Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Does anyone know how to get Citi's 0% APR promotion for existing customers?

A friend has it, but I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
How is the Fidelity Visa Signature Card? I'm transitioning from Bank of America to Fidelity, and would like to ditch the BoA cards because the autopay is terrible. Also considering the Citi Double Cash, but I'm looking to simplify all my finances so having the Fidelity card is appealing mostly since Fidelity can then be my one stop shop for everything.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

laxbro posted:

How is the Fidelity Visa Signature Card? I'm transitioning from Bank of America to Fidelity, and would like to ditch the BoA cards because the autopay is terrible. Also considering the Citi Double Cash, but I'm looking to simplify all my finances so having the Fidelity card is appealing mostly since Fidelity can then be my one stop shop for everything.

Between the two, the Citi Double Cash gives you price protection (how many times have you bought something only for the price to go down within the next couple of months?) and better warranty coverage.

One downside to the Double Cash? It's a Mastercard, so it is not accepted in Costco stores. Luckily it's not a bad idea to carry both a Visa and a Mastercard in general, anyway.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

laxbro posted:

Fidelity contracts Elan to manage its Visa. Elan is not good - customer service sucks, the website is not well laid out and doing rather simple things like modifying autopay setups is confusing and error-prone. You have a minimum threshold of $50 in rewards before it's kicked over to your Fidelity cash account.

Citibank's customer service is famously inconsistent, but their website is better and redemptions are easier. Take redemptions straight to your checking account in order to get the full 2% - taking rewards as statement credits means you're not sending a payment for that amount, and so you don't get the 1% cash back for that part. Citibank's minimum redemption is $25.

Fidelity's card can work for you as long as you never need customer service or never need to change anything after the account is set up, and as long as you're fine with slightly higher minimum redemption requirements.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

saintonan posted:

Fidelity contracts Elan to manage its Visa. Elan is not good - customer service sucks, the website is not well laid out and doing rather simple things like modifying autopay setups is confusing and error-prone. You have a minimum threshold of $50 in rewards before it's kicked over to your Fidelity cash account.

Citibank's customer service is famously inconsistent, but their website is better and redemptions are easier. Take redemptions straight to your checking account in order to get the full 2% - taking rewards as statement credits means you're not sending a payment for that amount, and so you don't get the 1% cash back for that part. Citibank's minimum redemption is $25.

Fidelity's card can work for you as long as you never need customer service or never need to change anything after the account is set up, and as long as you're fine with slightly higher minimum redemption requirements.
I've had the Fidelity card since it was AmEx because I needed a non-AmEx AmEx to be able to get rewards for transfers to AmEx Serve. I haven't had any issues with it and use it as my primary CC as it gets 2%, but I've never had to contact customer service in the few years since it transferred to Elan. You're spot on regarding everything though, their site sucks.

If I didn't already have the Fidelity card, I would have signed up for Citi Double Cash. I have a Citi Costco Visa which gives 2% at Costco (but I use the Fidelity Visa at Costco), which you probably should have if you shop at Costco. 4% back on gas year round.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
So when Postmates asks whether you want to tip it asks “Insert amount of tip you’d like to add: [CURRENCY]XXX”

Where [CURRENCY] is whatever regional currency you’ve set as default in your iPhone and XXX is the amount you’d like to tip.

Except this is just lovely programming because they will charge whatever amount you put in USD, regardless of what currency it shows.

Long story short, I overtipped by 40x.

Postmates’ customer support told me they won’t do poo poo about it.

Is this grounds for a chargeback or will Chase tell me to pound sand?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

So when Postmates asks whether you want to tip it asks “Insert amount of tip you’d like to add: [CURRENCY]XXX”

Where [CURRENCY] is whatever regional currency you’ve set as default in your iPhone and XXX is the amount you’d like to tip.

Except this is just lovely programming because they will charge whatever amount you put in USD, regardless of what currency it shows.

Long story short, I overtipped by 40x.

Postmates’ customer support told me they won’t do poo poo about it.

Is this grounds for a chargeback or will Chase tell me to pound sand?

If you were told you'd be charged 1/40 what you were charged then yes the bank should be able to help you - just be aware that you'll be more or less severing your relationship with Postmates.

I'd escalate with Postmates first, but in the meantime take all sorts of screenshots/prepare any documentation you might need for your case/etc.

Something Offal
Jan 12, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Uber charged me a $5 surcharge after my ride ended because my city appends a $5 tax for pickups/dropoffs at our convention center, which is within a few doors of my actual dropoff location. After going back and forth a huge number of times with their only support option, in-app transactional text exchange with their support in India, they refused to refund me.

