Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
gawker was incompetently run by horny psychopaths but it was still the best mass market journalism in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Bushiz posted:

gawker was incompetently run by horny psychopaths but it was still the best mass market journalism in the world

THS
Sep 15, 2017

buzzfeed style won the online tabloid wars and we’re all poorer for it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mr. Ford was such a treasure.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

THS posted:

buzzfeed style won the online tabloid wars and we’re all poorer for it

buzzfeed has one of the most premiere investigative jormalism units tho

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

buzzfeed has one of the most premiere investigative jormalism units tho

it sucks and is gay

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Bushiz posted:

Valleywag was the poo poo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
splinter is good imo

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I only read CSPAM for my views and news

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
same, CSPAM is the only trustworthy news outlet

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

zegermans posted:

quote from man bankrupted for by a shadowy billionaire using hulk hogan as a stand-in - "what are you gonna do, bankrupt me for by a shadowy billionaire using hulk hogan as a stand-in"
When SpaceX announced that they were going to fly two private citizens around the moon in a Crew Dragon (before upping it to a bunch of Japanese artists in Starship) they refused to identify the customers, but in my heart they were always Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bushiz posted:

I truly believe that bringing Gawker down was part of the prep for the Trump run, they would have run the Steele dossier before the election and I’m pretty sure they broke the Enquirer burning the Susan McDougal info.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/340295774371971072?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/745304333483393024?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

GWBBQ posted:

When SpaceX announced that they were going to fly two private citizens around the moon in a Crew Dragon (before upping it to a bunch of Japanese artists in Starship) they refused to identify the customers, but in my heart they were always Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan.

The real SpaceX was the billionaires dicks we sucked along the way

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
It's funny because Hillary is terrible but I'll still keep voting for that garbage

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

“Hit the legdrop from orbit. it’s the only way to be sure.”

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I wonder, I wonder every goddamn day :(

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
just remember if you think america has been as loving dumb now as it has ever been

clearchannel's post 9/11 "lyrically questionable" song list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

featuring such provocative songs as "walk like an egpytian by the bangles" and *checks notes* "america by neil diamond"

just loving lol about the climate whiplashing from back then to the freeze peach that exists now

and also lol corporations having to put together a trigger list together and then spend next 20 years walking it back to the point it no longer ever originally existed

and star spangled ice cream i think was the most dumb conservative moral panic food thing too

flavors:
fighting marine touch cookies & cream
air force "plane" vanilla
gi love chocolate
navy battlechip
iraqi road
smaller government
gun nut
i hate the french vanilla
nutty environmentalist
rushmallow
ara-fat free
candy mccain <-- lol
cherry falwell <-- lol
choc & awe
donald rum Raisin
dutch (reagan) chocolate
iraq the vote
orange alert sherbet <-- yes america did need an ice cream for the scary terrorist warning chart that doesn't seem to exist any more. just hmbol
school prayerleens & creme
al gore fundraiser coffee
bill clinton im-peach
jimmy carter Peanut Malaise
john kerry ketchup dough

also note how much things have changed before and after 2006 that this list is completely missing supporting are first responders or even are cops

https://web.archive.org/web/20060207010206/http://www.starspangledicecream.com:80/New/index1.htm

jesus gently caress humans are dumb we deserve ecological collapse from climate change

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
holy poo poo, i thought that was some kind of unhinged shitpost until i clicked that link :stonklol:

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

clearchannel's post 9/11 "lyrically questionable" song list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum
Wait, did they ban Green Day's "Brain Stew" because of its connection to the skyscraper-destroying terrorist known as "Godzilla"?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Trump's longtime butler was so ultraracist that he had to be fired during the campaign

I'm sure I've posted about it before in this thread but I the memory of the guy saying Obama should be lynched in front of the White House, which he called the White Mosque, just hit me like a bolt of lightning

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
freedom fries

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
the vertical line on george w bush;'s approval rating chart is some funny poo poo to me

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

the vertical line on george w bush;'s approval rating chart is some funny poo poo to me

there should be a second vertical line somewhere around when he said trump is a doodyface

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That time Fox tried to make a scandal out of Obama eating a burger with dijon mustard.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Filthy Hans posted:

Trump's longtime butler was so ultraracist that he had to be fired during the campaign

I'm sure I've posted about it before in this thread but I the memory of the guy saying Obama should be lynched in front of the White House, which he called the White Mosque, just hit me like a bolt of lightning

gently caress, how did I not know about this.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

TrilliontonNixon posted:

That time Fox tried to make a scandal out of Obama eating a burger with dijon mustard.

also when John Kerry asked for a cheesesteak with swiss

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

MikeCrotch posted:

also when John Kerry asked for a cheesesteak with swiss

i always find out new food stuff on this forum. i'm from cleveland and i always assumed cheesesteak was supposed to come with swiss because that's how i've always had it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The “philly way” is to order it “wiz with,” i.e. with loving cheese wiz and onions

Bush smirkingly said “I like my cheesesteaks wiz with” at a press conference after the Kerry thing became a scandal

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GalacticAcid posted:

The “philly way” is to order it “wiz with,” i.e. with loving cheese wiz and onions

Bush smirkingly said “I like my cheesesteaks wiz with” at a press conference after the Kerry thing became a scandal

holy poo poo I’ve discovered a bad thing about philly!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cheese whiz, while delicious, does not belong on or near real food.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the other “authentic” option is provolone I think

I hope the real thing and not provel :ohdear:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

TrilliontonNixon posted:

They went on and on about how Obama chose hoity toity french Grey Poupon mustard

Grey Poupon is a Kraft product

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

candy mccain <-- lol
lol

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

They went on and on about how Obama chose hoity toity french Grey Poupon mustard

Grey Poupon is a Kraft product

also it sucks, like yeah sure its a better mustard than yellow but thats a low bar

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

There's nothing wrong with yellow mustard though? And I think Obama asked for Dijon but not sure

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i think japan has been cagey around american president food since HW bush puked on their prime minister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I suddenly remembered that a few people got confused and boycotted French's Mustard during all the "freedom fries" nonsense. The company had to put out a statement to say that their yellow gloop in a squeezy bottle was not from France, despite the name.