Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFireMagi posted:

out of curiosity, any reason summer nobu is a fair bit lower than normal nobu, or is that just how things shook out

It's mostly how things shook out, but I tend to not think of variations as too separate from their original versions very much unless they are the Alters who are generally entirely different characters. Summer Nobu is a more goofy version of what is already a gag character, so I don't really think of her as worth putting over other characters I do like a lot because I already like regular Nobu so much and the GudaGuda 3 event's main villain actually ties into Nobu a lot and creates a really interesting relationship that turned her into one of my favorite characters. Summer Nobu is really nowhere to be found in that event so my connection with her really isn't as strong because the image and things she does is mostly associated with her home event. All I really have of her is Summer 2017 and some of her other stuff, although I did intentionally roll for and got her cause I still like her a lot. She ended up over other characters where if I personally put her somewhere she'd be beneath (Emiya Alter), but I don't mind her really being there tbh.

Like people will vote for the character and their variation and they'll both end up in their top 3 and I really like think if I finish my list with like three rins and two emiyas at the top, I'd really hate my own list and brain. This hasn't stopped my lists before from ending with like mostly archers and lancers in the top though, but it's not my fault they're some of the best characters so I can only help that so much lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

EExtra isn't as random if you did what i did many years ago and write down every single enemy's attack patterns on flash cards as i encountered them :v:
Why didn't I look them up on the internet? Who the heck knows

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I have a feeling Clawtopsy will appreciate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7twmCGqwPgM

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

:confused: I thought every fate game except extella was a visual novel? Why are there attack patterns?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

:confused: I thought every fate game except extella was a visual novel? Why are there attack patterns?

Fate/Extra is an RPG with dungeons and stuff. Combat is a rock paper scissors thing with enemies chaining attack types, and you have to counter their attack types with the correct type.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A lot of the fate games are not VNs btw, it's basically just the original and Hollow Ataraxia that are

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

A lot of the fate games are not VNs btw, it's basically just the original and Hollow Ataraxia that are

The only ones released in English weren't, either.

There's what, Extra/CCC, Extella/Extella Link, FGO, FGO arcade and Unlimited Codes?

The fact that none of them are particularly good games is probably why Fate kinda sits in the "mostly just visual novels, right?" spot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Extra generally receives mixed reaction, CCC is by and large considered a swan song for the PSP, Link is considered okay, and Unlimited Codes is a fun if busted fighter.

Like they're batting higher on the end of decent video games than they are legitimately bad ones and the only one no one seems to actually comment on is Fate/Tiger Colosseum which people seem to have played less than Battle Moon Wars, a fan game.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 4, 2019

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Someone subbed Saber's Tiger Colosseum scenario on youtube, where she beats up everyone because she thinks they took her food. That's my intereaction with that game

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tiger Colosseum also has, IIRC, a route/scenario where Artoria ends up the servant of Manaka, Arthur’s crazy original master from Prototype.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really like the lb3 crew, lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Red Hare is one of my favorite characters to be added into the game in a while, he even ended up in my top 50

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Red Hare is one of my favorite characters to be added into the game in a while, he even ended up in my top 50

he wound up in the low 90s for me but if chen gong was in this hed definitely be pretty high

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Hello I made an NA only sorter because I don’t know any of the JP characters. Enjoy:

https://fategrandsorterna.tumblr.com/sorter

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Last Encore removed everything good and fun about Extra and CCC. What a waste of an anime.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Literally having to play Mastermind for every encounter was piss, no way around it.

To save my sanity when I went thru the game a second time with Archer, I found a guide that lists most of the enemies patterns and just skill spam Caladbolg and Rho Aias to victory.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

halokiller posted:

Last Encore removed everything good and fun about Extra and CCC. What a waste of an anime.

Not true, Rani was still in it. Briefly.

I actually liked what they did with Nursery Rhyme's chapter too, though even that was a bit of a mess.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I hate Hyde Park's drop rate for Pages. But, strangely, I like its drop rate for bones.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

weird, the one posted earlier only gave me NA servants, i wonder if it can read your location. anyways, i took the test yesterday and i declared way too many servants to be tied, so i took it again and promised to never use the tie button. I think the results are pretty conclusive and good civ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I'd generally warn off of using tie if you can help it because in my experiencing trying to tie servants fucks poo poo up a lot.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Yeah, I'd generally warn off of using tie if you can help it because in my experiencing trying to tie servants fucks poo poo up a lot.

