Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is there even any hint of new content in it whatsoever. sometimes those things have little shreds of new stuff with the recap content. not that a bare amount would make it worth it to watch, but still.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Thanks waffleman underscore.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Johnny Joestar posted:

is there even any hint of new content in it whatsoever. sometimes those things have little shreds of new stuff with the recap content. not that a bare amount would make it worth it to watch, but still.

I haven't watched it myself, but going from what I've heard other people say and that fact that it's numbered as .5 says no. Maybe at the most, you'll get some narration.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's actually giorno's new VA going to visit a jojo-themed restaurant with the old giorno va and having a meal, and then midway through araki comes by to tell us that both of them are good VAs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tunicate posted:

it's actually giorno's new VA going to visit a jojo-themed restaurant with the old giorno va and having a meal, and then midway through araki comes by to tell us that both of them are good VAs.

I would love to visit a jojo-themed restaurant. They would serve the best italian food.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah yeah so they did.

I wanna say Shigechi’s did too?

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont know what he could do, maybe some sort of tsk tsk tsk? Stop stop stop?

I’m thinking a super smarmy “Oh no, no, no, no, no, this won’t do at all” kinda thing would work.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/pidgeonsmith/status/1081025181575987201

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Battle Tendency one is a bit of a reach but the rest hold up.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah you don't even need to kill 2 of the 3 bosses in simon's quest

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

multijoe posted:

The Battle Tendency one is a bit of a reach but the rest hold up.

Describing Jotaro as an edgelord in a cloak is reaching for the moon

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Xand_Man posted:

Jotaro's whole thing is beating the poo poo out of people whilst making it look easy, then owning them with sick one liners. Given half a chance he would absolutely say 'psssshh nothing personal, kid'

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xand_Man posted:

I admit, his school uniform isn't really a cloak. He's absolutely an edgelord though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
portrait of kakyoin

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Blaze Dragon posted:

I admit, his school uniform isn't really a cloak. He's absolutely an edgelord though.

this is more obvious when you compare younger jotaro to older jotaro, in part 4 he is somewhat more mature

I always thought that was a nice touch that you could tell his personality had shifted a little with age

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jotaro is more "teenage boy who watched one too many Clint Eastwood movies".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I find it funny that the reason Star Platinum is nerfed slightly in Part 4, beyond Stands getting more varied in power, is that Jotaro mellowed out with age.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mainly it took a lot of physical exertion. which was why it was dangerous for dio to have it because given his supernatural endurance he could theoretically work on extending it quite a lot if need be.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I find it funny that the reason Star Platinum is nerfed slightly in Part 4, beyond Stands getting more varied in power, is that Jotaro mellowed out with age.

It's a pretty good reason honestly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No, it's a good reason. It's just a little funny that Jotaro becoming more personable weakened him.

Johnny Joestar posted:

mainly it took a lot of physical exertion. which was why it was dangerous for dio to have it because given his supernatural endurance he could theoretically work on extending it quite a lot if need be.

Though this was a factor as well.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What can't Jotaro do in part 4 other than fly 'jump' with Star Platinum? If anything with his use of the The World he's stronger than he was than the near entirety of his own arc. He even overshadows Josuke by being the win condition for both the fights with Kira

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Johnny Joestar posted:

Wasn't there some semi hard cap on how long Jotaro could stop time before he passed out or something, which would end SP's effect? Whereas Dio did not have that problem due to being a dracula.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The mellowing out is show in-universe as Jotaro approaching stand fights a lot more cautiously and methodically, too, as kind of a trade-off for not being able to exert as much physically. In some situations he would've been killed (ignoring plot armor) if he just reflex used his ability without understanding the opponent.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

multijoe posted:

What can't Jotaro do in part 4 other than fly 'jump' with Star Platinum? If anything with his use of the The World he's stronger than he was than the near entirety of his own arc. He even overshadows Josuke by being the win condition for both the fights with Kira

it's very explicitly said that he can only hold it for a fraction of the time that he used to be able to

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I used to think it was kind of dumb that jotaro didn't insta-reflex star platinum against red hot chili peppers (the electric stand in part 4) and people mostly say it's because Araki Forgot, but jotaro being cautious and being wary of traps is a lot smarter. This is doubly so since apparently in-universe enemies know or speculate about star platinum's power.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

multijoe posted:

I believe Star Platinum was implied to have stopped time for five full seconds at the end of SC, whereas it's down to about 1 - 2 in DiU.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

I used to think it was kind of dumb that jotaro didn't insta-reflex star platinum against red hot chili peppers (the electric stand in part 4) and people mostly say it's because Araki Forgot, but jotaro being cautious and being wary of traps is a lot smarter. This is doubly so since apparently in-universe enemies know or speculate about star platinum's power.

Speaking of which, how did Akira find out about Time Stop? :psyduck:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if there were internet message boards for stand users in the world of Jojo, and anyone that survives a fight with Jotaro after Part 3 would probably have a story that someone smart could use to figure out Time Stop.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Thatd imply jotaros been having offscreen adventures

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

he read an Egyptian newspaper about someone vandalizing a clock and figured it out.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DIO carved TIME STOP STAND onto his arm before he died

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Let's be fair, there's a non-zero chance that Joseph or Polnareff have bragged about knowing a guy that can stop time

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Joseph is so proud of his grandson

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Part 5 isn't Dio's fault it's Enya for dropping all those bundles of stand arrows

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Jotaro used it as a prank all the time in college.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I assume Keicho Nijimura told him about it. The real question is how Keicho found out about...pretty much everything. Maybe he interrogated Dio's surviving minions; none of them actually saw Jotaro stop time, but Daniel D'Arby probably suspected Jotaro of stopping time before he actually developed the time stop.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

darbys brain dead

he got spooked too hard

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

darbys brain dead

he got spooked too hard

I don't think he's brain dead. He went nuts for a bit, but he probably got over it eventually.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Silver2195 posted:

I don't think he's brain dead. He went nuts for a bit, but he probably got over it eventually.

Yes, especially after Dio died and its not like hes gonna get retribution for his failure anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_bkxiKvnR0

What would you do with ten dollars?