Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1081579535114608640

Lmao steve knows about having his balls taxed at 100%

painfully taxed :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

juche avocado posted:

make trump watch the shutdown episode(s) of The West Wing and see what happens imo

Lol making tump watch the west wing zould be hilarious but youd havd to strap him to his seat clockwork orange style

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

what is this garbage, idgi

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

ShriekingMarxist posted:

No country in the world is able to provide Healthcare to ALL of its citizens!

*bombs birthday party of 'suspected terrorist' from 4,000 miles away kills every but the terrorist*

WE CAN'T AFFORD SOCIALIZED MEDICINE UNTIL WE DEAL WITH THE TERRORISTS!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

trump will threaten to invoke emergency powers and nationalize the fencing/wall industry (LongFence inc, others????) and then ???

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Idiocracy is a documentary

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ahahaha eat poo poo

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1081707930070798336

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rump buttman posted:

senator fauxcahontas bound and determined to re-elect trump

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

juche avocado posted:

trump will threaten to invoke emergency powers and nationalize the fencing/wall industry (LongFence inc, others????) and then ???

gild the gently caress out of it

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hahahahahaha

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:rip:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

can't secede if your federal government no longer exists

you jest but there's probably like fifteen guys in the kremlin working on plans for this contingency

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

they're just gonna abuse the prisoners even harder :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lock em up

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Michael Cohen is eating steak and eggs while the prison guard paid to watch him is trying to give his kid mac n' cheese

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

rump buttman posted:

warren was objecting to jeff sessions as attorney general when she was told to stop because of a rule. mcconnell was speaking later and said "nevertheless, she persisted"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1081579535114608640

Lmao steve knows about having his balls taxed at 100%

It's funny how what he's saying would be Marxist with the slightest tweak. It's like how our DNA is only 4% different from a Chimpanzee

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
is the new mission impossible movie worth watching

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

requiring people to work without pay seems like it should be illegal ???

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's funny how what he's saying would be Marxist with the slightest tweak. It's like how our DNA is only 4% different from a Chimpanzee

One step at a time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good catte caught a pelican

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

[extremely libertarian voice]

ahhhhh, but their contract!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

the 13th amendment is the stick, not having to live in jail while they work for free is the carrot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

ArfJason posted:

Kicked out of barns and noble for slipping a DVD case of Idiocracy in the nonfiction shelf. They said they agreed on principle, its just that they don't do DVDs.

You were very unlucky to go to that location, almost all Barnes and Nobles carry DVDs

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Joementum posted:

'butbutbut contracts can't override the constitution!'

"in a 6-3 decision..."

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I, for one, enjoy actually getting paid to shitpost work

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Duscat posted:

you jest but there's probably like fifteen guys in the kremlin working on plans for this contingency

well at least someone's thinking about the future

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The Muppets On PCP posted:

well at least someone's thinking about the future

:yeah:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

Liberal song about the perfect world: John Lennon's Imagine
Leftist song about the perfect world: L'internationale
Libertarian song about the perfect world: Sixteen Tons

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

help computer

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

helta posted:

help computer

here is a sample of OK Computer by Radiohead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOqwbuQq_U&t=455s

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064216956679716864

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

DryGoods posted:

warren was objecting to jeff sessions as attorney general when she was told to stop because of a rule. mcconnell was speaking later and said "nevertheless, she persisted"

drat, and here I thought it was some bull moose reference or some poo poo. its hella worse.

her campaign manager/speech writer are dumb as hell

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Duscat posted:

you can do callbacks without loving telegraphing it to the moon liz

subtlety is worthless, OP

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

The fucks goin on

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
whatever happened to mueller

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

white sauce posted:

whatever happened to mueller

he gave up

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

There's a passage this brings to mind in Amin Maalouf's The Crusades Through Arab Eyes:

quote:

One day, he relates, the Frankish governor of Munayrta, in the Lebanese mountains, wrote to my uncle the sultan, emir Shayzar, asking him to send a physician to treat several urgent cases. My uncle selected one of our Christian doctors, a man named Thabit. He was gone for just a few days, and then returned home. We were all very curious to know how he was able to cure the patients so quickly, and we besieged him with questions. Thabit answered: "They brought before me a knight who had an abscess on his leg and a woman suffering from consumption. I made a plaster for the knight, and the swelling opened and improved. For the woman, I prescribed a diet to revive her constitution. But then a Frankish doctor arrived and objected, 'this man does not know how to care for them.' And addressing the knight, he asked him, 'which do you prefer, to live with one leg or die with two?' When the patient replied that he preferred to live with just one leg, the physician ordered, "bring me a strong knight with a well-sharpened battle-axe." The knight and the axe soon arrived. The Frankish doctor placed the man's leg on the chopping block, telling the new arrival, 'strike a sharp blow to cut cleanly.' Before my very eyes, the man struck an initial blow, but then, since the leg was still attached, he struck a second time. The marrow of the leg spurted forth and the wounded man died in an instant. As for the woman, the Frankish doctor examined her and said, 'She has a demon in her head who has fallen in love with her. Cut her hair.' They cut her hair. The woman then began to eat again, with garlic and mustard, which aggravated the consumption. Their doctor affirmed, 'The devil himself must have entered her head.' Then, grasping a razor, he cut an incision in the shape of a cross, exposed the bone of the skull, and rubbed it with salt. The woman died on the spot. I asked then, 'have you any further need of me?' They said no, and I returned home,. having learned much that I had never known about the medicine of the Franj."

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

Lucky Ducky! Grrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:chloe: