Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Broken Box posted:

same on hellweek (I have to cover palliative/hospice, psych, and MICU at the same time all week) but I ain't going in unpaid on the weekend

hatman what are you doin

Trying to reach a billion dollars in overall debt eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

good album, wish it was longer.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bearjew posted:

Lmao if u voted

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

and oh yeah remember when Cruisin Cruz shut down the govt with Green Eggs and Ham a while ago, that lost the economy like 25 billion dollars.

this is gonna be a lot worse.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Shageletic posted:

As a person who used to be and has friends there, oh hell yeah.

Things are kinda falling apart already, multiple agencies like the FCC and CFPB are down for the count already.

Ajit pai had to cancel his trip to check out the sex robots at CES

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
what convinces people it's fine to ring doorbells of complete strangers on Saturday morning to talk about the Bible

I'm always too disoriented to tell them "don't come back" so every few months this happens

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I did a thing posted:

Another 9/11could happen during the shutdown and it will be the drat libs and demonrats fault

America loves to feel safe by electing Nazis

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pancakes posted:

Trying to reach a billion dollars in overall debt eliminated.

Basta

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

so I assume the Grand Meeting of Staffers has commenced?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

We got our septic tank pumped out the other day and the guy who did it failed to yell SHITTER WAS FULL, I want my money back

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I love the mattering

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

haljordan posted:

Ajit pai had to cancel his trip to check out the sex robots at CES

:mrwhite:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don’t care

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Lol air traffick controllers have no union

Edit: or do they? I know Reagen hosed them

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Trump wanted to privatize air traffic controllers anyway, seems like a good way to do it imo

Actually, it was a Congressman's girlfriend (who was a lobbyist for the airline industry) who convinced her boyfriend to propose that. It went nowhere, I dunno if he's still a congressman or still has the same girlfriend, but that's how policy proposals are originated these days.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
waking up at 11 and still drunk is my poo poo

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

skaboomizzy posted:

what convinces people it's fine to ring doorbells of complete strangers on Saturday morning to talk about the Bible

I'm always too disoriented to tell them "don't come back" so every few months this happens

Have you heard the Good News?

TROMP!

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

pushpins posted:

Lol air traffick controllers have no union

Edit: or do they? I know Reagen hosed them

they reformed as the National Air Traffic Controllers Association after the PATCO smackdown, with a lot more restrictions on union activities

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

connected to my earlier posts (farts)

fknlo posted:

Not gonna happen. What will happen is things will slow down pretty heavily once the first missed paycheck hits. This happened the last time there was an extended shutdown. If it goes longer than that I think the system drat near comes to a halt by the second missed paycheck. Things will be noticeable well before that. A controller at Jacksonville Center that posts here has said that Atlanta Approach Control and Atlanta Center have told surrounding facilities that the normal planning and meetings and stuff that would normally go into handling the Super Bowl are "non-essential" and to expect 50-100 miles in trail on aircraft, which is massive and would have ramifications across the country. It would also make quite a few rich and influential people miss the game. I don't see the shutdown lasting much past 2 missed paychecks. I could very well be wrong though.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
my friend just got a private sector job after working for the federal government for over a decade and his relief is a visible aura around him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

his twitch "this is not a PC channel"

lmfao.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

my friend just got a private sector job after working for the federal government for over a decade and his relief is a visible aura around him

:same:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
she's awesome

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1081589643395678208

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

eonwe posted:

lmfao.

if an air-traffic controller wants to have a few heated gaming moments, who am I to deny him

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
I love punching myself in the dick all day

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

What is this?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Chud or not, a shut down should be a SHUT DOWN. Don't make controllers work if the FAA isn't budgeted, just hand the keys to every facility to the military and send them home like the guys in the National Park Service.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pook Good Mook posted:

Good. Western Iowa Democrats are small in number and hardened from years of Steve King.

I think Iowa has a greater than average chance to flip but only if you get the right candidate. Kind of how we lost the governorship because he was a boring probably corrupt old establishment dork while we won the other congressional races and almost unseated Steve King because we had candidates that actually gave half a poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy posted:

if an air-traffic controller wants to have a few heated gaming moments, who am I to deny him

nobody because he is already having them

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/evansiegfried/status/1081590078907006977?s=19 oopsie doodle

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Time for a crime spree!!!!

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

https://twitter.com/pmag1719/status/1081591635165802497

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

eonwe posted:

lmfao.

waving glowsticks at airplanes all day so you can come home to stream fortnite to an audience of zero is some kind of American Dream thats for sure

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

haljordan posted:

Time for a crime spree!!!!

paul manaforts eyes glowing with unlimited power

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Blackchamber posted:

Chud or not, a shut down should be a SHUT DOWN. Don't make controllers work if the FAA isn't budgeted, just hand the keys to every facility to the military and send them home like the guys in the National Park Service.

Hand the federal government over to the military?

:hmmyes:

augias
Apr 7, 2009

white sauce posted:

Why the heck does my GF love touching and grabbing my goddamn face so much.

Even when she’s asleep in my arms her hand just rests on my cheek and makes it all hot and humid from her skin breathing. When it’s cold her hands grab my face and they feel like little frozen meat popsicles on my cheeks.

WHY DO U LIKE TO GRAB MY FACE WOMAN

U got the assface

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

Mine stopped coming by when I told them I would take their pamphlet, but I wasn't interested in having a discussion. I'm not sure why that worked.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

dont worry it's just a partial shutdown

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

the military is being funded, so lets offset the load to military tribunals. It will be good training for when the junta takes over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Good