Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think I saw ~3 new models (that weren't already revealed) and they all look like HQ's / special characters

And...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Holy poo poo

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
I don’t think the tectonic drill will have the character keyword.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I think I saw ~3 new models (that weren't already revealed) and they all look like HQ's / special characters

They also got a giant drilldo you might find useful

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Geneuary already turning into a COMPLETE farce. Thanks for nothing GW 🙄

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
At least Orks got 4 models. Orktober supremacy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I wasn't complaining, I was just listing what I saw in case people in the thread couldn't click the video.

Didn't realize there was a community page up.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This guy rules so hard, love his little pinky ring

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I wasn't complaining, I was just listing what I saw in case people in the thread couldn't click the video.

Didn't realize there was a community page up.

No worries buddy :glomp:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Gonna be in the minority then in not liking that new tech priest. Too busy.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ropes4u posted:

Going to try some pox walkers this weekend and see how it goes. Pretty hard to mess up a pox walker anyway...

I’m new to this but I had to rebase one of my poxwalkers last week due to putting way too much orange/red shade on him. He was like a Death Walker Trump.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Techpriest Harkonen is pretty fly but Genestealer Mccree is exactly my jam. Gonna be so hard not to start a new army of these guys... at least I already have a bunch of Guard to ally with them.

It's high noon.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
GSC sam fisher also looking pretty good. Nice to see them going the "fun lil dudes" direction with the genestealer familiars.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
drat, three-armed gunfighter from Vigilus looking good. What a eastwoodian badass. Also, assassin dude, new magus type? (probably named?), tech dude? So cool. I guess since I've got both admech and cult, I guess I'm gonna be in for both those kill-team sides too, plus they must loving finally be close to releasing an aberrant box. Looking like it's gonna be an expensive spring :homebrew:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
GSC and Admech both armies notable for not needing any more character options.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So the first Blackstone Fortress expansion is going to feature the Ambull and holy hell is the model impressive.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Revelation 2-13 posted:

drat, three-armed gunfighter from Vigilus looking good. What a eastwoodian badass. Also, assassin dude, new magus type? (probably named?), tech dude? So cool. I guess since I've got both admech and cult, I guess I'm gonna be in for both those kill-team sides too, plus they must loving finally be close to releasing an aberrant box. Looking like it's gonna be an expensive spring :homebrew:

Ditto. That AdMech box is gonna be a must-buy for me; been waiting for a new tech-priest model and I hadn't got around to picking up those cool Sicarians yet. Between that, GSC and the new AT expansion this is gonna be an expensive next few months.

As cool as they are, I really don't get why GSC need so many new character units:
Abominant
Gunslinger
Nexos
Sniper bike
Female magus
Assassin
Vox guy
Sword/preacher guy
There's a new medic-like guy in the video too

With the existing options that's over a dozen characters for a codex that still has a handful of unique regular units. Can't see myself buying too many of them. My favourites are still the new Aberrants, which I'll probably grab a couple boxes of when they're out separately.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

Ditto. That AdMech box is gonna be a must-buy for me; been waiting for a new tech-priest model and I hadn't got around to picking up those cool Sicarians yet. Between that, GSC and the new AT expansion this is gonna be an expensive next few months.

As cool as they are, I really don't get why GSC need so many new character units:
Abominant
Gunslinger
Nexos
Sniper bike
Female magus
Assassin
Vox guy
Sword/preacher guy

With the existing options that's over a dozen characters for a codex that still has a handful of unique regular units. Can't see myself buying too many of them. My favourites are still the new Aberrants, which I'll probably grab a couple boxes of when they're out separately.

I would assume at least a couple are special characters since they currently have zero. As for why they've got them - because they look cool and the design team had fun making then is the real answer.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I love the little night vision genestealer

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Robo-Ambulls for Necromunda look great too -

I will likely end up looting some for my Orks at some point...

