Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Except it didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"you pointed out that Deadpool joke is him being a dipshit and accidentally offensive? Wow way to argue in bad faith don't you know he isn't real"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Do you practice being so stupid or is it a natural talent

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

Harry Potter has a massive infamous fanfic pseudo-EU, though. My Immortal, The Draco Trilogy, and The Mortal Instruments come to mind. :shrug:

They do take their poo poo seriously, though.

https://twitter.com/pottermore/status/1081242428105998336

somewhere some fetish fanfic authors are loving pumped

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Brother Entropy posted:

somewhere some fetish fanfic authors are loving pumped

do you think that a wizard gets embrassed when he vanishes his poo in front of other wizards
sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha

and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of a wizard vanishing his poo while he looks nervous or embrassed
i just want to see it for a few laughs haha

another thing i am wondering is what do you think the vanished poos smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

why wouldn't they just magic the poo poo out of their rear end before ever making GBS threads it

can you conversely magic some poo poo into someone else's rear end? like, as a joke haha

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wizard sex crimes are something insane I guarantee it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the weasley twins sold whimsical date rape drugs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
where did all this poo get sent anyway
did they just teleport it to their lake and thats why the mermaids want to kill them?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
wait does vanishing mean something other than making it invisible

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/rigmarockk/status/1081269574086078465

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

got any sevens posted:

did they just teleport it to their lake and thats why the mermaids want to kill them?

Just poo poo in your bag of holding like a real rugged wizard

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

wait does vanishing mean something other than making it invisible

this was answered in the books and it’s something like “vanished items are sent everywhere and thus nowhere” so poo poo just keeps piling in the aether I guess

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Raytheon/status/1021446302515847168

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought Raytheon was a pokemon.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Paladinus posted:

I thought Raytheon was a pokemon.

grift-a grift-a!

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

would watch this heartwarming romantic comedy

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I just learned that there's a half house-elf character in the last HP movie, which is hosed up on so many levels.

Now I learn that wizards used to just poo poo wherever they stood until like 1830 and I'm back in the "HP is good" camp.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i wonder if jk rowling had to restrain herself from making several "field elf" characters that are envious of the house elf

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
She didn't , she outright wrote a plot line where it was explained that house elves deserved to be slaves, because it was the best they could achieve, and that abolitionists were naive idiots. If anything the only fault with slavery in the HP universe, canonically, is that some masters are not enlightened owners, which should be solved on an ad hoc basis, and not by removing the instituiton of slavery.

I wish I was joking.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
‘What’s in the box?’ he asked, pointing at it.

‘Funny you should ask,’ said Hermione, with a nasty look at Ron. She took off the lid, and showed them the contents.

Inside were about fifty badges, all of different colours, but all bearing the same letters: S.P.E.W.

‘“Spew”?’ said Harry, picking up a badge and looking at it. ‘What’s this about?’

‘Not spew,’ said Hermione impatiently. ‘It’s S – P – E – W. Stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare.’

‘Never heard of it,’ said Ron.

‘Well, of course you haven’t,’ said Hermione briskly, ‘I’ve only just started it.’

‘Yeah?’ said Ron in mild surprise. ‘How many members have you got?’

‘Well – if you two join – three,’ said Hermione.

‘And you think we want to walk around wearing badges saying “spew”, do you?’ said Ron.

‘S – P – E – W!’ said Hermione hotly. ‘I was going to put Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status – but it wouldn’t fit. So that’s the heading of our manifesto.’

She brandished the sheaf of parchment at them.

‘I’ve been researching it thoroughly in the library. Elf enslavement goes back centuries. I can’t believe no one’s done anything about it before now.’

‘Hermione – open your ears,’ said Ron loudly. ‘They. Like. It. They like being enslaved!’

‘Our short-term aims,’ said Hermione, speaking even more loudly than Ron, and acting as though she hadn’t heard a word, ‘are to secure house-elves fair wages and working conditions. Our long-term aims include changing the law about non-wand-use, and trying to get an elf into the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because they’re shockingly under-represented.’

