Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

around ww2 the top bracket was 95%

point of order, the cutoff for that bracket was so high it basically only applied to the rockefellers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/1081228591042572288

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Love_FoxNewsFNC/status/1081230672856076288

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

it’s literally the same thing

books are the record of w/e they contain. destroying books destroys actual physical copies of the art and knowledge they contain

webs sites posting creates ease of access to a thing. you cant destroy an actual thing that way, tho you can limit the motivation to create or record it in the first place by limiting the means others would have to access it. its more analogous to removing all copies of a book from public libraries than it is to burning books

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

lol Tom Arnold filmed one of those videos for a goon saying the piss tape is real and then immediately went and cucked Georgie papadop while he was in prison and then papadop's wife started tweeting about how unhappy she is in her marriage lmao

what a legend

tom arnolds interviews on stern are pretty good. he used to hang out with schwarzenegger when he was governor and was basically his buddy/court jester

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/1081230854330990592

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

goddamn he is so dumb

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

100% taxes

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*wears a gently caress your feelings Trump shirt*

congresswoman should watch her language

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

literally just gonna be trump repeating "the dems own this. the schumer shutdown. they colluded to shut down the government"

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1081229580575432710

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

"We need to be bipartisan by you giving me everything that I want"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

univbee posted:

It's a very Jewish thing to do, actually, as Jewish scripture and tales do a lot of rules-lawyering with God, which he delights in and enjoys, it's not like in Christianity where it's a quick way to get smote.

judaism is basically entirely about rules-lawyering with god and they encourage it and thats why jews get a racial bonus to ligitation effectiveness

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ash1138 posted:

hmm yes what could go wrong

Pure comedy could happen!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

:hai:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

zegermans posted:

point of order, the cutoff for that bracket was so high it basically only applied to the rockefellers

yeah but the fact that it existed says something about the rest of the tax code

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

@Love_FoxNewsFNC

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

yeah but the fact that it existed says something about the rest of the tax code

right but I had to get my pedantic jollies off

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol

Pete is one dumb-rear end motherfucker tbh

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Business Gorillas posted:

"We need to be bipartisan by you giving me everything that I want"

the only reason the government is shut down right now is because trump saw some tv chuds criticize him

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

zegermans posted:

right but I had to get my pedantic jollies off

i'm glad I could help :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yeah old people never used to use profanity ever

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Zyla posted:

judaism is basically entirely about rules-lawyering with god and they encourage it and thats why jews get a racial bonus to ligitation effectiveness

Yeah I really hate explaining Judaism like this but the main difference between the various sects is how much they rules lawyer

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Squizzle posted:

books are the record of w/e they contain. destroying books destroys actual physical copies of the art and knowledge they contain

webs sites posting creates ease of access to a thing. you cant destroy an actual thing that way, tho you can limit the motivation to create or record it in the first place by limiting the means others would have to access it. its more analogous to removing all copies of a book from public libraries than it is to burning books

i have to say i disagree and consider your thing a distinction without a difference

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

brugroffil posted:

the only reason the government is shut down right now is because trump saw some tv chuds criticize him

Ann coulter literally shut down the government lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

yeah old people never used to use profanity ever

"not around women and not by women!!!" says racist old man who happens to be a senator

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ArmZ posted:

around ww2 the top bracket was 95%

It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals. With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

horny reply guy

https://twitter.com/moowood72/status/1081222965436604416

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol tom arnold has been loving papadopoulos' wife for months

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

Yeah I really hate explaining Judaism like this but the main difference between the various sects is how much they rules lawyer

yep.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

donald trump friday

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

brugroffil posted:

@Love_FoxNewsFNC

this man loves journalism

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

That's owns. I support the "gently caress u bezos" tax

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

uh i think they might also be a little miffed that she wants to impeach their messiah

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

is Fox News still not tweeting

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

haljordan posted:

Ann coulter literally shut down the government lol

what needs to happen for this shutdown to end is basically for trump to bargain with rush/ann/ etc about what they would consider a win and enough for them to praise trump for making a good deal

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

15% tax rate for people making 90,000 dollars a year lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ding ding ding ding ding

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember when Trump called African countries “shitholes” and the press repeated it without censoring the word lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

brugroffil posted:

@Love_FoxNewsFNC

Siri, make an ai composite image from the phrase "@ Love Fox News FNC"