Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wait are you saying they SHOULD be in prison? Jeez can liberals make up their minds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

a.lo posted:

wait are you saying they SHOULD be in prison? Jeez can liberals make up their minds?

for dealing insidious, non-christ approved DURGS?

nah

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Yo guys I need to buy a book to read is the shock doctrine any good?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1081610610494734337?s=19

Debate me coward

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BAE OF PIGS posted:

haven't read it yet but I've heard it's v good

you should also consider The Half Has Never Been Told and The New Jim Crow if you want to get really angry as well as much more informed

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lmao

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Epic High Five posted:

you should also consider The Half Has Never Been Told and The New Jim Crow if you want to get really angry as well as much more informed

Sweet thanks. Gonna pick it up along with the chapo book.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

lotta mortgages payments gonna be late im sure that won't be a problem for anyone

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

# my balls go apeshit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Do you think Trumps mogs Jared at every opportunity?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

i'm thankful for the sharpie marks on this tweet. when it first loaded, the barrage of images and text sent my mind into a tailspin. i began shaking and gnashing my teeth, foamy blood spraying all over my desk as the swirl of media static assaulted my psyche. i steadied myself against the wall, but my sweat soaked hands meant i start to slide down to the floor and a guaranteed afternoon of writhing in agony on the cold wood beneath

that was

until i noticed the pink marks

they guided my eyes through the maze of this techno-nightmare and gave me solid ground to stand on in a sea of futuristic chaos. thank you

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/CriticalSisters/status/1080974109151019009

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*Looking at ur anime girl avatar* hmmmmmmm

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lol he lives in florida

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pancakes posted:

Run anyway. :shrug:

I did, it mercifully went down to a light drizzle by our agreed meet up time.

I ran 9 miles and then lifted two hours later. Can't recommend it :negative:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

oh, these assholes

a couple bookstores around here have a thing on weekends where drag queens read books to kids and it is triggering the hell out of exactly the sort of people you'd expect

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh yeah TRUMP or whatever

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Americans so thirsty for real government and getting rid of donald that they're lining up to see low energy loser warren say whatever useless bullshit.

DEMS PLEASE KEEP THE COURSE WITH BIPARTISAN rear end SMELLS DO NOT IMPEACH

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

*Looking at ur anime girl avatar* hmmmmmmm

anime avatars... bad??!?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

shovelbum posted:

man i watched a long video about the TempleOS guy and by the end he was ranting about n-words while livestreaming himself masturbating in the streets and then he got hit by a train to death

the way society handles mental health issues is such a loving trainwreck and an example of something legitimately getting overlooked because far stupider things are fought over

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't read the new Jim crow because I'm very familiar with the subject matter and itd make my blood boil, but the half has never been told was super informative about the economics of the American slave trade.

Also, I'll suggest the book reading guy look into "white trash: the 400 year untold history" of something or another. It is really neat if you want to learn about race baiting idiot rubes throughout American history

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

I haven't read the new Jim crow because I'm very familiar with the subject matter and itd make my blood boil, but the half has never been told was super informative about the economics of the American slave trade.

Also, I'll suggest the book reading guy look into "white trash: the 400 year untold history" of something or another. It is really neat if you want to learn about race baiting idiot rubes throughout American history

ya I'm already sold on the premise going in but I'm reading it to get a more specific history

the half has never been told is super informative about a lot of things and is very accessible as well, but the main thing is does in a super manner is systematically destroy any Lost Cause bullshit or the rose tinted history of plantations being a big family and the slaves treated well

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Yes and Naomi Klein owns

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the way society handles mental health issues is such a loving trainwreck and an example of something legitimately getting overlooked because far stupider things are fought over

I'm currently at Walgreens trying to get my brain pill rx transferred from my pharmacy in Iowa and I'm waiting for the guy to call them. I'm standing by a rack of diabetes test strip cards. Not packs, because I assume they're stolen a bunch because they cost up to $2 a piece. The whole healthcare system is broken.

my wife is an er nurse and sees all sorts of people come through the er because it's the only way they can be seen for chronic conditions

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

have you dreamt this man

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm currently at Walgreens trying to get my brain pill rx transferred from my pharmacy in Iowa and I'm waiting for the guy to call them. I'm standing by a rack of diabetes test strip cards. Not packs, because I assume they're stolen a bunch because they cost up to $2 a piece. The whole healthcare system is broken.

my wife is an er nurse and sees all sorts of people come through the er because it's the only way they can be seen for chronic conditions

what song is playing on the store radio rn?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol that the court system isn’t immune from funding bullshjt

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Thom and the Heads posted:

have you dreamt this man

it's just not the same without the douchebag Bluetooth earpiece

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I had a calf cramp (unrelated to sex) and immediately thought of Beto

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

“Why did you undergo the DNA testing and give Donald Trump more fodder to be a bully?” one person asked Warren.

“I’m glad you asked that question,” Warren said. “I am not a person of color, I am not a citizen of a tribe. Tribal citizenship is very different from ancestry. Tribes and only tribes determine tribal citizenship, and I respect that difference.”

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

I dont recognize it. It sounds like adele singing. Does she have a new hit?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

hmm, yes, thank you for answering a different question you made up in your head

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
she really needs to just admit and own that she was being an awful white person about the whole native heritage and drop the thing if she wants to have any meaningful chance.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lmao

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Fireside Nut posted:

What should I be learning instead?

Python is fun and useful and marketable, just don't let its weak-rear end typing let you get lazy

I don't think it's a good language as an introduction to programming for this reason. It instills bad habits and lets you get away with a lot of things without needing a solid understanding of the fundamentals.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

twoday posted:

I had a calf cramp (unrelated to sex) and immediately thought of Beto

that calf cramp was because we're always, at a subconscious level, thinking of beto

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Mariana Horchata posted:

seriously one of the best things about smartphones is that you never have to wonder what song is playing

there's a song i heard on the radio back in the 90's that i've still never found again

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The candidate were going to be supposed to get behind ladies and gents

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

I dont recognize it. It sounds like adele singing. Does she have a new hit?

idk...walgreens plays shiet, cvs has the bangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
still lolling over that story about Gillibrand kissing rear end on Wall St

that had to be leaked by a remarkably self-aware finance exec that wanted to sink her campaign before it even got started