The only option available to me at that point was a partial chargeback via my Chase credit card, but I decided not to because I didn't want to risk forfeiting my ability to use Uber forever. Wasn't worth $5 to me. Fuckers, though.

Something Offal fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 24, 2018

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Something Offal posted:

Uber charged me a $5 surcharge after my ride ended because my city appends a $5 tax for pickups/dropoffs at our convention center, which is within a few doors of my actual dropoff location. After going back and forth a huge number of times with their only support option, in-app transactional text exchange with their support in India, they refused to refund me.

The only option available to me at that point was a partial chargeback via my Chase credit card, but I decided not to because I didn't want to risk forfeiting my ability to use Uber forever. Wasn't worth $5 to me. Fuckers, though.

Don’t merchants usually just blacklist that particular card?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
As I have only been at the points/miles game for a short while, and only in a strong economy, what happens if the US economy slips into recession? Are banks more likely to be stricter with sign-up bonuses and be cheap with their offers, or will deals get better to lure people to take on more credit? I am wondering if I should take on as many sign-up offers as I can in the short term or if I should hold out for better deals if the economy takes a downturn. Thanks in advance!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey goons, I think I got a referral off this:

Goon Credit Card random referral page:
:siren:https://goo.gl/aA5mzH:siren:

Thanks!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
I'm gonna open a Schwab checking account to use with foreign ATMs, as many here have recommended. It looks like it requires a linked brokerage account? If that's the case, can I open one and never use it?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

TheEye posted:

I'm gonna open a Schwab checking account to use with foreign ATMs, as many here have recommended. It looks like it requires a linked brokerage account? If that's the case, can I open one and never use it?

Yes

astral
Apr 26, 2004

TheEye posted:

Not only that, but you can get $100 for free just by opening it via a referral. (the referrer gets nothing but the satisfaction of helping someone out)

edit: info: https://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/nn/client-FAQs.html

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

astral posted:

Not only that, but you can get $100 for free just by opening it via a referral. (the referrer gets nothing but the satisfaction of helping someone out)

Yeah, I was just reminded by the doc linked by Jerk McJerkface. So hey, thanks!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Speaking of that spreadsheet: the old Chase Freedom Unlimited referral links expired, so anyone with one of those referrals should make sure to regenerate it.

TheEye posted:

Yeah, I was just reminded by the doc linked by Jerk McJerkface. So hey, thanks!

No problem! One last note in case you hadn't heard - Schwab's checking does a hard credit pull when you sign up. Definitely is worth it though.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, a plug for this:

Goon Credit Card random referral page:
:siren:https://goo.gl/aA5mzH:siren:

astral posted:

Speaking of that spreadsheet: the old Chase Freedom Unlimited referral links expired, so anyone with one of those referrals should make sure to regenerate it.

Thanks, I'll check on this now.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, in the new year I'm planning to up my credit card reward game. I currently have a Sapphire Reserve, Wells Fargo starter card (don't use) and a Citi Simplicity (don't use). I don't want to close either of the old cards since they extend my credit life a good amount of years but I'm planning on getting (in order):

Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Discover IT
Citi Doublecash

Are there any other cards worth looking into for sign-up bonuses/perks or other rewards? I'm mostly into travel rewards and am a consultant who does moderate travel (7 - 12 times a year or so). Hoping to build up enough points through the Chase ecosystem (or others with suggestions) to fully cover my trip to the Olympics in 2020.

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 1, 2019

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

So, in the new year I'm planning to up my credit card reward game. I currently have a Sapphire Reserve, Bank of America starter card (don't use) and a Citi Simplicity (don't use). I don't want to close either of the old cards since they extend my credit life a good amount of years but I'm planning on getting (in order):

Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Discover IT
Citi Doublecash

Are there any other cards worth looking into for sign-up bonuses/perks or other rewards? I'm mostly into travel rewards and am a consultant who does moderate travel (7 - 12 times a year or so). Hoping to build up enough points through the Chase ecosystem (or others with suggestions) to fully cover my trip to the Olympics in 2020.

Starting with the chase cards is solid because of their 5/24 restrictions. If you're into travel rewards, you may also want to look at the Southwest and United cards, especially if you use either of those airlines. The United one gives you extra award availability and a free checked bag, as well as a 25% mile bonus if you're buying egift cards with the MileagePlus X app.

If your consulting is done in your own name, you should definitely consider one of the Chase Ink business cards - the business preferred gives you 80k UR on $5k spend with a $95 annual fee, but there are also the no annual fee business Cash (5% categories like Office Supplies, internet/cable/phone service) and Unlimited (1.5% back as UR, like the Freedom Unlimited) with 50k UR on $3k spend.

