Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your resolution for the new year?
This poll is closed.
To play more games 54 12.68%
To play more games 52 12.21%
To play less games...sorry, I meant more games 70 16.43%
To play games more 79 18.54%
Something else (in addition to playing more games) 66 15.49%
To make more/less Bowsette references 105 24.65%
Total: 219 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Samuringa posted:

@cheetah

Don't know if you have decided yet but GOG is having an XSeed sale and the first Trails In The Sky is really cheap.

Cool I'm not gonna have a chance for a while but might as well pick it up when it's on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

With Ace Combat 7 looming on the horizon I keep thinking about what kind of bullshit tunnel they will make us fly through this time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samuringa posted:

With Ace Combat 7 looming on the horizon I keep thinking about what kind of bullshit tunnel they will make us fly through this time

The ruins of Stonehenge are in the trailer. Also there's a space elevator

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like I should preorder to get the other Ace Combat game that comes with it (AC5???) but I've only played the 3DS one

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I feel like I should preorder to get the other Ace Combat game that comes with it (AC5???) but I've only played the 3DS one

Five is very good and also has a great trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA&t=137s

Edit: Realtalk Ace Combat 7's story is a continuation of the previous games, it seems like knowing the backstory of 4 and/or 5 will be the most impactful

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

rate rivals not by their character, but their theme songs - sun tzu
God Hand's got two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvxD2YHc80k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyX6HnZW8Kc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e04zxzEmZW8

TBH I don't like that AC7 is taking place in Anime World instead of irl (well, anime irl I guess). Assault Horizon had issues but it was hilarious and dumb as hell dogfighting a nuclear missilebomb through DC and causing more property damage than the bomb itself.

DFM sucked outside of that scene though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Strangereal is way cooler than Earth.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

Dancing with the angels is lame as gently caress

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RBA Starblade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e04zxzEmZW8

TBH I don't like that AC7 is taking place in Anime World instead of irl (well, anime irl I guess). Assault Horizon had issues but it was hilarious and dumb as hell dogfighting a nuclear missilebomb through DC and causing more property damage than the bomb itself.

DFM sucked outside of that scene though

That's how you know it's going to be good instead of lovely Assault Horizon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

As long as I can still barrel roll apaches for no real reason I'll tolerate it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I played ac6 first which was a great idea cause non strangereal ac games dont rate

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon, more like

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's proper abbreviation is AssHor

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mood

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i will still remember how I played the assault horizon demo, wasn't enjoying it, and then went to crash into the ground whereupon my jet bounced off the ground and started to regenerate health

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Cool I'm not gonna have a chance for a while but might as well pick it up when it's on sale.

I'm very surprised you haven't played any trails games but hopefully you'll like them

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

the future is here

Ah yes prototype renders...and when you buy it it will be a rectangular box with painted edges and a backlight power button because custom made wavy plastic parts alone would raise the price by 100$.

Just like Star Citizen this thing is never releasing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Real hurthling! posted:

I played ac6 first which was a great idea cause non strangereal ac games dont rate

i played a bunch of the ace combat 6 demo on a standard def crt and then i went to a friend's house and saw it on an hdtv and i remember just being in awe. i think that's the first time i saw a game on an hdtv

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

as a character hau is cool but as a trainer he sucks

if he'd been a challenging opponent, like gary tier, fucks you up at the end of marathon dungeons, he would be a great rival

Weirdly I think the toughest rival is actually Barry

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

:yeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdJ_mkgFeAE

I'm not ready to go full Gundam so Ace Combat gives me what I need within the framework of recognizable military hardware

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 6, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yat-uCuVf8M

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am enjoying Pokémon Let's Go.

I think I should have gone with the Pikachu one though, Eevee is a bit much

Edit: Also I am watching John Wick 2 and I can't stop thinking "John Wick is in grave danger", the internet has ruined this for me I think

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 6, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Help Im Alive posted:

the future is here

I never knew that the cars people are partnering with ubisoft to release a rabbid-shaped console.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a price or release date of this game console? It's a true full on console with it's own operating system and everything? Not just an over priced gaming PC?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

the future is here

I'm excited for the Return of the OUYA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm excited for the Return of the OUYA.

That is what I thought when I saw this. There is no room for other consoles than from Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

Is there a price or release date of this game console?

No lol they say it's not coming until 2020\21

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 6, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

[...] it's not coming [...]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/robtrench/status/1080998388781469696

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

No lol they say it's not coming until 2020\21

That's not bad for timing in my opinion, that is when Sony and Microsoft will apparently have new consoles. But I still think there is no space for this console and it will sink.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I had never even heard of this movie. It came out August 2018 and only 9 movie critics reviewed it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
getting owned by a superboss that is completely ineffective until 30% HP at which point it becomes so strong I can't ever beat it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

getting owned by a superboss that is completely ineffective until 30% HP at which point it becomes so strong I can't ever beat it

do tell

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hot Take: Majority superbosses are lovely and lazily designed and provide nothing but tedium and an exercise in how to play a combat puzzle

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what's the best superboss

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's in Atelier Meruru. Since Atelier games are all about item creation naturally like 60-75% of your power comes from equipment instead of your level. So I put a lot of effort into my equipment and I think it's pretty good and seeming the early part of the boss agrees. But as its HP decreases it gets more and more actions per turn so my dudes get whittled down and die--which would be fine, because they're all wearing accessories that auto-revive them at the start of their turn if you haven't actually gotten wiped. But around 30% HP the boss starts healing for 3k health every time one of my guys dies, when I do about 700 damage per attack. It just suddenly becomes a point where the boss' HP goes up instead of down and I'm gonna have to go back into my hyperbolic crafting chamber and make some better healing items so I can survive, I think.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Black August posted:

Hot Take: Majority superbosses are lovely and lazily designed and provide nothing but tedium and an exercise in how to play a combat puzzle

There are definitely superbosses like that but there's also some that are "this game has been pretty easy so far, here's something that actually demands system mastery" and those ones are good.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best superboss

One that challenges you on your mastery of every system provided by the game, who hits insanely hard but folds quickly if you're sufficiently skilled and fast instead of being a 4 hour hellslog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FF13 once again proves itself good due to the eidolon battles testing whether you understand the systems (many apparently did not, and hated them).