‘And how do we do all this?’ Harry asked.

‘We start by recruiting members,’ said Hermione happily. ‘I thought two Sickles to join – that buys a badge – and the proceeds can fund our leaflet campaign. You’re treasurer, Ron – I’ve got you a collecting tin upstairs – and Harry, you’re secretary, so you might want to write down everything I’m saying now, as a record of our first meeting.’

There was a pause in which Hermione beamed at the pair of them, and Harry sat, torn between exasperation at Hermione, and amusement at the look on Ron’s face.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

And another thing: why didn't wizards prevent the holocaust?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Russian troll farm posted:

And another thing: why didn't wizards prevent the holocaust?

Dumbledore wasa friend and tutor to both holocaust architects in the Wizarding World, those two being Voldemort and Johnny Depp. Which according to Rowling isn't a hint to the failings of Dumbledore's character, because her ideology is entirely individualist, and she believes that being resposible for two holocausts is OK if you are respectable and amicable as a person.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it's a waste of time to try and beat harry potter idiots at their own game by saying that the books have bad politics and cherry picking examples. you're not going to convince them and it's just cringeworthy behavior, not just with harry potter but with any piece of entertainment

today i found out two things: there's an actual nonprofit dedicated to marrying harry potter with activism, and a different Vox website used the term "hopepunk" a month before that idiotic essay praising it (note the article's publish date)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh, I don't care about showing that the fictional world of Harry Potter, which is irrelevant to real world, has bad politics, but I do care about proving that the very real person of JK Rowling, who is very politically active, and a major stumbling block to progressive causes, is in fact trash, as per her own works.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

You ever wonder why there were no wizards in the towers on 9/11?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

got any sevens posted:

i think thats the plot to the new aquaman movie

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wan't the idea that wizards had a magic toilet, but it was sending all the crap into the worst possible place a thing in one of the Discworld novels?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

A Russian troll farm posted:

You ever wonder why there were no wizards in the towers on 9/11?

If you zoom in on the videos you can actually see signs in the smoke of invisible wizards flying away before the actual collapse.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

withak posted:

If you zoom in on the videos you can actually see signs in the smoke of invisible wizards flying away before the actual collapse.

I know wizards are generally uninterested in muggle politics but I'm a bit disappointed that they continued to support the goblin banks since they're the ones that orchestrated the attacks.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

withak posted:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Jet fuel with wizard poo can, though

i wonder what it smells like haha just for laughs haha i would smell it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Pop culture is counterrevolutionary :commissar:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

reminder that the scouts were thought up by a british military officer in south africa during the colonial wars

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Prav posted:

reminder that the scouts were thought up by a british military officer in south africa during the colonial wars

did they just want kids readier to replace fallen soldiers or did they want kids around to diddle?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

got any sevens posted:

did they just want kids readier to replace fallen soldiers or did they want kids around to diddle?

as i understand it he mostly just felt that the men he was getting sucked rear end at reconnaissance

but then he was also english

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

got any sevens posted:

yes

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

got any sevens posted:

Can't speak to the Girl Scouts, but for the Boys, yes. Scouts would be considered paramilitary if their target membership were adults. Wilderness survival, land navigation, firearms/archery training, small unit organization/leadership, uniforms/standardization, etc. Most militias in the US basically replicate Scouts but for adults.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

SgtMongoose posted:

Can't speak to the Girl Scouts, but for the Boys, yes. Scouts would be considered paramilitary if their target membership were adults. Wilderness survival, land navigation, firearms/archery training, small unit organization/leadership, uniforms/standardization, etc. Most militias in the US basically replicate Scouts but for adults.

Don’t forget the religious indoctrination. Or is that more of an American thing?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/1081331920796041216?s=20

Normie Twitter is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vrunt is an old fyad guy