Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bert Roberge posted:

We'll be dead before the end of the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

poo poo just got real

quote:

Across the country, craft beer makers, which regularly introduce new brews, are busy preparing their seasonal batches for spring, but the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau — an agency most people have probably never heard of — is not approving labels for new drinks while the government is closed.

The closure means that until lawmakers can agree on a deal to end the shutdown, don’t expect to see any new varieties on grocery shelves or at your local brewery. And some craft makers are already beginning to feel the pinch.

The closure of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, commonly known as the TTB, could impact the release of thousands of new beers, wines, and liquors across the country, hitting craft brewers hardest as the government shutdown continues with no end in sight.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Baloogan posted:

gonna tell the barber to make my head look tall, because naturally my head looks wide

:catstare:

thats the opposite of what i envisioned stop lying tallhead

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

have you ever seen a more smug guillotineable face on someone not trump

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bert Roberge posted:

We'll be dead before the end of the next one.

Why wait that long?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Baloogan posted:

im gonna go for a gun jesus look

stigMAGA

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

ShriekingMarxist posted:

:hmmyes: they don’t have a drop of royal blood in their bodies, that’s just science

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

lmao the decade is almost over

:stare:

what the hell

this 2000s poo poo threw me off

the 2010's didnt even feel like a real decade it was just a continuation of the earlier 2000s i dont believe soros's fake SJW years

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Rah! posted:

i dont believe soros's fake SJW years

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ShriekingMarxist posted:

I need to speak to ur manager!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

I need to speak to ur manager!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vszT-cJTzpM

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Trunk

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Folks 90s pop is bad

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Trafq

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Trcvh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yrrrrrrrrrrrrtrrrrujbjp

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

wow, she really just shot his dick off here

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1081761714096476160

aoc 2024

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

AOC can clown on these GOP assholes all day because she's in a D+infinity district

but also the guy who used to occupy that same seat never did this poo poo and was next in line to be speaker

controlled opposition succ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Folks 90s pop is bad

Semi Charmed Life tho

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

otoh a lot of people are really loving stupid and being rich does not at all preclude you from being really loving stupid

There exists a large subset of people who believe notoriety and success necessarily correlate with intelligence and/or talent, and so ascribe good faith and give the benefit of the doubt to anyone with any amount of fame.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Joementum posted:

wow, she really just shot his dick off here

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1081761714096476160

AOC owns

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
she isn't decorum poisoned yet so that's good

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

ShriekingMarxist posted:

this thread is fun, about medicine around the time of the french rev:

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1081666211962863617

wow what a rude way to speak to our president

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1081665858911551488

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Baloogan posted:

:toxx: in 2019 i will make baloogan gin and you might buy it

Logo: Just a pair of yellow boots hanging by their laces from the word baloogan.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

baw posted:

wow what a rude way to speak to our president

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1081665858911551488

wow it’s almost like Paracelsus was a documentary

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdLijcLwIhk

ɟןıd ɯopǝ ıs ʇɥǝ ƃɹǝɐʇǝsʇ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
free avi

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

can you trumi

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fansy posted:

Yes! Good memory.

Can someone explain why the far left hates the DSA?

I see a lot of lefties making GBS threads on DSA on the internet, calling us liberals and friends of capitalists etc.

But all the folks in DSA that I meet are marxists or are part of the ISO or seem pretty dang far left.

Online people are dumb as poo poo. DSA is fine but some people want it to be something it isn't because they aren't willing to create what they want themselves

You probably shouldn't give any headspace to anybody you can't confirm is doing actual good things in the real world as well

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

truurpe

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

red19fire posted:

After the election a whole bunch of Hillary hashtag resistance types joined and then decided that it needed to be more like the DNC. So for example they got some guy elected the head of the police reform committee, then were flabbergasted when there was backlash because they had covered up that he was a civilian police union rep, ie the highest order of cop bootlicker.

The Hillary wine mom caucus then tried to make the DSA more corporate friendly, and make a more DNC style superdelegate system because they thought there was too much POC & trans representation. The national chapter meeting in like 2017 was chaos.

I think/hope they’ve been mostly bounced out by now.

They bounced out immediately, that guy was kicked out and the libs declared the local DSA that did it was doomed and then they got a bunch of labor reforms passed that the libs opposed

If they could politick or actually believed in anything they wouldn't be libs

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
DSA is still kind of a mess, because a lot of the local leaderships and national committee are in the grip of young wide eyed political apparatus climbers who are way more interested in building a resume than creating a revolution for the working class. It's a really soft liberalism that plays well contrasted with the DNC, but they're still pied pipering all the prole energy directly into the DNC's pocket.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao scalise tried to pick a fight on Twitter and got so owned that he is now demanding that the debate take place in a safe space

Like buddy you've literally had congressional investigations into social media what'd you expect

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ShriekingMarxist posted:

DSA is still kind of a mess, because a lot of the local leaderships and national committee are in the grip of young wide eyed political apparatus climbers who are way more interested in building a resume than creating a revolution for the working class. It's a really soft liberalism that plays well contrasted with the DNC, but they're still pied pipering all the prole energy directly into the DNC's pocket.

They're important because it means that the emerging left isn't finding their place between the DSA and the libs, but rather between the DSA and cop car burning anarchists

Like Bernard and FDR, they're essentially a compromise with capital instead of an honest to God revolution of means seizing

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bethamphetamine posted:

poo poo just got real

maebe once ppl learn their tax refunds might be impacted they will start doing some luigi galleani shiet

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

ShriekingMarxist posted:

if they were any more left the FBI would be assassinating them. as things stand, the FBI is merely tracking their every move.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Lmao scalise tried to pick a fight on Twitter and got so owned that he is now demanding that the debate take place in a safe space

Like buddy you've literally had congressional investigations into social media what'd you expect

That poor helpless, uh, fifth or sixth most powerful person in the Republican party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

maybe they can meet in the lady's room