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Those Ambots seem like they'd make better Mutilators than the actual Mutilator models.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

xtothez posted:

Abominant
Gunslinger
Nexos
Sniper bike
Female magus
Assassin
Vox guy
Sword/preacher guy

I super love all the kits - they're amazing, look great, etcetc. The bikes and buggies will help fill fast attack where we only had one choice (sentinel). I was hoping for some sort of mining mech suit thing to go in heavy support but maybe they'll show something later. I did a whole index review for GSC where I kinda stated the durability problem (was discussed a bit in Discord). But again the models are amazing looking, and I'm extremely excited.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Zark the Damned posted:

The Robo-Ambulls for Necromunda look great too -

I will likely end up looting some for my Orks at some point...

Yeah those are looking perfect for Mega-armor Big Meks, just slap an Ork head in there somewhere and some random gubbins and voila.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

muggins posted:

I super love all the kits - they're amazing, look great, etcetc. The bikes and buggies will help fill fast attack where we only had one choice (sentinel). I was hoping for some sort of mining mech suit thing to go in heavy support but maybe they'll show something later. I did a whole index review for GSC where I kinda stated the durability problem (was discussed a bit in Discord). But again the models are amazing looking, and I'm extremely excited.

Thanks for that review, really helpful for me, coming off just my half of the kill team box.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

always be closing posted:

Thanks for that review, really helpful for me, coming off just my half of the kill team box.

No problem man, the whole thing is here: https://combinedarmspodcast.wordpress.com/genestealer-cult-index-review/

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
A CSM dude

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

R0ckfish posted:

A CSM dude

I dig the Icon of Sin staff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

R0ckfish posted:

A CSM dude

That looks incredible.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
If there isn't already you could easily set wings or a jump pack on that thing its fantastic.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm instantly buying a couple of the GSC lady for some done Dark Eldar conversions.

R0ckfish posted:

A CSM dude

Holy poo poo.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

mango sentinel posted:

I'm instantly buying a couple of the GSC lady for some done Dark Eldar conversions.

With some work and purity seals she could probably work as a Rogue Trader, noblewoman, and maybe even an Inquisitor or a Primaris Psyker.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Head swap and instant vampire too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
New AdMech dude is a little fleshy for my tastes (it does have an alternative head that's more cybernetic though) but a KT box with terrain and Sicarians is cool, and I'm interested to see where he fits on a 40k list (I know commanders have historically been Elites.)

All of the new GSC poo poo looks amazing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zark the Damned posted:

Techpriest Harkonen is pretty fly but Genestealer Mccree is exactly my jam. Gonna be so hard not to start a new army of these guys... at least I already have a bunch of Guard to ally with them.

It's high noon.

Its totally Dead-eye Duck

And I love it

R0ckfish posted:

A CSM dude

I'm sorry but what is this pose?

Is he jumping? Is he flying? He doesn't have a jump-pack, right?

Why is a chaos chaplain jumping through the air?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

He might be levitating. He looks like a psyker and they tend to do that. The heathens.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm sorry but what is this pose?

Is he jumping? Is he flying? He doesn't have a jump-pack, right?

Why is a chaos chaplain jumping through the air?

I assume he is some kinda psyker and is floating?

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008
He's almost certainly a sorcerer at which point floating is just the expected result. This is going to be a great year for Chaos players.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

R0ckfish posted:

I assume he is some kinda psyker and is floating?

I thought Heretics were different from Sorcerers or whatever

Hihohe posted:

He might be levitating. He looks like a psyker and they tend to do that. The heathens.

He looks like dark apostle, which is not a sorcerer. They don't get psyker powers do they? Don't think so. They give morale bonuses.

E: No, dark apostles are not psykers. I guess he could be a sorcerer though, but that imagery screams dark apostle to me.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 5, 2019

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
The portly tech priest looks quite corrupted to me one way or the other, so much so that I was scrutinising him for either GSC or chaos symbols.

I was thinking maybe they are flirting with the idea of releasing Dark Mechanicus, or maybe this guys lore will be he admires genestealers as the ultimate biological evolution (check out that third arm configuration... Genestealer gunslinger fetish ahoy)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I just read about dark apostles because I dont know a lot of lore about chaos and it says they are summoners of daemons. Can non pskers do that? Either way they channel some funky warp magic in some way it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'm guessing new unit type that answers the question "Wait, wouldn't it make sense for CSMs to use psykers for a role similar to loyalist marine chaplains?"