switch into them. also it has a 720p/60 fps option which makes it run better than any other warriors game on the system as far as i'm aware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I bought Fire Emblem Warriors just to take advantage of a pretty good sale at GameStop but I’m holding off on playing it until I beat Awakening and one of the Fates because it seems like the character roster mostly draws from the newer games. I was a little disappointed looking at the roster, if every character doesn’t have a unique move set to begin with why not just throw in as many characters as you can, even if the difference is mostly cosmetic. I want to play as my Sacred Stones friends.