Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Ann Coulter is in a personal feud with the Koch Brothers for being a different flavor of reactionary evil than she is, and also only derives satisfaction from the attention being loudly contrarian brings her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Oh man, that was the first album I ever bought. Going to go listen to that again, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wR1MVdDmUA Favorite song from that album. It's about the murders of teenage girls in Ciudad Juarez. I want At the Drive in to write a song for the Ayotzinapa students because that poo poo is being swept under the rug.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
We can retake symbols. We just have to use them expressly to say "gently caress off, this isn't yours and you can't have it." There is great beauty in Norse mythology. The symbols and culture are wonderful and unique. They represent a piece of European culture that was fantastical, violent, and completely divorced from Christianity. I picked my name because Freya is a god of beauty, and death. And she is known for her rage at dumb fucks. She's a leader of a tribe that once opposed Odin's tribe before a treaty was made. gently caress off, you don't own Freya. The Vanir serve beauty, and the leftist hopes for the future are beautiful. But every time I use this name or the symbols, like a nice curved triskelion to mark the passing of the season, I need to put up some leftist symbols with it lest you fukkos thing we are friends.

So gently caress Ultima Thule. Only Nazis know what that is so there is no point retaking it. Just expose the fuckers that use it for what they are.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

lol where have you been for the last two years fucko?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Kammat posted:

I've had this running through my head for a few days, still haven't figured out how the rest should go:

Don't call it a steel slat!
It's been there for years!

I'm gonna shut you down!
Fox News said shut you down!
I'm gonna shut you down!
Dem'crats said shut you down!
I'm gonna shut you down!
"MAGA said shut you down..."

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Lid posted:

Now i will say this much - arugala/rocket is so bitter i dont know how anyone can eat the thing

dijon is fine
You've got the gene that tastes it then. Nobody with that gene can eat it, it's too bitter. Without it it's fine.

Glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought of Mittens smirking at Vilerat's smoking corpse when he clutched his pearls about "elevating the discourse".

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I just now got it: they HAVE to focus on the "motherfucker" part because otherwise they'd have to focus on the "impeachment" part and put their views on trump on the record. Every craven, cowardly motherfucker squealing about "decorum" is really just saying "PLEASE don't ask me to defend trump" because moral arguments are so much easier than actual political arguments.
God drat dude.

loving daps.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Ann Coulter is in a personal feud with the Koch Brothers for being a different flavor of reactionary evil than she is, and also only derives satisfaction from the attention being loudly contrarian brings her.

Isn't it just because they're Jewish?

Smithers, I'm beginning to think these nazis aren't the brilliant negotiators I thought they were.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Minion of Freya posted:

We can retake symbols. We just have to use them expressly to say "gently caress off, this isn't yours and you can't have it." There is great beauty in Norse mythology. The symbols and culture are wonderful and unique. They represent a piece of European culture that was fantastical, violent, and completely divorced from Christianity. I picked my name because Freya is a god of beauty, and death. And she is known for her rage at dumb fucks. She's a leader of a tribe that once opposed Odin's tribe before a treaty was made. gently caress off, you don't own Freya. The Vanir serve beauty, and the leftist hopes for the future are beautiful. But every time I use this name or the symbols, like a nice curved triskelion to mark the passing of the season, I need to put up some leftist symbols with it lest you fukkos thing we are friends.

So gently caress Ultima Thule. Only Nazis know what that is so there is no point retaking it. Just expose the fuckers that use it for what they are.

Anyone who has taken latin or is interested in the history of geography, exploration or cartography knows what that ultima thule means, and they are way more numerous than neo-nazis

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I have a couple friends excited at the idea of Cruz’s Congress term limits but as I recall this is actually a bad thing but I can’t locate the break down of why. Does anyone have a handy link available or a clear list of how this is actually bad like everything else Cruz has ever done?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I have a couple friends excited at the idea of Cruz’s Congress term limits but as I recall this is actually a bad thing but I can’t locate the break down of why. Does anyone have a handy link available or a clear list of how this is actually bad like everything else Cruz has ever done?

term limits arguably strengthen lobbyists at the expense of legislators, because now you have absolutely no meaningful institutional legislative knowledge

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1081213749309198338

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Republicans got historically dragged to the shed, and stand to get another severe asswhipping in the next class. Of generally much younger candidates.
So, what to do? Say they can't keep the job. so that they don't have this overwhelming blob of incumbents for 40 years.
It is changing the rules because they lost.