Chase also has IHG and Marriott cards if you patronize one of those brands.

When getting chase cards, if it's on this list, you can get a referral from a friend or family member to give them some nice bonus points.

After Chase, the most restrictive lenders seem to be Barclays (at least for the Arrival+) and Bank of America - though with BoA they are more lax if you actually have bank accounts with them. The BoA Premium Rewards has a 50k points offer ($95 annual fee not waived first year).

You said you already have a BoA card, so you might consider contacting them to see if you can product change it into the actually-useful Cash Rewards card for 1-2-3% back at various places. Rumor has it that it's getting a revamp soon with how the 3% category works, as well.

In the meantime, keep your eyes open for the new-amex-customer 100k Platinum offer.

I'd put off the Citi Double Cash - it's better to get something like the Citi Premier (usually 50k bonus points and waived AF; points range from being useful for travel to being a bit awkward if you want to turn them directly into cash). Then, after a year, product change the Premier down to the Double Cash. Citi also offers American Airlines cards, and you can read up on how to get targeted for mailers that let you sign up for multiples of that card for tons of AA signup bonus miles.

You already have a Citi Simplicity, so if you're not using that you might want to product change that into the Double Cash.

Discover's gone downhill in terms of card benefits, but the first year of the IT is always nice for the cashback match, effectively making it a 2% everywhere, 10% category card for the first year. You can snag a referral for this one, too, to get $50 for each of you, or sometimes Amazon offers a gift card with signup if you go through Amazon's site.

Edit: Added a note about Chase business cards

astral fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 1, 2019

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

astral posted:

Starting with the chase cards is solid because of their 5/24 restrictions. If you're into travel rewards, you may also want to look at the Southwest and United cards, especially if you use either of those airlines. The United one gives you extra award availability and a free checked bag, as well as a 25% mile bonus if you're buying egift cards with the MileagePlus X app.

If your consulting is done in your own name, you should definitely consider one of the Chase Ink business cards - the business preferred gives you 80k UR on $5k spend with a $95 annual fee, but there are also the no annual fee business Cash (5% categories like Office Supplies, internet/cable/phone service) and Unlimited (1.5% back as UR, like the Freedom Unlimited) with 50k UR on $3k spend.

Chase also has IHG and Marriott cards if you patronize one of those brands.

When getting chase cards, if it's on this list, you can get a referral from a friend or family member to give them some nice bonus points.

After Chase, the most restrictive lenders seem to be Barclays (at least for the Arrival+) and Bank of America - though with BoA they are more lax if you actually have bank accounts with them. The BoA Premium Rewards has a 50k points offer ($95 annual fee not waived first year).

You said you already have a BoA card, so you might consider contacting them to see if you can product change it into the actually-useful Cash Rewards card for 1-2-3% back at various places. Rumor has it that it's getting a revamp soon with how the 3% category works, as well.

In the meantime, keep your eyes open for the new-amex-customer 100k Platinum offer.

I'd put off the Citi Double Cash - it's better to get something like the Citi Premier (usually 50k bonus points and waived AF; points range from being useful for travel to being a bit awkward if you want to turn them directly into cash). Then, after a year, product change the Premier down to the Double Cash. Citi also offers American Airlines cards, and you can read up on how to get targeted for mailers that let you sign up for multiples of that card for tons of AA signup bonus miles.

You already have a Citi Simplicity, so if you're not using that you might want to product change that into the Double Cash.

Discover's gone downhill in terms of card benefits, but the first year of the IT is always nice for the cashback match, effectively making it a 2% everywhere, 10% category card for the first year. You can snag a referral for this one, too, to get $50 for each of you, or sometimes Amazon offers a gift card with signup if you go through Amazon's site.

Edit: Added a note about Chase business cards

Thanks! This is great info. I realized I goofed and said BoA when I meant Wells Fargo but everything else is still accurate.

Can you product change the simplicity to a doublecash now? I tried doing that a few years back and they wouldn't let me so it's just been sitting dormant.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

Thanks! This is great info. I realized I goofed and said BoA when I meant Wells Fargo but everything else is still accurate.

Can you product change the simplicity to a doublecash now? I tried doing that a few years back and they wouldn't let me so it's just been sitting dormant.

