Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
AOC livin rent free in literally every right wingers head

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/1081692282477256707
https://twitter.com/SteveScalise/status/1081579535114608640
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1081606601964949509
https://twitter.com/AdamSchiavone/status/1081341365789904896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

AOC livin rent free in literally every right wingers head

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/1081692282477256707

the number of pundits and politicians who do not understand brackets continues to depress me.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Qwijib0 posted:

the number of pundits and politicians who do not understand brackets continues to depress me.

I think they understand, they just want to confuse the general public to avoid higher taxes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have literally known people who turned down raises because they thought they'd make less in a higher tax bracket

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Neil Armbong posted:

I think they understand, they just want to confuse the general public to avoid higher taxes.

They used to understand. But the OG grifters have all retired/died and now true believers have taken their place.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

I have literally known people who turned down raises because they thought they'd make less in a higher tax bracket

Maybe they figured the government would do more harm with the tax on it than they would get out of their take home.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

Maybe they figured the government would do more harm with the tax on it than they would get out of their take home.

lol what

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

General Dog posted:

Galaxy Brain

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

General Dog posted:

Sure, but those people are morons

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Like, if you personally believe turning down the $4000 you'd take home is worth keeping $6000 away from medicaid or whatever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Normal brain: turning down a raise so the government can't tax the increased income
Galaxy brain: quitting your job so you can't be taxed at all

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cutting your nose off to spite your face, like the Heroes of Old

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Edit wrong thread

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey y’all remember me talking about the layoffs? Guess what email i got today, on a Saturday, after my boss text me asking me to check my email

“Let’s talk about it on Monday”

How about you just tell me on Monday you stupid dick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

drat dude that blows

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Tax increase discussions are a great reminder that every major news outlet is run by the 0.05% of people this tax would actually affect. Love seeing those headlines about "AOC proposes 70% tax rate to fund new green deal". It is amazing how many people pay taxes and do not understand progressive tax rates.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hey y’all remember me talking about the layoffs? Guess what email i got today, on a Saturday, after my boss text me asking me to check my email

“Let’s talk about it on Monday”

How about you just tell me on Monday you stupid dick

Sucks man

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

Like, if you personally believe turning down the $4000 you'd take home is worth keeping $6000 away from medicaid or whatever.

This is not the proportion for taxes for anyone in the US.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Tax increase discussions are a great reminder that every major news outlet is run by the 0.05% of people this tax would actually affect. Love seeing those headlines about "AOC proposes 70% tax rate to fund new green deal". It is amazing how many people pay taxes and do not understand progressive tax rates.

Maybe people do understand brackets and just find 70% unconscionable for any portion of income.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Funemployment starts now.

I wanted out of this company anyway, this will just spur me on to find the next thing which I’ve been half asking up to now. I’ll probably move back to Atlanta and find something there

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Maybe people do understand brackets and just find 70% unconscionable for any portion of income.

Counterpoint: Eat the rich

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

General Dog posted:

Then they’re selfish as poo poo and don’t deserve to live in a civilized society.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wanted out of this company anyway, this will just spur me on to find the next thing which I’ve been half asking up to now. I’ll probably move back to Atlanta and find something there

Good luck man, I'm rooting for ya.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

:yeah: thats a good attitude lookin forward to your drunk posting at like 2 in the afternoon on Wednesdays again

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

General Dog posted:

Nah.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good luck, dude. Keep up that trend of 100% "getting laid off was a blessing" outcomes in TFF.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Not what I meant to post

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 6, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

:yeah: thats a good attitude lookin forward to your drunk posting at like 2 in the afternoon on Wednesdays again

How dare you sir I have neber drunk posted in my life

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Good luck, dude. Keep up that trend of 100% "getting laid off was a blessing" outcomes in TFF.

I had a really good interview on Thursday for a gig in Atlanta so fingers crossed

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good luck man. Maybe you can find a job as the Bucs OL coach, you cannot possibly be worse than Warhop.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Getting laid off means you get unemployment while you look for some poo poo. Could be worse.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
What I meant to post in here

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1081740581490094082

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Good luck man. Maybe you can find a job as the Bucs OL coach, you cannot possibly be worse than Warhop.

If I’m going anywhere it’s to Knoxville. Set me up with NCAA 14 and “Ask Coach” and Vols are going to the ship

seiferguy posted:

Getting laid off means you get unemployment while you look for some poo poo. Could be worse.

Yeah they offered a halfass severance so I’m going to try and negotiate it but we’ll see

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sucks man, but I hear there's an opening in Tampa Bay. I'll be your character reference.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

If I’m going anywhere it’s to Knoxville. Set me up with NCAA 14 and “Ask Coach” and Vols are going to the ship

Yeah they offered a halfass severance so I’m going to try and negotiate it but we’ll see

Make sure you get it in writing that they wont fight you for applying for unemployment. Should be standard on most severance agreements.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

It almost doesn't even look that impressive because he's so ridiculous.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is Zion going to dominate in the NBA or does everyone need to hit threes now?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1080931766238629888

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

At a bar in Williamsburg, bartender ends up telling me she was at the panthers pats super bowl.

“Me too,” I say.

“Oh! My dad ref’d the game!” She replied.

“What’s his address?”

She didn’t know I was joking at first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He appears to be the consensus #1 pick right now, but yeah I don't think he'll dominate unless he develops some sort of shot. He's also stupid young in addition to being stupid athletic and stupid grown rear end man physically already and everything else, so he's got time to do that.

He'll definitely have an impact in some way though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

i haven't watched a duke game and i probably never will but you can fit a few guys that can't make 3s in the frontcourt no problem. the big concern is that he's an inch shorter and 35 lbs heavier than lebron, and how does that translate into a full season of games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's not like he's fat, he's just a wide slab of muscle. But yeah, you'd probably like him to be taller in an ideal world since he's going to spend a lot of time inside.

He can make it up with athleticism so far (quite easily, like without trying), it'll be fun to see if he can keep that up with strength against taller, ridiculously more athletic people than he's seeing now.