Also, term limits are a gimmick for idiots, and mean that every candidate has only two jobs, run for office, and make contacts for their career as a lobbyist.

It makes for bad legislators, and bad laws, and means that ALEC writes all the laws they pass.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Charlz Guybon posted:

Anyone who has taken latin or is interested in the history of geography, exploration or cartography knows what that ultima thule means, and they are way more numerous than neo-nazis

I did two years of Latin and classical mythology. It isn't used in Wheelock's Latin, Hamilton's mythology or Grimal's dictionary. Those are the standard texts still, right? So how did you hear about it?

Was it a magic card?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Minion of Freya posted:

I did two years of Latin and classical mythology. It isn't used in Wheelock's Latin, Hamilton's mythology or Grimal's dictionary. Those are the standard texts still, right? So how did you hear about it?

Was it a magic card?

my money's on world of warcraft

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

The Thule Society is in basically every modern pulp story featuring Nazis as the bad guys, up to and including Wolfenstein. And I took GCSE Latin without ever hearing about ultima thule.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Spikeguy posted:

Getting the same thing working for the snap program for dcfs of Louisiana. Daily don't want to be out of work. Not to mention the strain for my clients.

It is just absurd. The rest of the guidance says we will literally get four working hours heads up when we run out of money, to handle time sensitive matters.

I have an entire goddamn docket of time sensitive poo poo. Everything I do is time sensitive. How does that work?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/AndyBCampbell/status/1081299900187492354

BRB trying to find my violin, it's so small I keep losing it.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Harik posted:

Nice of him to acknowledge that he feels personally associated with the word hate.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Since I didn’t have the audio on my computer when I saw AOCs recent video I didn’t realize she was dancing to “war” the anti war protest song.

That’s awesome

She should make videos of her dancing to other protest songs.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Harik posted:

for someone who pontificates about being the pinnacle of western masculinity or whatever, he’s a loving wiiiiiiimmmmmmp

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Sandy cat cute taxations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Woke Ann Coulter is the best part of 2019 so far

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Minion of Freya posted:

Was it a magic card?

Picked it up in High School IIRC, holed up in the history section of the library. First learned about as the medieval name for Greenland and then the Latin meaning and mythological connotations.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

She's dropped the conservative mask and revealed her true form as a full-on white nationalist. She'll accept high taxes to deport all dark-skinned people, and she hates the Koch brothers because they aren't on board with her racism.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RuanGacho posted:

Taste is more subjective than we nominally realize.

Of course this has led to strange theories for me like sweet tea is a sign of alien parasites.

my tastebuds are really bad with bitter things, i cant drink beer or coffee for the same reason

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pelosi townhall on MSNBC right now. It’s not live but it’s gotta be from earlier today.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Newsflash: Nazis don't care if you "take the thing back". They're cultural parasites and will taint whatever they can get their hands on. If you knowingly decide to name something that Nazis revere - after all the poo poo we've been and are going through just in the last two years alone - then, at BEST, you're a tone def idiot. Read the loving room, they are using anything they can get their hands on to solidify themselves so firmly into culture that they can stay in the fight that has the tide turning against them.

We're trying to purge them from all corners of our political system not start a loving slap fight over names you idiots.

You really need to read a book or spend some times on a White Nationalist message board (strike that because if you're already this dumb you may join them lol), but they use propaganda and spin however they can to bolster their confidence and numbers. This is all technique they've been working on since the 30s and it's probably the only thing they're competent at. They rely heavily on mythology, psuedo-science, fear, AND HIDING IN PLAIN SIGHT. Maybe when we don't have literal child concentration camps on our soil and Nazis dumping their dumb as gently caress 14/88 dog whistles into government reports then maybe... MAYBE you have a leg to stand on with this "we're taking the name back THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR EXCEPT THE NAZIS".

To be clear, it doesn't matter what the name means to US it's about what it means to THEM. NASA is an agency of the United States Federal Government and shouldn't be even be appearing to give shoutouts to Nazis you imbeciles.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

overmind2000 posted:

Woke Ann Coulter is the best part of 2019 so far

It's... problematic, at first blush I thought "Yes, if we can steal their populism appeals we can slay the capitalist dragon for this generation!"

And then I thought about it, and if we have to do it with their racist support, it is no victory at all because it'll play out as it regularly did in the 20th century, with POC and other minorities not benefiting.