As I will clearly demonstrate.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

brainwrinkle posted:

Hello I made an NA only sorter because I don’t know any of the JP characters. Enjoy:

https://fategrandsorterna.tumblr.com/sorter

God bless. I had no idea who a lot of those people were.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

despite loving up majorly by having no consistent judging criteria and having not experienced most fate media (haven't even read like half of fgo lol), i'm happy with this group

choosing to not pay attention to the minutiae of the ranking order

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Goddamn, these sorters just go on forever. I gave up after 500 rounds.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Any list without Mash at the top is bad. Marie is also acceptable.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah I approached it as a straight power levels 1v1 versus matches, because the thing does say "battles" not "popularity/waifu tier list" and I gave up around 35% because it was just getting tedious to reason fights out. Like the two Gorgon Sisters should lose almost every single match up, but Gorgon would body nearly everybody except for the really exceptional heroes. And obviously Angra would also lose almost every single fight, but then you have stuff like Arash vs Emiya, and it's like, well, Arash should probably be the better archer, however, his NP kills him, although it would likely guarantee a double KO, but then again, Emiya is a sly mofo, so maybe he has an ace up his sleeve, so...

Anyway, I gave up.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I did mine fully, took 1500 rounds and an hour though. One of the more surprising outcomes for me was that Achilles ended up in the bottom 10. I don't feel like I actively hate him like much of the rest of the bottom, I just think he looks like a lame Kevin Graham. Any big Achilles fans out there?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would be boring if we all gave mash everything just because she's the fgo heroine

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Myriad Truths posted:

I did mine fully, took 1500 rounds and an hour though. One of the more surprising outcomes for me was that Achilles ended up in the bottom 10. I don't feel like I actively hate him like much of the rest of the bottom, I just think he looks like a lame Kevin Graham. Any big Achilles fans out there?

he's a mid tier Apocrypha servant who i'd probably rate higher than a lot of other servants but just on the back of liking Apocrypha, his proximity to Chiron, and being an awesome unit mechanically.

so basically nothing inherent to his actual character lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Achilles in the Nasuverse is up there with Heracles in terms of power levels, so he should be ranked higher if this wasn't a waifu list.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Achilles is green-haired Cu with less character, but he is attached to one of the better Apocrypha characters and has a really good fight so I'd be willing to give him some credit, I guess. I don't care for him because he almost always just reminds me of better characters, but he's inoffensive enough.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I dunno if I'd call this a waifu list, even if Leonardo is what I'd consider waifu material. It's more like "party people in the house" list.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

They look like a solid bunch to drink with for sure

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Fun, thanks for making that!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Achilles is a busted servant in-lore that only lost because the holy grail loves trolling and got the one guy that can beat him.

Apoc has a lot of super invincible servants that die for stupid reasons (hi, siegfried).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I mean tbf that's what happens in most "invincible hero" mythologies

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Took almost 1300 rounds to sort them all and had to spread it out a bit to get through it.

Yeah, that looks about right to me I guess. Most of the positions don't quite match what the NA only one gave me, but a lot of the placements in the upper end are more down to whim and trying not to mash the tie button constantly than a precisely fixed ranking order, so good enough.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Captain Baal posted:

[...] the only one no one seems to actually comment on is Fate/Tiger Colosseum which people seem to have played less than Battle Moon Wars, a fan game.

I wonder if this makes tiger colosseum by any means a rare or collectible game, because I seem to have a physical copy in my possession despite having zero recollection of ever buying or playing it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tiger colosseum sealed in box goes for about 50-70 usd on ebay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

Goddamn, these sorters just go on forever. I gave up after 500 rounds.

After many minutes of increasingly frenetic tapping i ended up with pretty much the exact results i would have figured.

Now, i should probably head back to Hyde Park so i get more stupid pages for the drat Caster at the top.