Was it open for under a year when you tried? I believe they require it to be open at least a year before allowing you to change it. It's probably worth trying again either way; Citi's IT is comically bad, so it wouldn't even surprise me if the PC-ability of a card changed based on coin flips and moon phases.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Chaotic Flame posted:

No go for me earlier this year, maybe late Q1 or early Q2. Maybe it’s worth calling and asking... Card has been open a couple years, 2ish at that point.

h0llyw00d
Feb 18, 2015
Thinking about upping the plastic this year.. not sure if it's a good idea though. Always iffy about credit pulls (don't want anything to happen to my credit, naturally.. nature of the game). Is there any better cash back business CC than the Chase Business card? Took me two years to find out that you get 5% cash back on internet, etc. with this card. Ooops.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
So I posted this question a few days ago:

VorpalBunny posted:

As I have only been at the points/miles game for a short while, and only in a strong economy, what happens if the US economy slips into recession? Are banks more likely to be stricter with sign-up bonuses and be cheap with their offers, or will deals get better to lure people to take on more credit? I am wondering if I should take on as many sign-up offers as I can in the short term or if I should hold out for better deals if the economy takes a downturn. Thanks in advance!

And I got my answer from WSJ! I guess we'll sign up for as many as we can and make the minimum spends as fast as I can, before they start drying up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rewards-credit-cards-gained-a-fanatic-followingnow-banks-are-pulling-back-11546365926

And if that's behind a paywall for you, here's a distillation from Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-banks-credit-cards/big-banks-look-to-cut-back-alter-credit-card-rewards-programs-wsj-idUSKCN1OV1SX

VorpalBunny fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 3, 2019

Girbot
Jan 13, 2009
If you're looking at Chase cards, start with those.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I’m having a “good problem to have”.

I have quite a few points (300,000k UR, 60k AMEX MR, tons of airline miles) and I’m accruing them faster than I can spend them on rewards that I find reasonable.

I travel a lot for work, and a lot of is international business class, so the novelty has long wore off and I can’t bring myself to spent a ton of points on lavish business/first class seats. Maybe once so I can treat my GF.

So I was considering the possibility of cashing out my UR points, thus taking at least 50% value hit over using it for travel, and dumping the money into my Roth IRA where it will accrue interest for a long time.

Does this seem reasonable?

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

Animal posted:

I’m having a “good problem to have”.

I have quite a few points (300,000k UR, 60k AMEX MR, tons of airline miles) and I’m accruing them faster than I can spend them on rewards that I find reasonable.

I travel a lot for work, and a lot of is international business class, so the novelty has long wore off and I can’t bring myself to spent a ton of points on lavish business/first class seats. Maybe once so I can treat my GF.

So I was considering the possibility of cashing out my UR points, thus taking at least 50% value hit over using it for travel, and dumping the money into my Roth IRA where it will accrue interest for a long time.

Does this seem reasonable?

I mean do you never ever spend on personal travel? You're better off leaving in and waiting for a travel expense than waiting for your IRA to make up the 50% IMO. Just stop paying cash for trips.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

hostile apostle posted:

I mean do you never ever spend on personal travel? You're better off leaving in and waiting for a travel expense than waiting for your IRA to make up the 50% IMO. Just stop paying cash for trips.

Yeah we go on personal trips about 3 times per year but we end up using airline miles and hotel points to cover everything, and I keep accruing those at work so they never seem to run out.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Chase changed their sign-up bonuses to be every 48 hours, correct? So if I got the CSR when it launched I have to wait until 2020 to get it again? I have a large amount of UR points that I'm looking to spend this year on a trip for the family to Greece and want to get the 150% bonus on spending them. I think it'd be worth it to sign up for the CSR again even without the bonus to take advantage of that. Does this make sense?

Also, I live in Detroit and it looks like from a cash perspective the best place to fly out of is Toronto to get to Greece. Would UR be the best route for flights from there or should I look at another carrier? I think Air Canada is part of the same alliance as United. I need to develop a points strategy for this trip and still thinking of it out loud.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Animal posted:

Yeah we go on personal trips about 3 times per year but we end up using airline miles and hotel points to cover everything, and I keep accruing those at work so they never seem to run out.

Spend and rebuild your balances. Don't horde them, they lose value, but keep using them for "free" vacations. You won't have this job forever and you won't be able to travel whenever, wherever, forever either, and you'll want to still have those points when life changes it up on you.

I used to have 100% travel job and built big balances on Hilton, AA, etc. I'm still living off them even though my new job(s) have taken travel down to like 10%. Nice to be able to still swing some business class tickets for the wife for a vacation and not go out of pocket on it.

Or, do the math, doesn't it make more sense to use your points for the vacations you wanted to take anyway and pocket those dollars in your ROTH vs. cashing out points (at a discount!) then paying out of pocket for the same trip?