I'm not willing to let that happen again, solidarity for all my brothers and sisters, gently caress Ann coulter and her broken clock rhetoric, she's a disease in our society.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Harik posted:

Ah, the good old classic "you're being intolerant of my intolerance, you bigots!"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

lollin at this

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-referred-to-shutdown-as-strike-in-profanity-laced-meeting-with-democratic-leaders posted:

The White House did not respond to a request for comment as of press time. But according to one source familiar with the meeting, Schumer did press the president to re-open the government before continuing negotiations on a border wall. Otherwise, the Senator suggested, the president was effectively using government employees and shuttered government agencies as leverage.

“I’m not going to say it’s for leverage, but I’m not going to get a deal unless I do this," the president replied, according to the source.

The Democrats in the room shook their heads, the source said, as if to say "so, you’re doing it for leverage…"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I found the full Rashida speech and it is even better than that short clip we have all seen

https://youtu.be/Bub4bRNy8YQ

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Harik posted:

It's really unfortunate Travis McElroy turns evil in the future and invents a time machine to come back and terrorize us as Gavin McInnes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tatsuta Age posted:

lollin at this

quote:

”I’m not going to say it’s for leverage, but I’m not going to get a deal unless I do this," the president replied, according to the source.

Lol that’s great.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tatsuta Age posted:

lollin at this

sometimes I'm glad our President is a moron

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Strange Poon posted:

Newsflash: Nazis don't care if you "take the thing back". They're cultural parasites and will taint whatever they can get their hands on.

To be clear, it doesn't matter what the name means to US it's about what it means to THEM. NASA is an agency of the United States Federal Government and shouldn't be even be appearing to give shoutouts to Nazis you imbeciles.

Nazis claim literally everything, from a norse mythology to a loving cartoon frog to the goddamned "ok" sign. Just ignore them trying to lift a leg and claim something as theirs. If the general public doesn't recognize it as nazi symbolism and it's not something blatant like a stylized SS or 1488 or the iron cross, just ignore their bullshit.

E: For example, dog taxes are banned because the nazis have claimed "good doggo" as theirs now:
https://twitter.com/DogsJobs/status/1081258036096892928

Harik fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 5, 2019

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The dipshits that I live with got their loving big foot masturbator and I'm now unfortunately getting emails from his dumbass.

Danvile Dipshit posted:

On Wednesday, I was sworn in as a member of Congress. I was joined by my family for the ceremony and I had the great privilege of using a Bible and 1789 Constitution as part of my swearing in. The 5th district was established on March 4th, 1789. James Madison, the “Father of the Constitution”, was the first Congressman to represent the 5th. I will try to hold myself to the high standards of Madison and the 5th district. It is an incredible honor to represent the people of this historic district in Congress.

I have pledged to operate an office with the highest standards of transparency and integrity. I encourage everyone to follow me on social media (@RepRiggleman on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and visit my office in 1022 Longworth House Office Building. I will also hold myself to the highest ethical standards as we serve the people of the 5th district. (Jacking it to Big Foot)

Following the swearing in ceremony, we held the first votes of the 116th Congress. On the first day of session we voted on a bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security
This bill does not provide funding at a level that secures our borders. I voted no because I ran on solving our immigration crisis through bipartisan compromise and a multi-layered approach. Shutting down the government over .11% of the budget isn’t providing solutions, it’s cheap political theater. I call on my colleagues to work with me to find a bipartisan solution to the immigration crisis.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Never ignore. Call out and stomp on every front, and if it means something real then take it back and associate it with our own symbols. But never present it alone.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Harik posted:

Nazis claim literally everything, from a norse mythology to a loving cartoon frog to the goddamned "ok" sign. Just ignore them trying to lift a leg and claim something as theirs. If the general public doesn't recognize it as nazi symbolism and it's not something blatant like a stylized SS or 1488 or the iron cross, just ignore their bullshit.

E: For example, dog taxes are banned because the nazis have claimed "good doggo" as theirs now:
https://twitter.com/DogsJobs/status/1081258036096892928

If you don't know the difference between an "OK" symbol and a Government Agency Doing A Thing, then I dunno what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
If you don't know the difference between well-known nazi symbols and poo poo that only a handful of losers at stormfront recognize I don't know what to tell you.

Nobody has to google the swastica, the chaplin mustache is dead, and everyone and their dog knows what the roman salute means. Those are nazi symbols, and we shouldn't use them because they are.

That doesn't mean literally every other thing any gestapo cosplayer has ever masturbated to is now verboten.