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

TraderStav posted:

Chase changed their sign-up bonuses to be every 48 hours, correct? So if I got the CSR when it launched I have to wait until 2020 to get it again? I have a large amount of UR points that I'm looking to spend this year on a trip for the family to Greece and want to get the 150% bonus on spending them. I think it'd be worth it to sign up for the CSR again even without the bonus to take advantage of that. Does this make sense?

Also, I live in Detroit and it looks like from a cash perspective the best place to fly out of is Toronto to get to Greece. Would UR be the best route for flights from there or should I look at another carrier? I think Air Canada is part of the same alliance as United. I need to develop a points strategy for this trip and still thinking of it out loud.

Could also sign up for the amex plat and get 5x on that airfare, which can be better than the CSR if you can transfer the points to a partner or there's a way to cash out at 1.25c with Schwab. There's also plenty of no annual fee cards with 3% cash back on travel, so you'd have to do the math if it's worth signing up for the CSR.

Signing up now for the CSR again is just going to set you back another 48 months for the sign up bonus.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Animal posted:

You can also use those points to buy e.g. discounted Disney tickets, car rentals, etc through some of those travel CC portals.

TraderStav posted:

This is one reason why you should almost always product change a UR Chase card instead of closing it - you can product change back later.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

hostile apostle posted:

Could also sign up for the amex plat and get 5x on that airfare, which can be better than the CSR if you can transfer the points to a partner or there's a way to cash out at 1.25c with Schwab. There's also plenty of no annual fee cards with 3% cash back on travel, so you'd have to do the math if it's worth signing up for the CSR.

Signing up now for the CSR again is just going to set you back another 48 months for the sign up bonus.

Just realized that I said 48 hours instead of months, you got me though.

I thought the restriction was 48 months from when you received it, not from when you last opened it.

For the AMEX plat though, that would be getting the airfare without using any points so would have points to burn later, correct? I'm looking to find the best strategy to redeem the airfare, and to accumulate (or use what I've accumulated thus far) to make it as cheap as possible. 3 kids makes it a tough European trip so everything helps. I'm closing in around 100K URs so I figure that's about $1500 toward airfare with the CSR.

astral posted:

This is one reason why you should almost always product change a UR Chase card instead of closing it - you can product change back later.

I actually did do that, changed it to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. I have the option to bring it back to get the 150% bonus?

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Anything special I need to do before I downgrade my CSR? I figure I'll downgrade to a Freedom. Do I lose all my points once I downgrade?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

TraderStav posted:

I actually did do that, changed it to the Chase Freedom Unlimited. I have the option to bring it back to get the 150% bonus?

You can product change it back to the CSR. If you do, you will be assessed the annual fee for the CSR - it might not be immediate, but it will happen.

Rudest Buddhist posted:

Anything special I need to do before I downgrade my CSR? I figure I'll downgrade to a Freedom. Do I lose all my points once I downgrade?

If you've held it for at least a year, you can product change it with a quick phone call. You keep your points.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

How does that impact the bonus timing, still eligible in 2020?

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe

astral posted:

If you've held it for at least a year, you can product change it with a quick phone call. You keep your points.

I've had it for 10 months. Should I wait until I hit a year and then get the refund?

Edit: nvm that's a dumb question. I'll just call them.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

TraderStav posted:

How does that impact the bonus timing, still eligible in 2020?

chase posted:

not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.

Bolded part isn't changing, but if you're holding a Sapphire card in 2020 you'll need to product change it down before applying to a new one.

That's even assuming they don't change the rules again between now and mid-2020, which isn't necessarily a safe assumption.

Rudest Buddhist posted:

I've had it for 10 months. Should I wait until I hit a year and then get the refund?

For product changes I typically wait until in between the 1yr mark of signing up and the date the annual fee will post - they tell you the latter in one of the statements leading up to the year mark.

astral fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 5, 2019

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

astral posted:

Bolded part isn't changing, but if you're holding a Sapphire card in 2020 you'll need to product change it down before applying to a new one.

That's even assuming they don't change the rules again between now and mid-2020, which isn't necessarily a safe assumption.

For product changes I typically wait until in between the 1yr mark of signing up and the date the annual fee will post - they tell you the latter in one of the statements leading up to the year mark.

Thanks! That helps. I'd only product change up to redeem points at a higher value and then likely product change back down after that (and after recouping $300 in travel credits to offset the AF) giving me room to reapply for a bonus if available in 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Are there any reports of the 100k MR offer still cropping up for Amex Plat?

I’d prefer that but if the likelihood of getting the offer is super low I’ll just for for the CSR/CSP double dip and deal with the $8k in minimum spend.